Official Alfred Hitchcock Thread

Tools    

I have yet to see that one... it's on my Hitchcock boxset though, so I should check it out soon.

Marnie:
Changed my life!!!!!
It teach me to have mercy on people as somethings could be psychological, before I knew about psychology!
I wish there were more movies like this that teach society something!!!!
Only movie I ever learned something about life from lol.
Connery& Tippi acting awesome!
The birds is a masterpiece I dont know how somebody would be able to make a movie credible about birds attacking humans today, I dont know how Hitchcock did that seriously.
Marnie is the most psychologically film I ever seen it is like almost clinical.
It is like a college seminar or something lol.

I just watched Vertigo again, pff one of the best movie ever made!!!
What was I thinking the first time ?

I just watched Vertigo again, pff one of the best movie ever made!!!
What was I thinking the first time ?
Wait, so you did or didn't like the movie?

I didnt like it the first time I saw it as I had a high wrong expectations of it being like north by northwest(even though back then I havent even NbyN yet, I saw NbyN after Vertigo) instead of a crime love drama like Vertigo is.
But I do love Vertigo now!
The movie is perfect

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
North By Northwest & Dial M For Murder are my absolute favourites from Hitchcock.

Just re-watched Vertigo, as deliriously dark and tragic as I remember it. Still a masterpiece that gets better with each viewing.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
HitchFan, not sure if you ever read the old Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigator books. Most everyone does not even know what the series is if you just go up and ask people, evidently there really big in Germany though, and they released 2 movies Terror Castle and Skeleton Island, took me forever to get a copy of one of them if your interested I put up a review or a bash, whatever you wanna call it.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...d.php?p=780912

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I have only seen a few Hitchcock films but I recently saw Rope and out of the few I have seen I thought that Rope was the best. I really do need to watch more Hitchcock, but my watchlist is a mile long but someday soon I promise.

^ The Hitchcock neon sign in Rope, plus the way Rope was made to look like it was filmed in one shot was also a genius thing to do.

^Interesting review, I had never heard of the books or movies up until now. I love Rope too, one of Hitchcock's best films. The one shot trick was awesome

why thumbs down? I know you guys are pretty much into those movies! But I don't really get to watch it especially in this era! I'm more like on the new stuff bout movies! and Resident Evil happens to be one of the new and cool ones...

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
why thumbs down? I know you guys are pretty much into those movies! But I don't really get to watch it especially in this era! I'm more like on the new stuff bout movies! and Resident Evil happens to be one of the new and cool ones...
and here is the appropriate thread for that. bye now.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Well didn't know where to post an official ratings list of Hitchcock so here it is:

39 Steps- 4/10
Rebecca- 6/10
Notorious- 6.5/10 (though I enjoy it probably higher than I rate it)
Rope 5/10
Strangers on a Train 6.5/10 (ditto with Notorious)
Dial M for Murder 8/10
Rear Window 10/10
To Catch a Thief 7/10
The Man who knew too much 5/10
Vertigo 8/10
North by Northwest 9.5/10
Psycho 8.5/10
The Birds 7/10

I'm sure I've posted my ratings plenty of times elsewhere, but:

North by Northwest

Vertigo

Psycho

Shadow of a Doubt

Rear Window

Dial M For Murder

Strangers on a Train

The Birds

To Catch a Thief

Rope

The Man Who Knew Too Much
(1956)

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
plus the way Rope was made to look like it was filmed in one shot was also a genius thing to do.
Actually it was shot in 12 takes, but it's got a very nice editing. Most shots end and start from the zoom in or out from actor's back. It's probably in my 3 fav Hitchcock films along with Psycho and Vertigo.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Actually it was shot in 12 takes, but it's got a very nice editing. Most shots end and start from the zoom in or out from actor's back. It's probably in my 3 fav Hitchcock films along with Psycho and Vertigo.
'Made to look like' but yeh Rope is a good film, but I watched it again recently and whilst its got a good concept and I liked the idea, I don't think it's one of Hitchcock's best.

Have you seen Shadow of a Doubt? I'm not sure how much you like film noirs, because I would say it's pretty close to being one, but I think it's up there with Hitchcock's best and has a great atmosphere plus a top performance from Cotton.