Starring

Peter Sellers, George C. Scott, Sterling Hayden, Keenan Wynn

670 points, 37 lists
The Big Lebowski
Director

Joel Coen, 1998

Starring

Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, Julianne Moore, Steve Buscemi

Have seen so far: 52 - The Big Lebowski - Good actors in the movie but the film itself was just unfunny and boring for me. I don't if it's it's #1 though, about damn time one of Kubrick's films don't hog the #1 spot.

Have not seen so far: 47

I have not seen Dr. Strangelove

The end results of the predictions list
https://1drv.ms/x/s!As-9IsHrS2xGqzZp...h8U2R?e=xYTnmg

41 Right
59 Wrong

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

My Ballot List
1. American Pie (1999)
2. Zombieland (2009)
3. Dead Pool (2016)
4. Beverly Hills Cop (1984)
5. Wedding Crashers (2005)
6. Ted (2012)
7. Billy Madison (1995)
8. The Hangover (2009)
9. Fast Times At Ridgemont High (1982)
10. Dumb and Dumber (1994)
11. Step Brothers (2008)
12. Tropic Thunder (2008)
13. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) - Added this for a random reason, since it's got some comic relief in it
14. Super Bad (2007)
15. Shaun of the Dead (2004)
16. The Other Guys (2010)
17. Mean Girls (2004)
18. This is the End (2013)
19. The Waterboy (1998)
20. The Cable Guy (1996)
21. Happy Gilmore (1996)
22. 21 Jump Street (2012)
23. The Truman Show (1998)
24. Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994)
25. Hot Fuzz (2007)

Dr. Strangelove would have certainly had a shot at making my ballot, The Big Lebowski was far more enjoyable than I anticipated but probably wouldn't quite have been ballot-worthy for me.

Thanks to Diehl40 for running the show, CR for providing a little artwork and Yods for doing all the behind-the-scenes graft (and of course making it all possible in the first place).

Well, like, that's your opinion, man. I had The Big Lebowski as my #1 comedy, and it took only two seconds of thought to know from the very beginning that it would be my top film. I didn't even like it much the first time I saw it when it first came out on video. I bought it and only ever watched it the one time. But I suspected I might like it better on a second viewing and several years later I did watch it again, and now countless more viewings later, I have a very deep love for this film, beginning with the basic premise: what if a total stoner wrote their own version of The Big Sleep. Like any good hardboiled detective story it has a rather intricate, if not a little insane, plot, which eventually just dissolves away, leaving everything completely unresolved. The Dude still doesn't have his carpet and nothing comes of the "kidnapping plot," except poor Donny doesn't make it and Maude is pregnant. There's so much bizarre subtext though, which you can read into as deeply or as strangely as you want, that it's spawned whole books and websites dedicated to discussing this movie and its "philosophy." I kinda refrain from calling this my favorite Coen brothers' movie, preferring to cite Miller's Crossing, but really, it is the one I've seen the most number of times, including one of my best movie theater experiences several years ago.

Dr. Strangelove is great too.

My List:
1. The Big Lebowski (#1)
2. Life of Brian (#20)
3. The Jerk (#24)
4. Playtime (#48)
5. Young Frankenstein (#4)
6. A Hard Day's Night (#103)
7. City Lights (#11)
8. Being John Malkovich (#44)
9. Manhattan (DNP)
10. Do the Right Thing (DNP)
11. Midnight in Paris (#114)
12. The Apartment (#29)
13. Modern Times (#39)
14. Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (#2)
15. Airplane! (#3)
16. Bringing Up Baby (#22)
17. The Grand Budapest Hotel (DNP)
18. They All Laughed (DNP)
19. The Thin Man (DNP)
20. This Is Spinal Tap (#13)
21. One, Two, Three (#85)
22. Beetlejuice (#78)
23. Kind Hearts and Coronets (DNP)
24. Sullivan's Travels (#100)
25. The Long Goodbye (DNP)

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb is an all-time classic with some personal touches put in by co-writer Terry Southern that I discussed in the Best Films of the 60s Countdown. Forever funny and really still topical with the nuclear threats going on in several countries around the world. I get a kick out of every stinking character in the movie and anything I could add I've already talked about or has been covered on this forum but I'll always have a soft place in my movie heart for it.

