Song Tournament Schedule

Tools    

Merry Christmas Music Tournament (December 1 ~ 25)
The "I've Got You Covered" Song Tournament (January 6 ~ January ?)
Valentine's Day ~ Put a Little Love in Your Heart Tournament!!! (February 11 ~ 28)
Across The Decades (February 18 ~ ?)
The 10+ Minute Song Song Tournament March
Sad Songs Song Tournament ~ (Mid March)
Song Tournament #18 ~ (Late March)
Movie Clip Song Tournament Part II (On Hold)
The "You Motivate Me" Song Tournament (Summer)

General Song Tournament (???)

I know we usually use each other's threads for this, but I want to snag a couple of dates, soooooo . . .

We'll be ending this year with a slow paced tournament. We'll be busy with the holidays, and we won't need to rush about listening to a bunch of nominations. I like the idea of listening to these songs while decorating, wrapping presents, and so on . . . So anyways, after my Christmas thread, will be Chyp's theme. I'm not sure if anyone else has a theme idea after that or not, but I'll want to run the "All About Lovers" theme in February. Who are we kidding. It's the perfect month for that. I had this idea in between MoJo's two threads. Mainly because I kept worrying about my nominations not being too specific. Ironically, Cricket and I just discussed this a bit more tonight. Whether it's a duet, with two people singing to each other, or one person singing about relationships in general, this will be the easiest to choose for.

I officialy retired from any Song Tournament... It was a fun ride but I have enough of it

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I like the idea of having a schedule. It gives people time to choose their nominations without having to rush.

I know we usually use each other's threads for this, but I want to snag a couple of dates, soooooo . . .

We'll be ending this year with a slow paced tournament. We'll be busy with the holidays, and we won't need to rush about listening to a bunch of nominations. I like the idea of listening to these songs while decorating, wrapping presents, and so on . . . So anyways, after my Christmas thread, will be Chyp's theme. I'm not sure if anyone else has a theme idea after that or not, but I'll want to run the "All About Lovers" theme in February. Who are we kidding. It's the perfect month for that. I had this idea in between MoJo's two threads. Mainly because I kept worrying about my nominations not being too specific. Ironically, Cricket and I just discussed this a bit more tonight. Whether it's a duet, with two people singing to each other, or one person singing about relationships in general, this will be the easiest to choose for.

I'm looking forward to the "All About Lovers" tournament. And right around Valentine's Day is the right time for it.

I'd be quite interested in running a small 'Say What?' one at some point if there was enough interest - the theme being that all entries would have to be in a language other than English. No idea whether there would be enough willing to take part though.

I'd be quite interested in running a small 'Say What?' one at some point if there was enough interest - the theme being that all entries would have to be in a language other than English. No idea whether there would be enough willing to take part though.

I don't think I know enough songs that aren't English, so I doubt I would be able to join that tournament, but I might listen to the songs that other people nominate.

I don't think I know enough songs that aren't English, so I doubt I would be able to join that tournament, but I might listen to the songs that other people nominate.
Yeah, only people I'd be confident might take part would be myself and christine tbh but just thought I'd put the idea our there as non-English language songs don't generally stand much chance in a normal song tournament which is a shame as there are lots of great ones.

I'm looking forward to the "All About Lovers" tournament. And right around Valentine's Day is the right time for it.
Thanks! I believe it would be, as well.

I would, for sure. I nominated one K~Pop song in that last tournament, but it got outed pretty fast. Just 2 - 3 votes for it, if memory serves.

Chyp and GBG, I know you guys prefer to do these tournaments back to back, instead of at the same time. I'm not sure what Christine, Clazor, Cosmic, and Topsy prefer, or even if they can be in this next thread of mine. My question is . . . Doing the math on a 128 song tournament thread, and having each set last 24 hours, the entire tournament should last 19 days. Given a few days for ***** happening. So, would you guys prefer that I run my Valentine thread right after Chyp's thread, or should I start it on the 27th, so that it ends pretty much on Valentine's Day? Be straight up. I don't care either way. It's not important enough to get upset over. I'd sooner just do it the way you guys prefer.

I'll be in the Valentine's tourney, and I don't care about the timing.
OK, that'll be great. I hope Chyp's OK with it, but I'll do this however he chooses. I truly don't mind, either way. I hope the same group of people I just had for my Christmas thread, join back in. That was a fun, relaxing bunch. God bless 'em! You'll make that perfect number eight. I'm probably hoping for way too much, here.

I'm grand with you running it whenever and however you want hun. In all honesty I'm not that into love songs so I'll probably give that tourney a miss this itme.

yeah I'd be up for that if you could find enough peoples.

I'm in for the Valentines one too Lisa

I would like to see another regular song tournament - Song Tournament 18 - maybe soon. I am so not interested in a Valentine's Day related tournament because we've already done two other love song tournaments in the past. You guys can do whatever you want, but another regular Song Tournament may pop up at sometime, perhaps hosted by me, if there are people interested. Maybe those of you not participating in the Valentine's & Cover Song Tournaments.

I'm grand with you running it whenever and however you want hun. In all honesty I'm not that into love songs so I'll probably give that tourney a miss this itme.
OK, thanks! Bummers on you missing it. I was hoping you and your wife would do that set more so together. She just did a pinch of the Christmas thread. It was just a thought.

yeah I'd be up for that if you could find enough peoples.

I'm in for the Valentines one too Lisa
Great!

for the Valentines one can we look for more interesting love songs not all them big slushy ballady ones cos they kill me having to listen to more than one in a row!

for the Valentines one can we look for more interesting love songs not all them big slushy ballady ones cos they kill me having to listen to more than one in a row!
Sure! As far as I'm concerned, people can nominate whatever they feel qualifies. It makes it more interesting, and fun. Love songs can be anything that has to do with love. Even emotions we have because of love. Have you ever hated yourself for loving someone? Joan Jet. This idea would make it a lot more interesting. It's a great idea, Christine.

I've sort of updated the list. Guessing the date of Chyp's. As well as not knowing a for sure on MoJo's thread, or a General Tournament just yet.