The Movie Forums Top 100 Comedies Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I was planning on watching Napoleon Dynamite for this countdown because I thought it was on a previous mofo list. When I couldn't find it, I came across Black Dynamite and so I watched that instead. It's the second movie from this countdown that I haven't seen after Clueless.

If I didn't like Big Trouble in Little China when I saw it at the movies as a 15 year old, I doubt I would like it now. Too much fun for me.

I've read a few people in this thread remarking that they didn't care for him. Can't remember who for the most part.
Me, that was me!

I remember at least one person in this thread said they felt Keaton was miscast and it would have benefitted from having Jim Carrey in the role.
I think there may have been one or two other people before that that also said they felt Keaton's performance... something. I just remember scratching my head at those comments, and then tried mentally picturing Jim Carrey in an early Tim Burton movie and immediately turned off that channel.
Me and more me!

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
📽️ Third Pit Stop (30 movies) 🎞️

I present here the rank of the films by the arithmetic average rating according to 18 world wide movie communities + one group of critics. In a few words, That's what the World thinks!

List of The Film Communities by Language ▷  

---
Rank List (scale made equal to 1-10)

1. 88. The Kid 8,34
2. 86. To Be or Not To Be 8,29
3. 83. The Gold Rush 8,27
4. 99. Fargo 8,00

5. 73. Snatch 7,85
6. 85. One, Two, Three 7,79
7. 100. Sullivan’s Travels 7,78
8. 98. The Lady Eve 7,59

9. 93. Evil Dead II 7,50
10. 84. When Harry Met Sally... 7,48
11. 77. O Brother, Where Art Thou? 7,43
12. 94. Withnail and I 7,42
13. 89. House 7,36
14. 78. Beetlejuice 7,28
15. 97. South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut 7,27
16. 82. The Producers (1967) 7,23
17. 76. M*A*S*H 7,22
18. 75. Dazed and Confused 7,18
19. 96. Home Alone 7,07

20. 72. Big Trouble in Little China 6,93
21. 71. Napoleon Dynamite 6,73
22. 74. Best in Show 6,65
23. 79. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 6,56
24. 81. Wayne's World 6,53
25. 87. Clueless 6,52
26. 91. Pee Wee's Big Adventure 6,43
27. 92. The 40 Year Old Virgin 6,27
28. 95. Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery 6,26
29. 80. Step Brothers 6,15
30. 90. Stripes 6,09

---

Five more big communities are added (German, Korean, Chinese, Brazilian and second French). I think, now we cover all the world's meridians.

I didn't care for Big Trouble in Little China when I saw it about 20-25 years ago. I think I need another go with it to decide.

I've seen Napoleon Dynamite and I don't get the appeal. I felt like it was trying WAY too hard to be quirky and it just came across as annoying for me.

But then again, it may be a case of Big Bang being really popular but Community resonating with me a lot more. Carry on.

I guess I'll mention for the people who put Big Trouble in Little China and Evil Dead II on their ballots to consider Zu: Warriors from Magic Mountain (1983) and Encounters of the Spooky Kind (1980) if they aren't familiar with them. I considered them both briefly for my shortlists, but ultimately decided I preferred BTiLC and EDII, at least for comedy.

Napoleon Dynamite is fun, didn't expect to see it show up, let alone this high.

Big Trouble in Little China is one of my all time/all genre favorites, and my kind of cult classic. Never viewed it as 100% comedy though, so no vote. Still very glad it made the list. Wouldn't mind Used Cars showing up as well.

I predict that a comedy film will be mentioned tomorrow.
You made a "spelling error", don't you mean a non-comedy film will be mentioned tomorrow lol watch will get one that's not even close to being funny and one that's not considered as a comedy

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

Predictions for tomorrow
1. The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962)
2. We Need to Talk About Ke.... Scratch that. Andy Milligan's The Weirdo (1989)

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
blasphemers, aren't you all.

1. *
2. *
3. *
4. *
5. *
6. *
7. Big Trouble in Little China
8. *Yoda better have this in his top 5, if not #1
9. *
10. *
11. *
12. Pee-wee's Big Adventure
13. *
14. *
15. *
16. The 40 Year Old Virgin
17. *
18. *
19. *
20. *
21. *
22. *
23. *
24. *
25. South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut

Welcome to the human race...
One vote. Big Trouble in Little China was my #7. I recently wrote about it when I placed it at #46 in my latest top 100 list, but the short version is that I like seeing the Master of Horror go broad and goofy with a colourful exercise in kung fu comedy fantasy. I've seen Napoleon Dynamite once or twice and found it intermittently amusing.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
One vote. Big Trouble in Little China was my #7. I recently wrote about it when I placed it at #46 in my latest top 100 list, but the short version is that I like seeing the Master of Horror go broad and goofy with a colourful exercise in kung fu comedy fantasy. I've seen Napoleon Dynamite once or twice and found it intermittently amusing.

#7, you say? It's like... It's like we're twins!! Not sure if we're like Cheech & Chong's Corsican Brothers or maybe one of us is DeVito. Either way, I promise to never lose a brush while grooming a horse or get shot. Just in case. =\

Victim of The Night
#7, you say? It's like... It's like we're twins!! Not sure if we're like Cheech & Chong's Corsican Brothers or maybe one of us is DeVito. Either way, I promise to never lose a brush while grooming a horse or get shot. Just in case. =\