Overrated movies & what to see instead

Tools    

Di je Karlo?
You see a lot of threads about overrated movies, so I thought I'd make a more constructive one. Here's how it goes:
You name any overrated movie, then name another one that gives you what the first one promised you.
Here are my (biased and rantish, but true nonetheless) picks:

Fury road is overrated, see Legenda o Kolovrate/Furious instead.
I get that some people praise fury road for the action and not the feminist aspect, but you'll find that Legenda o Kolovrate is just as exciting, and it has the benefit of not having a spinelessly conformist, insultingly presnted, and factually wrong message (and two hollywood-pretty leads in a sea of putrid mutants).

Princess mononoke is overrated, see Ničija Zemlja/No Man's Land instead.
I know I spit on mononoke a lot, but I really should stress that what people have told me with full confidence is an engaging masterpiece with a profound anti-war message (and definitely not just a pretentious cartoon for 13-year-olds) really has nothing on Ničija Zemlja, a real anti-war statement and a real masterpiece. There are countless grievances I have with the former, all of which are complemented by the latter, but the main characters says it all. Nino is a deeply flawed human being fully capable of being scared and confused by the absurd situation he's in. A****aka is a textbook mary sue.

Anchorman is overrated, see ZG80 instead.
Unlike the previous two overrated movies, I don't really hate Anchorman, it just doesn't hold up after a second viewing. It has some funny moments, like that ''toilet store'' line, but the rest of it comes across as what you'd see in modern Spongebob. ZG80 is the same brand of quotable comedy, but without the mentioned problem, and remeniscent of the trips we all had with our friends.

This might just do nobody any good.
godfather is overrated, see Code Name: The Cleaner
Fixed.

jesus, why do I know that movie?

Welcome to the human race...
This is an awful lot like the format that Armond White uses for his end-of-year "Better Than" lists.

Se7en is overrated, see Zodiac instead.

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) by Stanley Kubrick is overrated, see Solaris (1971) by Andrei Tarkovsky.
Solaris (1971) by Andrei Tarkovsky is overrated see Moon Landing (1969) by Stanley Kubrick.

A system of cells interlinked
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) by Stanley Kubrick is overrated, see Solaris (1971) by Andrei Tarkovsky.
Aside from the fact that they were released around the same time, and both are science fiction, I don't see much else in common here. Watch them both!

Welcome to the human race...
It's as if the people posting in this thread know the concept's flawed and are having fun with their answers more than anything else. At the very least, that's how I'm using it.

Speaking of which, Donnie Darko is overrated, watch Repo Man instead.

Aside from the fact that they were released around the same time, and both are science fiction, I don't see much else in common here. Watch them both!
I don't see much in common either, believe me, they are apples and pears. 2001: A Space Odyssey doesn't tell me anything, Solaris tell me everything, and I don't say Kubrick was worse, It means it doesn't personally tell me anything, that's what art does, you look at a painting and you fell a connection with the author or you don't.

They say they are similar, Solaris was supposed to be the Soviet answer to a "space race", that's how they sold it, saying they both explored mankind’s uncertain role in the universe and the consequences of separation from his natural habitat. They were both filmed in the same aspect ratio for what that matters, but if you go deep into the meaning of both movies they are very distinct when it comes to the space and the human role in it, Solaris is more pessimistic and individualistic in my opinion.

Fury road is overrated, see Legenda o Kolovrate/Furious instead.
Fury Road is overrated but I'd say see Mad Max or Mad Max 2 instead .

This might just do nobody any good.
Fury Road is overrated but I'd say see Mad Max or Mad Max 2 instead .
The generational gap is real.