Movies That Make Men Cry

Tools    

Schindler's List and Dear Zachary. Those are the only ones that really come to mind.
Dear Zachary killed me, nothing else really comes close. The only other one mentioned in this thread that made me cry was The Champ. Also the cliche "movie to make you cry", Terms of Endearment made me well up.

I don't cry easily, because I'm not really an emotionally extrovert person usually (which can be strangely frustrating sometimes), but like practically every human being, there are also a few films that (very nearly) made me shed a tear over the years.

Here are a few of them:

Les Parapluies de Cherbourg (1964)
One of the most heartbreaking endings of all time. The music. The emotions. The brilliance.

Casablanca (1942)
"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."

Schindler's List (1993)
" I could have gotten more out. I could have gotten more. I don't know. If I'd just... I could have gotten more."

An Officer and a Gentleman (1982)
I was having an emotional night and somehow the ending truly got to me. Love lifts us up where we belong!

Grave of the Fireflies (1988)
Piercingly sad and beautiful...

It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
Tears of joy at the end.

Once Upon a Time in America (1984)
The Smile.

Gravity (2013)
I watched this in the theater and because of the visual mastery, I felt very involved in the story of Bullock's character. The scene right before Clooney unexpectedly shows up in a vision nearly got me in tears.

Toy Story 3 (2010)

*Still crying*

-------------------------------------------------------

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
Come on! Haha it's the final scene of Terminator 2 where arnie lowers himself into the Smelter.

Their assumption was that Jerry was already dead when I arrived, and I just nodded my head. What else could I tell them? "He had to do it, Officer, or else he would’ve turned into a worm-monster and been very unhappy."

Casablanca when they sing La Marseillaise and also the ending where Louis says to 'round up the usual suspects'.

The Godfather when Michael goes to protect his father at the hospital and is helped doing so.

Boyz n the Hood.

Nashville "Im Easy" and ending.

Before Sunrise music booth.

The Elephant Man.

Mainly moments with music or where I am proud of a character. There would probably be more for TV shows.

This thread keeps reappearing in various reincarnations every few months but I will go ahead and answer again. These are some movie moments that always make me cry (there may be some spoilers herein):

In Titanic, when Rose jumps off the lifeboat and gets back on the boat, rushes to Jack's arms, and while he's smothering her in kisses, keeps saying over and over, "You're so stupid, Rose, you're so stupid!"

The final scene of The Purple Rose of Cairo rips my guts out.

Jennifer Hudson's performance of "And I Am Telling you I'm not going" in Dreamgirls

When Judy Garland tries to explain to Charles Bickford how badly James Mason needs to work in the 1954 version of A Star if Born

When Dustin Hoffman explains to Justin Kramer why his mother left and the scene where he explains to Billy that he has lost custody of him in Kramer VS Kramer

Tom Hanks breaking down onstage during a standup reunion when he realizes his father is in the audience in Punchline

Sally Field's raging against God in the cemetery in Steel Magnolias

The last ten minutes of West Side Story

When Sean Penn realizes his daughter has been murdered in Mystic River

When the refrigerator starts talking to Ellen Burstyn in Requiem for a Dream

The final scene of Fearless

Casablanca when they sing La Marseillaise and also the ending where Louis says to 'round up the usual suspects'.

The Godfather when Michael goes to protect his father at the hospital and is helped doing so.

Boyz n the Hood.

Nashville "Im Easy" and ending.

Before Sunrise music booth.

The Elephant Man.

Mainly moments with music or where I am proud of a character. There would probably be more for TV shows.
The scene in The Godfather that always gets to me is the "we'll get there pop" part right before Vito's death. From the first Michael scene, it seems like he's the only Corleone who has a chance outside of crime ; then when the dying Vito explains that he never wanted that for Mike; he wanted him to be aSenator or the president; followed by the "we'll get there pop" line always makes me well up.

I believe that's Terminator 2.
Now that I think about it, Terminator 3 made that scene even sadder, because it was revealed that Judgment Day would happen no matter what (meaning destroying the Terminator to prevent his technology from being discovered wouldn't make a difference).

So T-800 died completely needlessly.

I didn't necessarily cry. Just some parts got to me a little bit. Like when James Caan gets killed on his way to avenge his sister. Or when Marlon Brando dies playing with his grandson. Or how easily Al Pacino was taken in by the crime life when he had earlier said he never would.

The second one actually did make me cry, though, because of how much his life falls apart, and you know he brought it on himself.
The film definitely had a somber tone, there were never any parts which seemed downright tragic for me though. But that's interesting to know, thanks.

Anyway ones I can think of off the top of my head:

A few of the Rocky films
Drive did - not totally sure why, it just did (I also originally had the idea that Driver died in the end)
Million Dollar Baby
Gran Torino
Terminator 2
Godfather Part 3
I think The Town almost did
Rambo
Probably others I can't remember

I am the Watcher in the Night
Honestly, no movie has ever made me cry (don't call me soulless lol) but there are a few movies or moments that got me a chocked up:

When the girl gets shot in Pan's Labyrinth

The ending monologue of The Dark Knight

When Michael has to kill his brother in Godfather Part II

A couple others, maybe the lovely ending to Toy Story 3. But nothing has ever made tears roll from my eyes, I'm still searching, any suggestions?

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

American History X.
Trainspotting(When the baby dies, that was so drastic, cuz first half hour of this movie i laugh my ass of.)
Bad Boy Bubby(When they kill second cat.)

The film definitely had a somber tone, there were never any parts which seemed downright tragic for me though. But that's interesting to know, thanks.

Anyway ones I can think of off the top of my head:

A few of the Rocky films
Drive did - not totally sure why, it just did (I also originally had the idea that Driver died in the end)
Million Dollar Baby
Gran Torino
Terminator 2
Godfather Part 3
I think The Town almost did
Rambo
Probably others I can't remember
Why does Rambo make you cry?

Not currently on fire...
Dam Busters - pretty much every moment of the raid scenes, particularly since I have stood at the grave sites of almost every member of the team.

When did you cry during the count of monte cristo ?
I try to feel as much as possible during movies. I want to understand what makes them tick. Granted I've probably lost my "man card" at this point anyway if there is such a thing