Ðèstîñy's Thread!

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
PS. My birthday is in October. I'll be over for my cake.

i can whip up gourmet savouries and bring aussie wines.

I can make up one hell of a table with party trays. My father was a chef, and it must of been in the genes. I love to cook, bake, grill, etc . . . I've been inventing my own recipes, lately. Now that is fun.

You and i really should get together for a cook off.

You and i really should get together for a cook off.
Yep, that would be fun.

Speaking of cooking . . . Well, baking is the thing right now, and I have one more birthday cake to make. We had to put off the other party we had lined up from yesterday, 'til today. We are about to go buy a buffet table amount of Chinese food, and then I'll decorate the cake. I'll post a picture off it late tonight, when I have time. I'm already running late . . .

This was the Valentine's Day cake I made. I probably should have cleaned off the table, before the picture. It was one hell of a fun week. On that night, we bought and watched, for the first time ever, My Bloody Valentine. I'm only going to give that movie a generous rating of 4 out of 10. They liked it more than I did. I made this cake. He wanted both red velvet and strawberry, so I had the idea of making the cake with the red velvet, and the cupcakes that surround the cake out of strawberry . . .

Our Bloody Valentine Cake!

Hows about some French Toast?!? This is my recipe, by the way. I like experimenting. For all I know, this has been done, but I literally just did this one, on my own.

Get a loaf of French bread. Make each slice 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick. Use a slicer, if you have one. It works best. Now, mix together egg yolks and ONLY egg yolks, heavy whipping cream, and a cinnamon sugar mixture. More cinnamon than sugar. Dip each piece into the batter, and then cook over a medium heat, using a pinch of butter. Sprinkle more of the cinnamon sugar mixture onto the toast as it cooks, if need be.

You made too much? Use a Ziplock, storing them in either the fridge or freezer, depending on when you'll finish eating them. Use the toaster to reheat them. It's just like toastering an Eggo waffle.

All those spare egg whites, you say?!?

I did not make this recipe. I've used it before, though, and it's great. I'm getting it out of an M&M recipe booklet. They are called . . .

Calico Meringues

2 Egg Whites (Good Lord, I have a hell of a lot more than that. I'm just now cooking all this stuff.)
Pinch of Cream of Tartar (Make sure you have this. It's very important to the recipe.)
1/2 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup M&Ms (I don't have these, but a lot of things will work. I'm going to use mini chocolate chips.)

In a deep bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar, until foamy. Gradually beat in sugar, to make a stiff meringue. Fold in M&Ms.

Grease a sheet. Drop by teaspoonful, on the sheet, topping each spoonful with one M&M.

Bake at 250 for 30 minutes, or until the cookies are firm to the touch.

If you have anything else left over, you're doing something wrong.