Leonard Cohen Dead

Tools    

It is with profound sorrow we report that legendary poet, songwriter and artist, Leonard Cohen has passed away.

We have lost one of music’s most revered and prolific visionaries.

A memorial will take place in Los Angeles at a later date. The family requests privacy during their time of grief.

---

From his official Facebook. Shocking news

Damn, damn shame.

R.I.P. Leonard - you'll never be forgotten.

The People's Republic of Clogher
My first memory of Cohen's work was when I heard REM doing a cover of First We Take Manhattan in the early 90s and I immediately went out and bought I'm Your Man. He was basically a cool Van Morrison who didn't look like your dad's weird mate.

Then I bought Death of a Ladies Man and thought it was one of the best things I'd heard...

Then he released The Future and I devoured it. It's maybe not considered one of his classics nowadays but it came along at the right time for me and it'll always have a special place in my cold old heart.

...I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though
It all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah...

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I've got to admit to not being all that familiar with his music, however him singing "Everybody Knows" in King of Kong is one of my favourite uses of a song in all of film. Love that song and always meant to look into more of his work off the back of that

RIP

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
...I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though
It all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah...

R.I.P.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
My first memory of Cohen's work was when I heard REM doing a cover of First We Take Manhattan in the early 90s and I immediately went out and bought I'm Your Man. He was basically a cool Van Morrison who didn't look like your dad's weird mate.
That was my favorite song of his, probably because it was the first one I remember my mom playing.

This poster came out of a Gus's Fried Chicken I was in that week when Doc Rivers showed up to get a couple bags of food.