Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Second time! I tried...

The completely garbage, just like Avengers.
I haven't seen Suicide squad and don't ever intend to. But I rate the Avengers as 0/10

I did not see one redeeming feature of it. Quite possibly the worst film I have ever watched, all things considered.

Legend in my own mind

How have I only just seen this???

Goldfinger 8/10

Everything about this movie screams classic, specially in the Bond franchise. The intro is incredible and the story is solid, with enough twists and turns to keep the audience engaged. Being able to watch Sean Connery's smooth, cool and "dangerous" Bond fifty-three years later and understand why every single Bond after him was measured next to him is why I love movies.

Hell Or High Water -

This was very enjoyable. Wouldn't call it amazing but i had a good time watching it and that's all i was looking for. Bridges performance felt very familiar; particularly his voice, i've not seen True Grit (2010) in about 5 years so i can't remember if he spoke the same in that or if it was just the fact that it was basically a Sam Elliott impression. Even though i'd have him bottom of the other Best Supporting Actor nominees i've seen (Mahershala Ali and Lucas Hedges) i still thoroughly enjoyed him, it's tough not to. The script was probably my favourite part of the film, there was some funny bits and i liked the brothers interactions; their relationship was well done. The one sympathetic criminal partner and the other one who is just bad is a very common thing in movies/tv it seems, it worked here so it doesn't bother me. Weirdly i actually found Ben Foster more likeable because he was a giant unapologetic scumbag and he knew it, Pine was more whiny and him being more of a "good guy"; against deaths, etc, didn't sit right with me. Could have rated it a bit higher but there was a few lulls were i was pretty bored, mostly in the first half.

I just watched it too, Camo...Bridges was amazing and I wouldn't be totally shocked if he won a second Oscar.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Hell or High Water IS a good movie. I think I like Foster's character most of all and liked how it was more about the brothers than about the bank robbing.

And Raul, I liked Suicide Squad too.That's right, I said it!

(MULTIPLE REWATCH) Key Largo (1948)
Bogart, Bacall, Lionel Barrymore AND Edward G. Robinson. Pure effin gold!
Was able to catch this on Turner Classics last night -- frickin YAY

Hail the Conquering Hero (1944)

A marine is moping because he got out of World War II due to hayfever, and feels that he failed. He meets some other marines, a story gets out of control, and all of a sudden he gets a hero's welcome at home. I read that this is a satire, not that I'd be able to spot one on my own. I'm not a big fan of satires normally, but this was a good movie in a lot of ways. It works as a drama, has good humor, and a pretty decent love angle. It's very sound but there was nothing about it that I loved.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Hell Or High Water -

The script was probably my favourite part of the film, there was some funny bits and i liked the brothers interactions....
Do you drink Mr. Pibb, Camo?

Welcome to the human race...
AVPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem -

Good Lord, what a mess. I think I need to re-evaluate the first one now.

The Room (2003)
the film as a whole gets a...
/10
but the ending gets a...
/10

I'd write real words to describe this film, but that would mean I actually knew what happened in this film, which I still don't.

AVPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem -

Good Lord, what a mess. I think I need to re-evaluate the first one now.
Ugh, those films had such great potential, can't believe they dropped the ball so hard.

Nocturnal Animals. Great!

Assassination Nation- (3/4)
Mandy- (3.5/4)

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Hellboy II: The Golden Army

I'm still luke warm on this one. It has all the ingredients for a great flick. Imaginative creations, great lead performance, interesting world, visionary director...but it still feels like it lacks that WOW factor. The two Hellboy movies should be movies I love, but they are movies I like.

Suspect's Reviews

Hellboy II: The Golden Army

I'm still luke warm on this one. It has all the ingredients for a great flick. Imaginative creations, great lead performance, interesting world, visionary director...but it still feels like it lacks that WOW factor. The two Hellboy movies should be movies I love, but they are movies I like.
Feel the same way about them.