My Film - The Job Hunt (In Development)

Tools    

Sounds like a good premise. Hope I don't miss it when you finish it? Any idea when you will?
Thanks I'm in University now, I'll finish in about April but then I'll have exams in June I think, so probably after that during the summer. Hopefully get it all wrapped up by the end of the summer.

Daniel M, one of the Art House Mafia's most trusted lieutenants, is making a film?

I'm gonna hate it aren't I?

But seriously that's very cool Danny. Like most film fans at some point I'm sure I've always loved the idea of writing and making films but never found the motivation to actually do it. Will be very interested to hear your progress reports and assuming all goes well to see the finished product

Good luck.
If you actually read the post you will see it is not an artistic film at all and as actually a documentary-style comedy, hopefully the low budget British feel will appeal to you and you'll find it funny, but maybe I'm asking too much.

Maybe I should add some explosions at the end, as Callum's on his way to an interview we discover the car is rigged with a bomb, but along comes a superhero to save the day! I joke, I joke... but in all seriousness, thanks for the support and I hope you do eventually like it and maybe you can do a review of it!

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I hope you do eventually like it and maybe you can do a review of it!
Hell I can just get started on that right now -

"Daniel M, once hailed as one of Britain's brightest filmmaking prospects, comes undone with this dreary, coma-inducing piece of cinematic diarrhea."

Off to work on the rest.

How are you going to plan the film's background music? Will you have someone compose an orchestra score or use preexisting music or another option?
I've been hired to stand behind the camera and beatbox.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Sounds like a great idea. I love documentaries in general, but I really like ones that showcase the more common areas of life everyone can relate to.

Good for you for undertaking such an ambitious project!

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Sounds like fun Daniel! Good luck with this.

I actually have directed two films in my life as well. There were approximately 40 minutes long a piece. A little cheesy but not bad for me being 17. I still have them on DVD too.

I actually have directed two films in my life as well. There were approximately 40 minutes long a piece. A little cheesy but not bad for me being 17. I still have them on DVD too.
Share!

what made you stop

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Cash Rollers and Cash Rollers 2.

I'd probably classify it as a comedy about a robbery where a group of friends attempt to retrieve the cash back from the robber, with no law enforcement help. It won best picture in my media class and was cheesy but it was fun to produce.

Shooting a short promotional video where me and my brother talk about the film on Monday, maybe with some teaser footage. Then I'll put it online and hopefully raise a bit of money from friends and that to help out (as I mentioned in the first post). Some good news though: I've got someone on board, a friend of mine who has a camera and editing software who will help shoot and edit the film

If any of you are on Facebook then feel free to give this a like: https://www.facebook.com/TheJobHuntFilm

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Hope you get some Mofos to donate. I did an indiegogo campaign for a short film I wanted to shoot and got one donation from a lovely member on these boards.

Suffice to say I didn't raise enough money.

I'm pulling for you though.

Master of My Domain

Shooting a short promotional video where me and my brother talk about the film on Monday, maybe with some teaser footage. Then I'll put it online and hopefully raise a bit of money from friends and that to help out (as I mentioned in the first post). Some good news though: I've got someone on board, a friend of mine who has a camera and editing software who will help shoot and edit the film

If any of you are on Facebook then feel free to give this a like: https://www.facebook.com/TheJobHuntFilm
Oh, so that's why your name is Daniel M. Derp.

Err... and good luck with your project.

Got an introduction/promo video shot and partly edited (not quite ready yet), and potentially good news in terms of shooting locations from my friend. Gonna shoot a little bit more and put something together to introduce the project. But now with a kind of 'team' assembled, and stuff shot that I think looks great, I'm really excited.

A little screenshot of what we shot so far, and you can all see what I look like early