Best Picture Foul-ups

Tools    

If I had a steak, I would f**k it!
What are some movies that you think should have lost to a more deserving movie for Best Picture? (Just opinions)

Winner (What Should Have Won)
How Green was My Valley (Citizen Kane, obviously)
Around the World in 80 Days (The Ten Commandments)
Bridge on the River Kwai (great movie, but 12 Angry Men)
My Fair Lady (Dr. Strangelove)
French Connection (A Clockwork Orange)
Rocky (Taxi Driver or Network)
Ordinary People (Raging Bull)
Gandhi (E.T.)
Driving Miss Daisy (Dead Poets Society, Field of Dreams)
Dances With Wolves (Goodfellas)
Forrest Gump (Pulp Fiction or Shawshank Redemption)
English Patient (Fargo)
Titanic (Good Will Hunting)
Shakespeare in Love (Saving Private Ryan)
American Beauty (The Green Mile)
Million Dollar Baby (The Aviator)
Crash (anything else)
No Country For Old Men (like this one, but There Will Be Blood)
The King's Speech (great movie, but pretty much anything else nominated)
The Artist (Hugo)
Argo (Django Unchained or Silver Linings Playbook)
12 Years a Slave (Dallas Buyers Club, The Wolf of Wall Street, or Her)
Birdman (like this one, but perhaps Grand Budapest Hotel or Whiplash?)

What are some movies that you think should have lost to a more deserving movie for Best Picture? (Just opinions)

Winner (What Should Have Won)
French Connection (A Clockwork Orange)
Rocky (Taxi Driver or Network)
Ordinary People (Raging Bull)
Gandhi (E.T.)
Driving Miss Daisy (Dead Poets Society, Field of Dreams)
Dances With Wolves (Goodfellas)
Forrest Gump (Pulp Fiction or Shawshank Redemption)
Titanic (Good Will Hunting)
Shakespeare in Love (Saving Private Ryan)
American Beauty (The Green Mile)
Argo (Django Unchained or Silver Linings Playbook)
12 Years a Slave (Dallas Buyers Club, The Wolf of Wall Street, or Her)
Birdman (Whiplash)
All agree with them !

Not saying any of these are better movies necessarily, just what i prefer. Only going by the nominated films too.

1950 - Liked All About Eve alot but i prefer Sunset Boulevard
1961 - Not a fan of West Side Story, i would have picked Judgement At Nuremberg. Prefer The Hustler too even though i'm not a fan of that either.
1967 - I like In the Heat of the Night but i love The Graduate. Seen four of the five from this year and i would have Heat second though.
1968 - I wish i had seen any of the other nominees since i hate Oliver!
1971 - I like The French Connection and The Last Picture Show quite a bit but A Clockwork Orange is one of my favourite films.
1973 - The Sting is alright but again The Exorcist is one of my favourite films
1976 - Taxi Driver is my favourite film so i'd obvioiusly pick that prefer both Network and All the Presidents Men to Rocky too.
1979 - Kramer vs Kramer is very good but no it isn't better than Apocalypse Now.
1980 - The Elephant Man would be my pick here also prefer Raging Bull
1990 - Goodfellas obviously even though i like Dances With Wolves, i also like GF Part 3.
1991 - JFK over Lambs
1994 - Pulp Fiction then Quiz Show. Not sure what i prefer out of Gump and Shawshank.
1995 - Not a fan of Braveheart, love Sense and Sensibility
1997 - All four of them over Titanic, with L.A Confidential or Good Will Hunting as my pick.
2001 - Fellowship as my pick with Gosford Park as a close runner up.
2002 - Two Towers as my pick, not really a fan of Gangs of New York but i like it more than Chicago.
2003 - Love Return of the King my favourite LOTR film but Lost in Translation is one of my favourites of the century so far. I also like Mystic River but that would come in third.
2004 - The Aviator, Sideways as runner up
2007 - TWBB is my favourite of the century so far so obviously that.
2008 - Hate Slumdog, the only other one i've seen Benjamin Button would be my pick.
2010 - The Kings Speech surprised me i ended up liking it quite a bit, thought i was going to hate it. I would have The Social Network, True Grit, Toy Story 3 and Winters Bone above it in that order though.

If I had a steak, I would f**k it!
Not saying any of these are better movies necessarily, just what i prefer. Only going by the nominated films too.

1950 - Liked All About Eve alot but i prefer Sunset Boulevard
1961 - Not a fan of West Side Story, i would have picked Judgement At Nuremberg. Prefer The Hustler too even though i'm not a fan of that either.
1967 - I like In the Heat of the Night but i love The Graduate. Seen four of the five from this year and i would have Heat second though.
1968 - I wish i had seen any of the other nominees since i hate Oliver!
1971 - I like The French Connection and The Last Picture Show quite a bit but A Clockwork Orange is one of my favourite films.
1973 - The Sting is alright but again The Exorcist is one of my favourite films
1976 - Taxi Driver is my favourite film so i'd obvioiusly pick that prefer both Network and All the Presidents Men to Rocky too.
1979 - Kramer vs Kramer is very good but no it isn't better than Apocalypse Now.
1980 - The Elephant Man would be my pick here also prefer Raging Bull
1990 - Goodfellas obviously even though i like Dances With Wolves, i also like GF Part 3.
1991 - JFK over Lambs
1994 - Pulp Fiction then Quiz Show. Not sure what i prefer out of Gump and Shawshank.
1995 - Not a fan of Braveheart, love Sense and Sensibility
1997 - All four of them over Titanic, with L.A Confidential or Good Will Hunting as my pick.
2001 - Fellowship as my pick with Gosford Park as a close runner up.
2002 - Two Towers as my pick, not really a fan of Gangs of New York but i like it more than Chicago.
2003 - Love Return of the King my favourite LOTR film but Lost in Translation is one of my favourites of the century so far. I also like Mystic River but that would come in third.
2004 - The Aviator, Sideways as runner up
2007 - TWBB is my favourite of the century so far so obviously that.
2008 - Hate Slumdog, the only other one i've seen Benjamin Button would be my pick.
2010 - The Kings Speech surprised me i ended up liking it quite a bit, thought i was going to hate it. I would have The Social Network, True Grit, Toy Story 3 and Winters Bone above it in that order though.
I love Slumdog...

But, dude, I've only recently discovered PT Anderson, and I am impressed so far...