5. Thee Michelle Gun Elephant - Drop
  6. The Czars - Little Pink House
  7. Sylvia - Drifter
  8. Bat for Lashes - Laura
  9. Feelies - On the Roof
  10. Marshmello x Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me

A system of cells interlinked
Maisie Peters - Worst of You

Thanks to whomever posted the previous track by this little gal.

My wife and I adore her. Thanks for the rec!

1) Feelies - On the Roof
2) Thee Michelle Gun Elephant - Drop
3) DIIV - Doused
4) Bat for Lashes - Laura
5) The Czars - Little Pink House
6) Immortal - Tyrants
7) Sylvia - Drifter
8) Christina Aguilera - Genie in a Bottle
9) Marshmello x Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me
10) The Pretty Reckless - Death By Rock And Roll

Round 12:

1. DIIV - Doused
2. The Czars - Little Pink House
3. The Pretty Reckless - Death by Rock and Roll
4. Immortals - Tyrants
5. Sylvia - Drifter
6. Christina Aguilera - Genie in a Bottle
7. Bat For Lashes - Laura
8. The Feelies - On the Roof
9. Thee Michelle Gun Elephant - Drop

By the way, I found this website that lets you check if a YouTube video is blocked in any countries. It might be a useful link to add to the instructions for future contests.

By the way, I found this website that lets you check if a YouTube video is blocked in any countries. It might be a useful link to add to the instructions for future contests.
I can certainly try to remember to add it in future tourneys as an aide for those that want to use it to check their own noms.

Let the night air cool you off
I nearly nominated this earlier in the tournament, but it's a song that quickly lost its luster for me. I haven't been able to make it more than halfway through American Heartbreak yet. 34 songs on an album is ridiculous. Even the greatest artists of all-time are going to have a lot of chaff with that much material at once. Maybe if he'd released a normal 10-12 song album, the hype around him would feel more justified. People are acting like a great new country artist has exploded onto the scene, but I'm not hearing it. His lyricism is his strongest point, but almost every song sounds the same, which quickly grows dull when trying to get through the album. His voice isn't bad, but doesn't offer much range besides the occasional brief grit he adds to punctuate emotion. I think it's great that he's finding so much critical and commercial success, but I'm pretty underwhelmed so far.
As far as American Heartbreak goes, it seems like his weakest release thus far, but I haven't even tried to go from start to finish on it. I can't think of a single artist that I want to listen to a 34 song album from at this point in my life, at least not from start to finish. I might make myself do it at some point as some sort of test of endurance, but I'm just too old for all that right now. I have cherry-picked a few songs from the album that have either received praise or just sounded interesting and nothing has been outright bad that I've listened to, but the new production isn't something that I necessarily wanted from him, but even his previous albums didn't have the some organic feel of his youtube videos, and this album seems even further from that. Now it could still grow on me the way Deann did, but my favorite Zach stuff is him sitting outside somewhere with a guitar pouring his heart out.

I will say that the best thing about Zach is that he exists because of the internet, which have allowed his fans to have a more intimate connection to him. Sure, as far as I know, doesn't really communicate with his fans directly very often (I don't follow him on his socials, but I don't hear/see much about this, I could be very wrong), but I think his stardom coming from releasing videos instead of the traditional rise to stardom coming from singles/albums plays into that. Can see his expression and his eyes and the veins on his neck bulging and all that good stuff.

I like a lot of the stuff I see from him, but I'm not obsessed. I think he very well could end up being one of the most important country music figures from this era, because he may be the first person (or one of the first) to do it the way he did it. I'm going to keep an eye out on him, but I certainly don't fault anyone for him not being their cup of tea.

His song "If She Wants a Cowboy", which I almost nominated, reminded me of Adam Page though.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
1) The Czars - Little Pink House
2) Sylvia - Drifter
3) Marshmello x Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me
4) Bat for Lashes - Laura
5) Feelies - On the Roof
6) DIIV - Doused
7) Christina Aguilera - Genie in a Bottle
8) The Pretty Reckless - Death By Rock And Roll
9) Thee Michelle Gun Elephant - Drop
10) Immortal - Tyrants

Let the night air cool you off
1. Bat for Lashes - Laura
2. Immortal - Tyrants
3. Thee Michelle Gun Elephant - Drop
4. Sylvia - Drifter
5. Feelies - On the Roof
6. DIIV - Doused
7. Christina Aguilera - Genie in a Bottle
8. The Czars - Little Pink House
9. The Pretty Reckless - Death By Rock and Roll

I forgot the opening line.
1 - Thee Michelle Gun Elephant - Drop
2 - Bat for Lashes - Laura
3 - DIIV - Doused
4 - The Czars - Little Pink House
5 - The Pretty Reckless - Death By Rock And Roll
6 - Feelies - On the Roof
7 - Sylvia - Drifter
8 - Marshmello x Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me
9 - Immortal - Tyrants
10 - Christina Aguilera - Genie in a Bottle

Again, my appreciation goes pretty deep down this list - good stuff!

Nom : Mott The Hoople - All the Young Dudes ftw!

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

All voted again so....

1st - The Czars - Little Pink House (69 pts)

2nd - Bat for Lashes - Laura (65 pts)
3rd - DIIV - Doused (62 pts)
4th - The Pretty Reckless - Death By Rock And Roll (58 pts)
5th - Sylvia - Drifter (57 pts)
6th - Thee Michelle Gun Elephant - Drop (55 pts)
7th - Immortal - Tyrants (52 pts)
8th - Feelies - On the Roof (51 pts)
9th - Christina Aguilera - Genie in a Bottle (49 pts)
10th - Marshmello x Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me (32 pts)

Congrats to Mr Grant and the boys on making it through to the Final

Round thirteen (the penultimate one) up in the morning....

A bit of a gap before the next round so here's a little something to help while away the time whilst waiting:

As far as American Heartbreak goes, it seems like his weakest release thus far, but I haven't even tried to go from start to finish on it. I can't think of a single artist that I want to listen to a 34 song album from at this point in my life, at least not from start to finish. I might make myself do it at some point as some sort of test of endurance, but I'm just too old for all that right now. I have cherry-picked a few songs from the album that have either received praise or just sounded interesting and nothing has been outright bad that I've listened to, but the new production isn't something that I necessarily wanted from him, but even his previous albums didn't have the some organic feel of his youtube videos, and this album seems even further from that. Now it could still grow on me the way Deann did, but my favorite Zach stuff is him sitting outside somewhere with a guitar pouring his heart out.
American Heartbreak was my introduction to him. I'd heard his name a few times, but had never bothered to seek out his music until I kept coming across so many gushing reviews over this newest album. I'll check out some of his old YouTube videos sometime. Sounds like it might be a similar situation to Sierra Ferrell. She's such an incredible talent, with a voice that sounds like it was preserved for generations in a mason jar that sat on a rustic porch railing somewhere deep in the Appalachian Mountains. Yet there's a startling difference in her sound on her debut album versus the raw, organic performances that had conjured so much excitement online. Whoever produced her album stripped away a lot of her uniqueness to try to make her more commercial. If I wasn't already familiar with her music and simply listened to the album, I'd be confused about why she'd gotten so much hype.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
All voted again so....

1st - The Czars - Little Pink House (69 pts)

Congrats to Mr Grant and the boys on making it through to the Final

Congratulations @Chypmunk!

I liked this song so much that I voted over my own nom.