The Big Lebowski Surprised that it made it all the way to the top but not displeased at all. So very funny and worth watching over and over. I'm glad I caught this in the cinema. The visuals alone demand a big-screen viewing, especially The Dude dreaming about floating down the bowling lane and being chased by a giant bowling ball. I did get tired of movie forums and sites using the "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man," line over and over and over (no offense intended @Kaplan ). It's funny but there's so many better lines, like "This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man," or "Hey, this is a private residence, man!" Just dry lines like that coming out of Jeff Bridges mouth crack me up every time I hear them. My favorite scenes, although brief, involve "The Stranger" (Sam Elliott), particularly this one and his discussion with The Dude about his cussing:

My list:
#1.Airplane!
#2.Arthur-#111
#3.Young Frankenstein
#4.The In-Laws
#5.Blazing Saddles
#6.Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
#7:A Christmas Story DNP
#8.Stripes
#9.The Blues Brothers
#10.Monty Python and the Holy Grail
#11.Arsenic and Old Lace
#12.Tootsie-#108
#13.Raising Arizona
#14.Animal House
#15.Slap Shot DNP
#16.The Great Race DNP
#17.The 'Burbs DNP
#18.Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
#20.The Big Lebowski
#21.A Night at the Opera DNP
#22.Caddyshack
#24.City Slickers DNP
#25.The Pink Panther Strikes Again DNP

I'll discuss my DNP picks later, after everybody gets a chance to comment on the Top Two arrivals.

The Big Lebowski was #6 on the MoFo Top 100 of the 1990s, #8 on the original MoFo Top 100, and #18 on the refresh of that list.

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb was #4 on the MoFo Top 100 of the 1960s, #27 on the original MoFo Top 100, and #12 on the reboot of that list. It was also #39 on the AFI’s 100 Years, 100 Movies and #3 on the AFI’s 100 Years, 100 Laughs. It was nominated for four Academy Awards, with no wins. It was up for Best Picture, Kubrick as Best Director, and Peter Sellers for Best Actor and all three Oscars went to My Fair Lady. It was also up for Best Adapted Screenplay, which went to Becket.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The Dude abides.

Very happy to see the two final films being switched around from what everyone seemed to think. And understandably so. Kubrick seems to claim every countdown he's ever a part of.

But I'm glad it was The Big Lebowski who took the trophy this time around.

I had it at #2 but it could easily have been number one for me. It's such a fun, loose, all around amusing film with the usual Coen-ism all over it. And as you know and see... I am a big fan of those guys.

As for Dr Strangelove, I have only seen it once I think. I'm a big Kubrick fan. He could be argued to be the greatest filmmaker of all time. He has made several 5/5 films in my opinion and his talent is unparalleled. But Dr Strangelove didn't quite do it for me that first time around. War movies are a bit hit or miss for me. And especially war satire is even more hit or miss. So i don't know... I should probably see it again.

Anyway, here’s my notoriously awful comedy ballot, just to get it out of the way:

1. Hot Fuzz (2007)
2. The Big Lebowski (1998)
3. Bo Burnham: Inside (2021)
4. Crazy, Stupid, Love. (2011)
5. The Party (1968)
6. Intouchables (2011)
7. Superbad (2007)
8. The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
9. Adam's Apples (2005)
10. Snatch (2000)
11. Shaun the Sheep Movie (2015)
12. Klown (2010)
13. The Gold Rush (1925)
14. Big Trouble in Little China (1986)
15. White Chicks (2004)
16. Pineapple Express (2008)
17. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005)
18. Sherlock, Jr. (1924)
19. Rush Hour (1998)
20. Bad Boys II (2003)
21. Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan (2006)
22. 21 Jump Street (2012)
23. In Bruges (2008)
24. Jackass Number Two (2006)
25. The Fate of the Furious (2017)

Airplane was my 4. Sure, you could look at it as a film whose jokes get thrown out in rapid fire fashion. But unlike most modern spoof films that seem to hang the film around the jokes, Airplane insists on using the jokes to hang around the plot. Take the jokes out and Airplane would still work as a disaster movie. Although not all the jokes hit, enough of them do and the result is a hilarious film.

