The MoFo Movie Club Discussion: Little Big Man

Tools    

I really enjoy this movie-- I've seen it many times.
One of several highlights for me is the scene with Custer and Jack:
"Your life is not worth the reversal of a Custer decision."
For many characters, this might just be a clever insult, but this succinctly captures the essence of the Custer character's hubris, and his literal disregard for the life of human beings--ultimately, what leads him into Little Big Horn.

I often think of this line at work when management seems intent on following a course of action because they're more concerned about not "flip-flopping" than the impact to staff or business.

(and I'm only talking about the Custer character- not going to wade into that historical debate in my first post!)

I really enjoy this movie-- I've seen it many times.
One of several highlights for me is the scene with Custer and Jack:
"Your life is not worth the reversal of a Custer decision."
For many characters, this might just be a clever insult, but this succinctly captures the essence of the Custer character's hubris, and his literal disregard for the life of human beings--ultimately, what leads him into Little Big Horn.

I often think of this line at work when management seems intent on following a course of action because they're more concerned about not "flip-flopping" than the impact to staff or business.

(and I'm only talking about the Custer character- not going to wade into that historical debate in my first post!)
Yeah, I've seen references to the permanence of a "Custer decision" in other books, including historical studies.