The Buffy Thread

Tools    

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I think she loved Angel over Spike. Spike screwed things up in many ways, and trusting him would be impossible. I liked Spike at the end, though. Once he got his soul back (and got over that bout of the crazies), he was pretty cool.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Obviously Angel.

I've been a fan since day one, I've got the DVDS, the magazines, the novels, the comic books...so on and so forth.

Suspect's Reviews

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
good im not alone. buffy clearly loves angel and always will, even spike knew it in the end
But didn't she walk away from both of them in Angel season 5? I don't think either of them end up with her.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Not quite sure if you are willing to spend $$$$$, but if you would want to own all the episodes (by any chance) stop by here. It's basically the only place you will find it since it's discontinued.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
yeah really dont have the dinero for that
my best friend has the entire collection at home as well as the complete ANGEL series, my own little rental store

That's about $1.36 per episode... not too bad. It's backordered since the end of March there.

Also found it for $5 less, used on Amazon.

Still though, $200 for tv I've seen already... :/

The Fabulous Sausage Man
Am I the only one who thinks that S3 is the weakest of the classic years (i.e. pre-S6)?

Am I the only one who thinks that S3 is the weakest of the classic years (i.e. pre-S6)?
Sounds about right to me. I've heard people speak ill of the 6th (the dark season) but I thought that was awesome.

Have you heard about the comic book Whedon's working on? It's working-titled "Season 8", I believe.

A system of cells interlinked
It is one of my favorite seasons, but that is probably because that is when I picked the show up and really got into it. Hard to pick a weak season, but I would have to say season 1 and season 7 are my least favorite, even though I loved the whole Caleb arc in 7. I just hated the slayer-ettes. As far as the weakest episodes... I would think Season four clocks in with stuff like Beer Bad. I loved Six. I miss Anya

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I thought that season 3 was one of the best, actually. Season 4 is not good, though it has a few stand out episodes.

I got all the Season on DVD for £15 each and rewatched them all around Xmas and I'm with Sedai; Season 7 and 1 are probably weakest. 7 got too tacky and had no real direction, got the impression they set up the First Evil thinking it was a good idea then realised they didn't know how to finish it, thank god for Nathan Fillion. Season 1 was more episodic and bit too 90s and the characters weren't fully realised. Season 2 was when the foundations were really laid i think, Season 3 was good with Faith and Angel, Season 4 and the Initiative was pretty cool. Season 5 was always least memorable but after rewatching there's a lot to enjoy in it, Riley became tired but they worked his character quite well i thought. Season 6 was really fun (The Trio) and a great potential finish to the franchise with Willow and Zander's character archs.

I really thought the comedy in 5 was great... The underlings of Glorificus always had me rolling...

I still miss Anya

Get off my island
Wow, you're wrong! It's the best. I've always thought it was the best year. It's when the show really hit top gear. I stopped short of saying matured, because it did that towards the end of 2, but as a whole, everything about S3 was better, that is to say, the characters, character development, plot, guest characters, individuals and thematically.

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I think S3 has some of the best individual episodes (Doppelgangland, Enemies etc.)...but the Buffy/Angel romance in this season is too much to sit through sometimes. Plus, I like Spike and he's barely in this season.

The Fabulous Sausage Man
Wow, you're wrong! It's the best. I've always thought it was the best year. It's when the show really hit top gear. I stopped short of saying matured, because it did that towards the end of 2, but as a whole, everything about S3 was better, that is to say, the characters, character development, plot, guest characters, individuals and thematically.
I think it has one of the worst structured story arcs. It was their first attempt at having one overflowing arc throughout the 22 episodes (the Angelus thing from S2 is more of a mini-arc) and I don't think it quite worked. I know that many don't love S4 but I always felt that was the first one to have a brilliantly structured arc that truly felt like they planned it all from the beginning. Right from the end of the first episode, "The Freshmen", you see members of the Initiative appear. I loved how S4 put little clues like that throughout the season. You really got the feeling that the writers knew where it was going.

S3, though, didn't feel like that. I found it far too fragmented. I think it may be because of Faith, who we know is going to play a big part, and yet she kept disappearing in between episodes. And there's the fact that we thought Mr. Trick was going to be the Big Bad but then they dumped him half-way through, I think. S3 also had these overlong character arcs that didn't quite seem to go anywhere. The reason why is, I think, they were planning on moving Cordelia to Angel next year and so they had to make her split up with Xander. So they came up with the Xander/Willow thing that lasted about four or five episodes but got in the way of the main arc. What was also annoying is, after that event, Cordelia was reduced back to her S1 self. After "Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered", the character of Cordelia seemed to develop, but after splitting p with Xander, she went back to normal. Fortunately, they began working on her character again on Angel. They also had to bring Angel back from the dead, so he can also have his own show, but he spends the majority of the season not really doing anything, like Cordelia.

I also didn't like "Graduation Day Part 2". I think that's one of the weakest season finales they've done. And so, because it's the last episode, you remember that more clearly than the others. I think that when you're underwhelmed with the last episode of a season, you tend to not think that highly of the season overall, like a great movie with a bad ending. That and "The Prom" (also very near the end) are the two weakest episodes, but the rest of S3 is nothin gbut great episodes. It just doesn't work as one whole season.

well, great points, Nexus, and, I have to agree about the cohesiveness of the season. I do tend to look at the season on an episodic basis, and I guess I just don't mind the lack of a tight season-wide arc...

I did like four, but felt it contained some of the worst episodes of the series. The finale of four was stellar, though, in it's Lynchian trappings... Love me some Restless....