Strongest Recent Best Picture Winner

Tools    

Which of these Best Picture Winners was the best?
7.50%
3 votes
Million Dollar Baby
0%
0 votes
Crash
15.00%
6 votes
The Departed
32.50%
13 votes
No Country For Old Men
0%
0 votes
Slumdog Millionaire
5.00%
2 votes
The Hurt Locker
5.00%
2 votes
The King's Speech
2.50%
1 votes
The Artist
5.00%
2 votes
Argo
5.00%
2 votes
12 Years a Slave
22.50%
9 votes
Birdman
0%
0 votes
Spotlight
40 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Welcome to the human race...
It's not the same, the OP in the other thread ranked the movies and so did others. This one is a poll about our one favorite movie out of the list.
This is true. They still feel very similar, though (plus a post-2000 cut-off date makes slightly more sense).

Haven't seen most of em but I like 12 yrs a slave alot. The Hurt Locker sucked and so did spotlight. Fell asleep in the first 10 minutes. Also NCFOM sucked really bad.
Well, if your signature is any indication, then your saying a movie sucks is practically a compliment.

Come on guys, The Kings Speech is better than that overrated No Country Old Men mess. The Kings Speech was brilliantly acted, a true story that enthralled you without the use of a gun, and had a real ending.

Come on guys, The Kings Speech is better than that overrated No Country Old Men mess. The Kings Speech was brilliantly acted, a true story that enthralled you without the use of a gun, and had a real ending.
I'd agree The Kings Speech was a 5/5 film, but films with gangsters/guns always score high with most people.

Of the ones I've seen:

Million Dollar Baby
The Departed
No Country for Old Men
Slumdog Millionaire
Argo
Birdman
Spotlight

I would say it's between Birdman and Spotlight. I think I'm slightly inclined to pick Birdman because I think overall the acting was stronger and there were a lot of very long shots. Spotlight also has great camera work and was extremely realistic bordering on hyper realism except for it's plot structure. I can't say that any of the other movies on the list I've seen came close in terms of technical excellence and meaningful content.

See, when you stick that grinning smiley onto the end of your post, it makes me think that you're joking.

Another thing: There is no excuse for The King's Speech beating The Social Network!
Social Network was good, but Best Picture? Best Actor nom for Jesse Eisenberg?! Cmon...

I voted Argo. A nice movie that I enjoyed watching and would watch again.

If you read the book which inspired the movie, his Mark Zuckerburg impression was pretty spot-on actually
Dude, half the forum could do an impression of Mark Zuckerberg spot-on. I watch Jim Parsons do a more difficult version of borderline-aspergers on Big Bang Theory. Watch Batman vs Superman and youll realize his true range as an actor.

My favorite is The Departed, but objectively probably No Country For Old Men.
That's pretty much how I feel.

I haven't seen The Artist or The King's Speech. I like all of the others.

WARNING: "The Departed" spoilers below
Just watched The Departed, it was horrible. The ending was horrible why did he make it so everyone shot each other and died?

Just watched The Departed, it was horrible. The ending was horrible why did he make it so
WARNING: "The Departed" spoilers below
everyone shot each other and died?
Because that wouldn't have been clichéd.

If I had a steak, I would f**k it!
Just watched The Departed, it was horrible. The ending was horrible why did he make it so everyone shot each other and died?
All of your comments+"The Godfather Sucks"=me not being sure if you're MoFo's biggest troll, or just have really sh*tty taste in movies.

If I had a steak, I would f**k it!
Dude, half the forum could do an impression of Mark Zuckerberg spot-on. I watch Jim Parsons do a more difficult version of borderline-aspergers on Big Bang Theory. Watch Batman vs Superman and youll realize his true range as an actor.
His best performance was The Double, hands down.

All of your comments+"The Godfather Sucks"=me not being sure if you're MoFo's biggest troll, or just have really sh*tty taste in movies.
It can be two things.

His best performance was The Double, hands down.
Not seen The Double yet, loved Ayoade's Submarine so i should see it soon. My favourite Eisenberg performance is either the social network or Night Moves.