Ozark

Tools    

Ep 1

So it looks like a seamless transition into S3 for the most part. The characters look noticeably different age wise, at least the younger ones do, but not in a way that distracts too much. The background music is still great and on par as well as the soundtrack. If you like the first 2 seasons you will like the start of S3.

WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
Not sure what Darlene is up to, but she is about as predictable as a paper bag in a tornado on which direction she is taking. Wyatt is obviously going to get caught up into her crap and who knows he may like it, but in the end it may be his downfall. Ruth is a fav character of mine and her take no **** attitude appears to have gone a bit too far, but I like the fireworks myself. The drone security thing will come into play at some point I am sure and it will be a game changer if my guess is right. Marty actually seems to be a supporting character , at least in this episode which is cool, but I doubt the whole season will be that way. All in all I am happy with this show and looking forward to the next ep.

Ep 2 thru 10

So yeah I blew right through this show. My biggest grief was the pacing on a couple of the early episodes, but overall it adjusted itself well and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Hard to say much that is not spoiler material so I will just give my thoughts under that tag.

WARNING: "Spoilers" spoilers below
So since I watched most of these back to back to back I wont reference the exact episode because the way I watched it made it seem like a really long movie and I am not sure what happened in which ep. I do know the big introduction of Wendy's brother happened in ep 2 and as soon as he appears he is a likable kind of guy - a bit like Ruth a lot more crazy, or in this case bi-polar. When he throws the student's cell phones in the wood-chipper I thought it was great. I have felt like doing that to a few disrespectful people over the years.

Once Ben appears on screen the show almost skews a little getting us to like this new character so when he meets his predictable demise it is more meaningful. The relationship he has with Ruth seems genuine and everyone can see it even if it takes Ruth (understandably) some time to embrace the idea. If you are reading this you do not care about spoilers or you have watched the show, but if you have watched the show : weren't you disappointed that Ben never got to go off on one of the bad guys? I mean he tried with Frank Jr and he verbally accosted Helen (which was great) but we really only got to see his anger with strangers or people he loved. I think they missed an opportunity here, but not one that bothers me too much, just would have loved to see him go off on the guy that shot Ruth's dad or even Frank Jr. His fate was sealed as soon as he appeared on screen. It was kind of a feeling that I think manifested almost immediately and once you found out he was going to stay with the Byrdes you just knew he was going to be a problem and would die. I just wish he had taken someone out with him. Pelphrey did a great job as Ben , too bad his screen time is done on this show.

I kept getting mad at Wendy during the show for taking stupid risks, but the show would have been a lot more boring if she did not. It can be difficult to like any main character in this show but Ruth would have to be my favorite. Darlene is fun to watch but her loyalty to her convictions makes her do things that are hard to agree with. Charlotte and Jonah let Helen's daughter Erin get away with too much but they also should have never been given that responsibility.

It was nice to see Marty get some balls but heavy metal music can do that to a person.

Overall the show plummets into chaos and the spiral down is fun to watch on screen. I knew Helen had to die for the show to go on and I was hoping it would be Wendy to do it, but she at least got to wear her brains on her face at the end.

Great show, word I have seen online is that there will be at least 2 more seasons. I am curious to see how they get out from under the FBI - maybe they never do.

Watched three episodes the first night and two the second, slowing down a bit now. Starting really strong, I'm as compelled by this show right now as I have been at any point. Definitely right up there with S1 (S2 a bit of a dip, IMO, but only slightly, it's a pretty consistent show).

A system of cells interlinked
We churned through the entire season, right after we agreed to not churn through the entire season.

Great season. This show is perfectly cast, with a slew of excellent characters, even if I despise several of them.

We churned through the entire season, right after we agreed to not churn through the entire season.

Great season. This show is perfectly cast, with a slew of excellent characters, even if I despise several of them.
I couldn't agree more. There are not many characters I really like, but that is because the ones I don't like are portrayed by such good actors.

Finally we just watched episode 1.

I knew right away something was up with the guy walking through the mall because a real delivery man pushes a 2-wheeler, he doesn't pull it.