This should be the last film on my list. Of the top two, one was an honorable mention while the other one missed out on that designation.

My List:
1. His Girl Friday
2. Duck Soup
3. Bringing Up Baby
4. Airplane!
5. Monty Python and Holy Grail
6. Young Frankenstein
7. Hot Fuzz
8. Blazing Saddles
9. Clue
10. Shaun of the Dead
11. Anchorman
12. Office Space
13. The Naked Gun
14. Caddyshack
15. Arsenic and Old Lace
16. A Fish Called Wanda
19. This is Spinal Tap
20. The Jerk
21. Some Like It Hot
22. National Lampoon's Animal House
23. What We Do in the Shadows
24. It Happened One Night

HM: Trading Places, Happy Gilmore, Clueless, Mean Girls

Dr. Strangelove is fantastic and although it didn't make my list, it is worthy of its high ranking on the countdown. I find The Big Lebowski to be overrated and not very funny. I knew it would make the list, but number 1? There are so many other better, more deserving comedies. Oh well.

Here's my ballot:

1. Nashville (1975)
2. Safety Last! (1923)
3. Singin' in the Rain (1952)
4. City Lights (1931)
5. Birdman (2014)
6. The Freshman (1925)
7. Annie Hall (1977)
8. My Dinner with Andre (1981)
9. Rushmore (1998)
10. Isle of Dogs (2018)
11. Frozen (2013)
12. The Awful Truth (1937)
13. Inside Out (2015)
14. Sullivan's Travels (1941)
15. Lady Bird (2017)
16. The Player (1992)
17. It's Such a Beautiful Day (2012)
18. The Fisher King (1991)
19. The Darjeeling Limited (2007)
20. Into the Woods (2014)
21. Sons of the Desert (1933)
22. The Purple Rose of Cairo (1985)
23. Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)
24. My Neighbor Totoro (1988)
25. Short Cuts (1993)

Lebowski is a good flick, even if I only have it fifth on the Coen Brothers' mighty filmography (Miller's Crossing is my tops followed by No Country for Old Men, Barton Fink, and A Serious Man) and I chose Raising Arizona (#23) for my representation of the funniest of Joel & Ethan on my ballot.

Unsurprisingly Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb was my numero uno. I don't "just" regard it as the greatest comedy ever made but one of the very best films, period, and the peerless Kubrick's best among best. Just a couple years away from its sixtieth anniversary and it is still a funny, weird, caustic, brilliant response to war in general and nuclear annihilation in particular. So many moments of perfection, but my favorite may be President Muffley's phone call with the Soviet Premier which is the best Bob Newhart routine he never wrote. "Of course I like to say hello to you...!"

Holden’s Ballot
1. Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (#2)
2. Young Frankenstein (#4)
3. After Hours (#29)
4. His Girl Friday (#26)
5. Monty Python’s Life of Brian (#20)
6. Singin’ in the Rain (#50)
7. Rushmore (#54)
8. Duck Soup (#8)
9. Bringing Up Baby (#22)
10. The Graduate (#27)
11. Harvey (DNP)
12. Raising Arizona (#23)
13. The Palm Beach Story (DNP)
14. Ghostbusters (#6)
15. One Two Three (#86)
16. The Blues Brothers (#21)
17. Defending Your Life (DNP)
18. Fletch (DNP)
19. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (DNP)
20. Joe versus the Volcano (DNP)
21. Airplane! (#3)
22. This is Spın̈al Tap (#13)
23. L.A. Story (DNP)
24. OSS-117: Cairo, Nest of Spies (DNP)
25. Let It Ride (DNP)

Most of my final cuts from my ballot came up during the countdown, but they were (in no order) When Harry Met Sally…, Amélie, Shaun of the Dead, The Princess Bride, Step Brothers, Quick Change, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Midnight Run, Grosse Pointe Blank, Arthur, Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid, The Nice Guys, The General, The Great Dictator, and Two for the Road. The General was literally the last title I cut, and had I known it was in any doubt of making the list I would have included it and moved it up my ballot. Oh, well.

