MoFo Top 100 Horror Movies: The List

→ in
Tools    

Best Wishes All HALLOWEEN 2019 Festivities

Me Last Night ↑↑↑

I Do Very Much Enjoy Revisiting This Thread, At Times!

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	GhostFace2019.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	370.6 KB
ID:	58077  

A few that stood out:

97. The Conjuring 2 (2016) Impressive placement. I think this is inspiring me to rewatch it.
96. The Neon Demon (2016) I definitely need to check this one out.
95. They Live (1988) Yes! This movie rules.
92. Friday The 13th Part III (1982) Yeah, I don't get how this made the list. Haha.
86. Mother! (2017) This movie sucks so much. What an embarrassing entry.
81. A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night (2014) Brilliant film. Glad to see it make the list.

80. The Skin I Live In (2011) Another terrible movie. This shouldn't be anywhere near a top 100. Unless it's a top 100 terrible movies.

74. The Devil's Rejects (2005) Very nice placement. Big fan.
67. Jacob's Ladder (1990) Brilliant film.
61. A Quiet Place (2018) I liked it, but it's placed way too high.
51. Gremlins (1984) Wrong list.
49. Event Horizon (1997) Impressive placement. Love this one.

36. Perfect Blue (1997) I'm intrigued.
33. Possession (1981) Brilliant. I'd accepted just about any argument for this one placing even higher.
32. Saw (2004) Way too high. Not sure I would even have it on a top 100 of All-Time.
31. Ringu (1998) I think this is too high.
30. The Ring (2002) Shouldn't even be on here.

22. Funny Games (1997) Wow. I'm shocked this made the list, and it made it so high. It's a great film, but I don't think I'd have it quite so high.

Some interesting choices, but overall it's a pretty safe list. Shouldn't piss too many genre nuts off with it.

31. Ringu (1998) I think this is too high.
I, on the other hand, think it's way too low. It was #3 on my vote. Such a brilliant film and a huge travesty that the remake placed higher (this is IMO, of course).

I, on the other hand, think it's way too low. It was #3 on my vote. Such a brilliant film and a huge travesty that the remake placed higher (this is IMO, of course).
Yeah, the remake is miles away. No contest there.

What's funny is, I'm actually wearing a Ringu shirt right now. Haha.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200327_221952-1.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	283.4 KB
ID:	61999  

80. The Skin I Live In (2011) Another terrible movie. This shouldn't be anywhere near a top 100. Unless it's a top 100 terrible movies.
This was a fantastic movie. Very unsettling. Should've been higher.

51. Gremlins (1984) Wrong list.
Nope. Correct list.

36. Perfect Blue (1997) I'm intrigued.
Brilliant movie.

30. The Ring (2002) Shouldn't even be on here.
It absolutely should be here.

Some interesting choices, but overall it's a pretty safe list. Shouldn't piss too many genre nuts off with it.
It's not a list for "genre nuts." It's a list for and by MoFos.

It's not a list for "genre nuts." It's a list for and by MoFos.
What's a MoFo?

Do you even need to say "genre nuts" when it's a list dedicated to one genre?
I'll help you.

Here's an analogy: There are religious people, and then there are religious extremists. A horror nut would be considered an extremist.

I'll help you.

Here's an analogy: There are religious people, and then there are religious extremists. A horror nut would be considered an extremist.
Hi, brand new person who immediately decided to jump into an existing conversation to defend another new person who was recently told to tone it down.

I think the problem with this explanation is that participating in this kind of list at all strongly implies someone is a "genre nut." Nobody really needs help with the term itself, I don't think, since it's very straightforward.

I think the problem with this explanation is that participating in this kind of list at all strongly implies someone is a "genre nut."
With a list like that? Haha. No.