A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

Just watch it.

You'll love it.
MKS rules… we should all watch it. Including MKS.

*pops on the Meg*

Victim of The Night
Now if you wanted to break all of our hearts, you could end up being disappointed by Messiah of Evil.
I wouldn't be able to take it.

Victim of The Night
There are only two types of people in this thread: those who love Messiah of Evil and those who haven't seen it yet. The rest? Well, we sent them off to catch a film at the local movie theater . . . that's right, front row . . . eyes on the screen . . .
HA!

I have to admit, when it comes to movies from the '70s, I'm not the biggest fan. Very rarely do I find one that I actually want to own and revisit. I'm happy to announce, I would love to add Messiah of Evil to my collection. I was very pleased with this movie. I loved that it had a very Lynchian feel to it which always intrigues me when a movie is a little bizarre and out of the box. I LOVED the narration, it had a very Old Time Radio/Inner Sanctum sound to it which I just ate up. Loved seeing Elisha Cook Jr. pop up in this - makes me wanna watch House on Haunted Hill now. All the acting was great, especially our lead Marianna Hill, and my goodness she's such a striking woman; her eyes are so haunting. And let us not forget about the horror, which they delivered unto thee in spades. Very spooky atmosphere throughout but that theater scene, wow, I felt that one.

Just watched the 1911 version of Dante's Inferno and would highly recommend it. I watched a very nice copy on YouTube with a score by Mike Kiker.

Just watched the 1911 version of Dante's Inferno and would highly recommend it. I watched a very nice copy on YouTube with a score by Mike Kiker.
I second this. Very good film

Did one of you recommend Strangler of the Swamp a while back? I confess that I was a bit distracted as I watched this and maybe didn't pay as much attention to the plot as I should have, but the low production values give this a smallness that benefits the material. It's like wrapping yourself up in a nice foggy blanket.

It's in the public domain and available on YouTube in a watchable transfer.

Victim of The Night

Did one of you recommend Strangler of the Swamp a while back? I confess that I was a bit distracted as I watched this and maybe didn't pay as much attention to the plot as I should have, but the low production values give this a smallness that benefits the material. It's like wrapping yourself up in a nice foggy blanket.

It's in the public domain and available on YouTube in a watchable transfer.
Takoma recommended it and then I took her rec and enjoyed it and wrote it up and recommended that more people watch it. It's like the Zombie Apocalypse.

Victim of The Night
I have to admit, when it comes to movies from the '70s, I'm not the biggest fan. Very rarely do I find one that I actually want to own and revisit. I'm happy to announce, I would love to add Messiah of Evil to my collection. I was very pleased with this movie. I loved that it had a very Lynchian feel to it which always intrigues me when a movie is a little bizarre and out of the box. I LOVED the narration, it had a very Old Time Radio/Inner Sanctum sound to it which I just ate up. Loved seeing Elisha Cook Jr. pop up in this - makes me wanna watch House on Haunted Hill now. All the acting was great, especially our lead Marianna Hill, and my goodness she's such a striking woman; her eyes are so haunting. And let us not forget about the horror, which they delivered unto thee in spades. Very spooky atmosphere throughout but that theater scene, wow, I felt that one.

Whew.

Did anybody else get fooled by this trailer?

How do you get a horror movie this wrong? I should have looked at some reviews/ratings first. Man, spending 90 minutes watching these kids is a horror movie in and of itself. This movie should be a Jigsaw trap.

I've got three Chucky movies left before I've seen the whole series. I'm 20 minutes in Curse of C., and I don't care what the RT score is, I'm super-bored already. I'm already guessing what's gonna happen next five minutes ahead of time, just like Open Season.

I dug Messiah of Evil. I’ll probably give it another go whenever it gets a boutique bluray release, as I liked it enough to get it but was sleepy enough to feel I didn’t give it its proper due.

It feels like the missing link between Night of the Living Dead and City of the Living Dead.

I dug Messiah of Evil. I’ll probably give it another go whenever it gets a boutique bluray release, as I liked it enough to get it but was sleepy enough to feel I didn’t give it its proper due.

It feels like the missing link between Night of the Living Dead and City of the Living Dead.
I picked up a Blu ray from either Code Red or Scorpion, but haven't watched my copy yet. Not 4K though, if that's what you're looking for.

I picked up a Blu ray from either Code Red or Scorpion, but haven't watched my copy yet. Not 4K though, if that's what you're looking for.
4K is preferable but I didn’t know CR or Scorpion had one. On Amazon, the only Blu listed is like $99

I got the Code Red blu back when it came out. I think it was their first blu-ray. I had the code red DVD at the time, which I had bought not too many years earlier.

4K is preferable but I didn’t know CR or Scorpion had one. On Amazon, the only Blu listed is like $99

I think those labels have weird distribution deals. I got my copy from Diabolik DVD, and I see they have another release (with fancy slipcover) in stock.

https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/...ay-all-region/