Two or three really big surprises for me on this list and Lebowski beating Strangelove is up there. I liked Strangelove, actually think I enjoy Scott in it more than Sellers. I definitely need to see it again. I like Kubrick movies quite a bit but I always feel like I seem down on him because I don't have the ravenous love for his stuff that most film fans seem to.

The Coens on the other hand are completely my jam nearly every time out. Lebowski is their funniest movie in a filmography that is overflowing with laughs. My favorite Bridges performance and I get a kick out of him, my biggest laughs come from Goodman as Walter though. Nonstop gut punches when he is on screen for me. A worthy winner and my #4.

I have watched 100/100

1) The Jerk
2) Rushmore
3) Annie Hall
4) Big Lebowski
5) Playtime
6) The Squid And The Whale
7) Get Shorty
8) Office Space
9) The Naked Gun
10) City Lights
11) High Hopes
12) Best In Show
13) Harold And Maude
14) A Christmas Story
15) Airplane
16) The Great Dictator
17) Dumb And Dumber
18) The Informant
19) Clueless
20) 40 Year Old Virgin
21) Tommy Boy
22) Happy Gilmore
23) Anchorman
24) One Week
25) The Grass Is Greener

Thank You Diehl! These lists are always a good time for me. See you in the 2010's Mofo

Lebowski would probably make my top 5 background films and I love it's whole vibe. I don't find it that funny, more amusing.

Strangelove definitely has it's moments but overall I'm not a fan.

1. Animal House (1978)

2. Beerfest (2006)

3. Trading Places (1983)

4. Caddyshack (1980)

5. Stripes (1981)

6. The Hangover (2009)

7. Bachelor Party (1984)

8. Vacation (1983)

9. Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)

10. Revenge of the Nerds (1984)

11. Risky Business (1983)

12. Old School (2003)

13. Happiness (1998)

14. Young Frankenstein (1974)

15. Beverly Hills Cop (1984)

16. Sideways (2004)

17. The Longest Yard (1974)

18. The Last American Virgin (1982)

19. Hot Tub Time Machine (2010)

20. Smokey and the Bandit (1977)

21. Slap Shot (1977)

22. Wedding Crashers (2005)

23. Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (2008)

24. The Blues Brothers (1980)

25. Every Which Way but Loose (1978)

Movies I considered voting for-

The Adventures of Ford Fairline
As Good as it Gets
Back to School
Bad Santa
Borat
Blazing Saddles
The Cannonball Run
Dumb and Dumber
A Fish Called Wanda
The Flamingo Kid
Foul Play
Heaven Help Us
In Bruges
Little Darlings
Love at First Bite
Loverboy
Major League
Married to the Mob
Observe and Report
Shampoo
Skin Deep
Stir Crazy
Stakeout
The Sure Thing
There's Something About Mary
Tootsie
Very Bad Things
Weird Science
The Witches of Eastwick
The Wolf of Wall Street

Thank you very much Diehl and Yoda for all your hard work!

PHOENIX74
I forgot the opening line.
Dr. Strangelove was my #15 and along with Kubrick's Lolita advanced me along after enjoying audio tapes of The Goon Show - to allow a deeper appreciation of what Peter Sellers had done with his remarkable career. It was really his movie, and wiped another excellent film (Fail Safe) off the map. Nuclear war is a bizarre concept that demanded a bizarre film made about it to countermeasure the worrying thought that it could some day actually happen, and this one has everything from quotable lines to memorable characters - Sellers playing several of them. It's not my favourite Kubrick film, but it's probably top 3.

Our winner, The Big Lebowski was my #16 - and I did debate with myself over whether I could just consider it a comedy, or if it had too many noirish elements to do so - but I came to the inescapable conclusion that it is definitely a comedy, and if I were voting according to the overall quality of the films I was ranking this would have come out near the top. I was, however, ranking films on their comedic value - and even though Lebowski is an extraordinarily funny film, it's too many other things to have ranked any higher. That's a good thing though. It will go down as perhaps Jeff Bridges' greatest performance and role among many. Love the opening credits to this.

