how to get to doubledenim

Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
If people think I don't take this place seriously, I do. I would have posted this in the personal pictures thread, but some might not appreciate it.

However, my awesome chest art needed to be documented.

Ewok on Day 5 of Meth

When you get a call from a loved one, late at night, you already know it’s not to ask for your banana bread recipe. My father called last night to tell me that his mother passed away. Granny.

We all deal with these losses and they are truly sad. Calling in the sympathy parade was not why I brought this up. It was to tell you about her dog, Tiny. A little chihuahua mutt that was her companion.

At the end of Granny’s time, she had a bacterial infection that led to a hospital stay, followed by a stay in a care facility. Tiny set off to look for her. He went up the road to my cousin’s home, where he surely thought she was.

When he did not find her there, he went home. Crawled behind the couch and passed away himself. Such a bond, he knew that she would never leave him. Only when he knew she was gone, his heart was broken and he let go himself.

In trying to find a bright spot in all this sorrow, this little dog’s connection to my grandmother, truly warms my heart.

Awwwwww, requiescat in pace Tiny
Sorry about your granma too dd, hopefully they'll be resting in peace together - my thoughts are with you and yours.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
When you get a call from a loved one, late at night, you already know it’s not to ask for your banana bread recipe. My father called last night to tell me that his mother passed away. Granny.

We all deal with these losses and they are truly sad. Calling in the sympathy parade was not why I brought this up. It was to tell you about her dog, Tiny. A little chihuahua mutt that was her companion.

At the end of Granny’s time, she had a bacterial infection that led to a hospital stay, followed by a stay in a care facility. Tiny set off to look for her. He went up the road to my cousin’s home, where he surely thought she was.

When he did not find her there, he went home. Crawled behind the couch and passed away himself. Such a bond, he knew that she would never leave him. Only when he knew she was gone, his heart was broken and he let go himself.

In trying to find a bright spot in all this sorrow, this little dog’s connection to my grandmother, truly warms my heart.
Inspiringly heartbreaking.

Man, I'm sorry to hear about Granny. =\ I hope she was at peace in the end. To know the pup searched for her and then let go himself when he realized, man.... that's the stuff of poetry and tear-inducing novels. Terribly sweet, that. I'm glad that you were able to find a bit of glimmer there through the dark and a unique story to mark this time with an odd uplift when you need it down the road.

Thanks for sharing.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

It took over 3 years, but today it all comes to an end. The days of working all night, then trudging on instead of sleeping. Having learned later in life how important a routine was to my health and well-being, only to have that snatched away from me. All I want is for it to stop. Please just make it stop…

If you knew who I was 5 years ago, you would never think I would have just finished my associates degree in Electronics Engineering!!! Now I can pursue my bachelor’s online, which means I don’t have to work at night!!! What a great day!

Thanks! Only halfway there, but a return to normalcy is something I have thirsted for. All the credit to those who make it work, but working at night is like kryptonite for me.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Proud of you, DD. Slow and steady wins the race and such. Keep at it bubs.
Halfway or not, it's a major milestone marker, and a sandbar to rest on if ever the remaining swim seems far.

Proud of you, DD. Slow and steady wins the race and such. Keep at it bubs.
Halfway or not, it's a major milestone marker, and a sandbar to rest on if ever the remaining swim seems far.

That sandbar will be in Raleigh on Thursday and Louisville that weekend! Look out Whisky Row! 🤢