When Marty and Wendy left the "marriage counselor ", Wendy said to Marty the same thing my wife said to me after marriage counseling years ago, "she always takes your side and she wants to sleep with you".

When I watch this show, I'm starting to feel the way I felt when I watched Breaking Bad.

WARNING: spoilers below
Wendy & her brother look nothing alike & he seems to be trouble with a capital T. His pursuit of Ruth is probably not the wisest move so we’ll see how his arc progresses.

Only 3 episodes in so no spoilers please.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Just finished season 3. It is definitely careening headlong into destruction for the Byrdes. Even when given opportunities to bail (legit, decent ones, too), they continue to choose the thrills and power and money of the cartel game. I immediately thought of that same turning point for Walter White in Breaking Bad: where he can admit to himself, once he has enough money to quit but doesn't, that he's doing it for the power and the self-absorbed greed and attention.

Marty and Wendy have hit that point. They deserve whatever happens to them, and it won't be pretty. I just hope they continue the story moving forward—toward a logical, reasonable ending—and don't drag it out unnecessarily just to make a buck on more and more seasons.

Right now the only characters I can root for at all are Wyatt, Ruth, and the Byrde kids (in that order). Everyone else can die in the series finale and I won't shed a tear.

Not sure what Darlene is up to, but she is about as predictable as a paper bag in a tornado on which direction she is taking.
LOL. Ruth summed up Darlene perfectly. “Batsh*t crazy”.

Wendy & her brother look nothing alike & he seems to be trouble with a capital T. His pursuit of Ruth is probably not the wisest move so we’ll see how his arc progresses.
Boy, I got him to a T. Literally. By the end of his arc I was so done with him.

Made the HUGE mistake of poking around the Internet after eppy 7. Discovered the HUGE final spoiler, which kinda ruined it for me.

Stupendous season. Goodness only knows when it will now return for season 4.

⬆️ Should have known better. At one time The Sopranos was ruined for me when The NY Times blurted out (in a non-related article) that Adriana dies.

The London tube has started posting spoilers all over the place to convince people to stay in. I’m not into Stranger Things so didn’t mind who dies, but I thought the strategy was very effective. Won’t attach an image because I don’t want to ruin anything in case people are into any of the shows being spoiled.

Have been enjoying Ozark throughout. One thing that bothers me is the episode when Wendy tells Marty he’s a bad judge of character and his problems stem from his not getting people. Like 7thSon, I watched the entire show back to back, so have no idea when this was, but I’m interested to know what people think. Is that true? Is Wendy just being bitter?

I agree that Marty gets himself into more trouble by trying to avoid trouble, but that also seems inevitable when he’s trying to run 3+ businesses and launder money...?

I don’t recall the segment you mention. Marty & Wendy are like very many married couples. They hurt each other even though they love each other. I don’t think that Marty is any worse a judge of people’s characters than Wendy is. She & Helen got to be very friendly & look how that ended.

I don’t recall the segment you mention. Marty & Wendy are like very many married couples. They hurt each other even though they love each other. I don’t think that Marty is any worse a judge of people’s characters than Wendy is. She & Helen got to be very friendly & look how that ended.
Good point.

I'm halfway on season 2 and really enjoy Ozark, it seems a more worthy example of Breaking Bad than even Better Call Saul is. Jason Batemans performance is spot-on, less is more, but his directing is surprisingly strong.

Whoever plays Agent Petty would be a ringer to portray Donald Trump in a movie. Their voices and mannerisms are identical.

Finished all 3 seasons of Ozark.

After so many story arcs there is just no way in hell any of these people would still coexist with each other. Wyatt and Darlene....I think Mrs Robinson was even closer in age. Darlene is the most terrifying x-factor moreso than anyone in the cartel. Ruth is perfect amongst so many straight laced characters. Wish Navarro was Dels twin so that Esai Morales could play him. I like Maya, thought the Helen character disappointed where an outgoing Mexican would elevate the show. Bateman and Linneys fight in front of Sue was probably my favorite scene in the whole series cause Marty finally just let loose. Sue was awesome.

I'll keep watching, will suggest it, but it's not on the level of Breaking Thrones