And that's that - Man, I had way more films on this list then I thought I was going to have when we got to #25 - I never would have guessed that I'd have 14 films in the top 25 on my list. It's a mixed blessing, because even though I feel great that my tastes correspond to so many other people here, it also means my taste is a lot more mainstream - and the cool kids still won't let me hang out with them when things like that happen. But - I voted for what I loved, and that was that :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Films I've seen : 81˝
Films that have been on my radar : 16˝
Films I've never even heard of : 2

Films from my list : 20

#1 - My #16 - The Big Lebowski - (1998)
#2 - My #15 - Dr. Strangelove - (1964)
#3 - My #3 - Airplane! (1980)
#4 - My #4 - Young Frankenstein (1974)
#5 - My #1 - Monty Python and the Holy Grail - (1975)
#7 - My #14 - Groundhog Day - (1993)
#10 - My #17 - Blazing Saddles - (1974)
#12 - My #19 - Hot Fuzz - (2007)
#13 - My #2 - This is Spinal Tap - (1984)
#14 - My #5 - Galaxy Quest - (1999)
#15 - My #6 - Shaun of the Dead - (2004)
#17 - My #24 - The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! - (1988)
#20 - My #12 - Life of Brian - (1979)
#24 - My #18 - The Jerk - (1979)
#30 - My #10 - What We Do in the Shadows - (2014)
#34 - My #9 - Back to the Future - (1985)
#62 - My #13 - The In-Laws - (1979)
#65 - My #21 - Black Dynamite - (2009)
#82 - My #8 - The Producers - (1967)
One pointer - Brewster McCloud (1970)

Films that didn't place :

My #7 - The Ladykillers - (1955)
My #11 - The Death of Stalin - (2017)
My #20 - Booksmart - (2019)
My #22 - World's Greatest Dad - (2009)
My #23 - Steamboat Bill, Jnr. - (1928)

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

I had Airplane! at #2. Were it not for my absolute love of Spinal Tap, it'd easily have been my #1 for this list, despite having higher placed 100 list films on my list. It's just non-stop and, much like Duck Soup, that's what I like and why so many comedies just don't work for me. There just aren't enough laughs in most comedies for me to make it worth watching just for the laughs.

The Big Lebowski was my #10. I've not seen it that many times but it's always funny and, more importantly gets funnier with each viewing. It also has a great vibe and performances which means when it's not cracking the jokes, I still want to watch it. I'm so pleased it's won as much for winning as for meaning Stranglove didn't. Sorry, Kubrick just doesn't work for me and Strangelove is as clever and dull as all his other work.

For those who were trying to guess, here's the 'correct' list of the top 25.

1. This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
2. Airplane! (1980)
3. Black Dynamite (2009)
4. Man Bites Dog (1992)
5. Trading Places (1983)
6. Clueless (1995)
7. Ghostbusters (1984)
8. For Y'ur Height Only (1981)
9. Bridget Jones's Diary (2001)
10. The Big Lebowski (1998)
11. Horse Feathers (1932)
12. 50 First Dates (2004)
13. Duck Soup (1933)
14. When Harry Met Sally... (1989)
15. Groundhog Day (1993)
16. Theatre of Blood (1973)
17. Death Race 2000 (1975)
18. Ed Wood (1994)
19. Heathers (1989)
20. Beavis and Butt-Head Do America (1996)
21. Brewster's Millions (1985)
22. Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989)
23. Wayne's World (1992)
24. The Cannonball Run (1981)
25. The Breakfast Club (1985)

Thanks to Diehl for running a great countdown.

Sedai
A system of cells interlinked
What a finish to a great countdown. I don't think anyone was surprised by the two films that placed in the top slots, but I for one was surprised to see the Coen picture take the gold. While the directors of these films all qualify as legendary in my book, whenever anyone asks me who I think the best of the best is, it's always Mr. Stanley Kubrick, even if he isn't perhaps my personal favorite of all time. Dr. Strangelove is great, chock full of fantastic performers giving fantastic performances, and most certainly deserves all the accolades it receives. This film made my ballot, I want to say in the Top 5, but, I am on my phone, and don't have access to my ballot document at the moment - I will updated exact position when I get to my desk later this morning, as I am doing some side projects at the office today.

