The House That Jack Built (2018)

Tools    

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Lars Von Trier has announced that his upcoming TV mini series The House That Jack Built will instead be released as a feature film, with 2018 being confirmed as the release date. Principal photography will start in August around Trollhättan/Vänersborg and Copenhagen, with a budget estimated to be around $10 million.

Not too many details have emerged regarding its plot. But, it will follow a serial killer, and the film will be from their perspective which will span a decade. There will be 5 incidents/murders which will be interlinked in a way similar to Nymphomaniac. There will be 2 main male roles, and 4 main female roles. However, no details surrounding the cast have been released yet, either. Udo Kier, Stellan Skarsgård, and Charlotte Gainsbourg will probably return, though
However, the cast will be multi national, causing speculation. Stacy Martin is a popular choice to portray one of these victims, given her prominence in Nymphomaniac. I'd love to see Lina Leandersson grab a part, although I don't think she can speak English

Emily Watson and Uma Thurman were brilliant with LVT, so it'd be nice to see them work with him again. But:

In other news, Refn isn't on good terms with Von Trier, who asked his wife to sleep with him at Cannes this year

Is this the first time he and Watson are working together since Breaking the Waves? Or am I forgetting/unfamiliar with something else they did?

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Is this the first time he and Watson are working together since Breaking the Waves? Or am I forgetting/unfamiliar with something else they did?
No, no cast members have been confirmed. I just said I'd like to see her work with him again since she was brilliant with him before. But Breaking the Waves was the only film she made with him

Oh my mistake, I read that thinking she was in it. Bummer. Yeah, her performance in BtW is literally my fave female performance ever. It's tremendous. Would love to see them reunite.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Oh my mistake, I read that thinking she was in it. Bummer. Yeah, her performance in BtW is literally my fave female performance ever. It's tremendous. Would love to see them reunite.
#ReuniteLamily

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
He seems like a love/hate character, either people make a career almost dependent on his films, or they refuse to work with him ever again after just one film a la Bjork and Nicole Kidman. There's little to no middle ground we can hope, though!

I didn't know Bjork refused to work with him again. A shame, though I know he's a controversial guy. Still, they were a good team I felt.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I didn't know Bjork refused to work with him again. A shame, though I know he's a controversial guy. Still, they were a good team I felt.
Well, she said she'd never act again after Dancer in the Dark but I agree! I loved her in that film

This might just do nobody any good.
Pretty disappointing that the director of Dogville has settled for cheap shock more apt for American Horror Story.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Oh buhgrr. My brother told me somthing about that yesterfay but i have temporsrily forgotten.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The fact a film was booed at Cannes, or that many people left is often an indicator the film is good.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Just watched the trailer

Welcome to the human race...
Ah yes, the one filmmaker that's more of an obnoxious audience-hating nihilist than Lars felt the need to remind people of that fact.