The Big Lebowski was right up near the top of my ballot at #2, and probably should have been #1, but I wanted to pimp Back to the Future for this list, as I knew it wouldn't make a lot of ballots, while I was certain The Big Lebowski would do very well. Obviously, that extra point didn't matter.

A BIG THANK YOU to Diehl, Yoda, and whomever else helped with this countdown. It was a blast!

Young Frankenstein was my number 8. Madeline Kahn is the best and delivers one of the more memorable lines in a movie filled with memorable lines. "Oh. Where you going?... Oh, you men are all alike. Seven or eight quick ones and then you're out with the boys...

That along with Igor's spot on impression of Groucho Marx and the "Get me the hell outta here!!" always bring a tear to my eye. It's Mel Brooks without all the caffeine and it all works so well.

My number four, Ghostbusters, also made the list at #6. I don't think this has the big, hilarious scene that I'm a fan of (the slimer battler comes close) but the small little jabs are so good and come so fast that I had to include this and place it pretty high. This is also my favorite Aykroyd performance.

Ray: You know, it just occurred to me that we really haven't had a successful test of this equipment.
Egon: I blame myself.
Venkman: So do I.
Ray: Well, no sense in worrying about it now.
Venkman: Why worry? Each one of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back.
Ray: Yep, well switch me on.

Dr. Strangelove is a straight up classic that would have been number one for me had I chose to do my list a different way. As it is I had it at number 21. Of all the movies on my list this is the one I revisit most often. It's a movie that has me smiling all the way through, so it's not laugh yourself into hysterics funny, it's just funny. Something about the nuclear destruction of all human life by our own hubris that tickles my funny bone. Stepping on a rake has been comedy gold since the rake was invented this just reinvents that gag for the nuclear age and it still works pretty well. Goes without saying that George C. Scott steals almost every scene he's in and it doesn't matter if he has a line or not. His expressions are perfect for what Kubrick was going for.

I thought the Coen's where infallible, then The Big Lebowski was released. I don't think it's bad but it's not nearly as good as all the stuff they had done prior to it. Surprised it took number one but not as surprised as I am with some of the other stuff on this countdown

Dr. Strangelove was my #1, and all-time favourite, and one of those early movies that got me interested cinema (and now I'm here on a movie forum). Brilliant, hilarious, and terrifying at the same time. I watched it twice in a row that first time. And as a kid I even had a bit of anxiety over nuclear war. Not really anymore, though, I've learned to love the inevitability and humanity of it all.

Like someone else said the first time I watched The Big Lebowski I wasn't the biggest fan, just thought it was okay. That has certainly changed. It's just so good and rewatchable. I feel every single line is quotable. Is that because I've seen it so many times and can replay it in my head or because the writing and timing is so well-done. Probably a bit of both. I had it at #3.

My full list. 22/25 made it. That must be a record.

1. Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
2. This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
3. The Big Lebowski (1998)
4. Sherlock, Jr. (1924)
5. Being John Malkovich (1999)
6. Duck Soup (1933)
7. Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan (2006)
8. Monty Python's Life of Brian (1979)
9. A Fish Called Wanda (1988)
10. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (1988)
11. Superbad (2007)
12. Shaun of the Dead (2004)
13. South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (1999)
14. Playtime (1967)
15. Dazed and Confused (1993)
16. Ghostbusters (1984)
17. What We Do in the Shadows (2014)
18. Bringing Up Baby (1938)
19. Trading Places (1983)
20. Groundhog Day (1993)
21. Nashville (1975)
22. The Truman Show (1998)
23. Animal House (1978)
24. Singin' in the Rain (1952)
25. Stranger Than Paradise (1984)
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Thank you Diehl and Yoda and anyone else that helped run this crazy countdown. And everyone that participated. It was fun!

Reply to Topic