Doctor Who

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
That article also says it will be simulcast on BBC America.

I'm slightly dubious about making it into a live 'event'. What's next, a ten week voting contest to decide the new companion?

But I'll most likely be watching anyway.

I've heard Peter Capaldi is the bookies' favourite. I'm dubious, mostly because he's already played a character in Doctor Who, and another one in Torchwood, and because it'll be hard not to think of him as Malcolm Tucker.

I thought of you when I heard who they'd chosen. I don't like him much, but then, I don't watch Doctor Who and neither did I watch The Thick Of It, so it's not going to matter.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
You know what I don't like about it.... he played a bit role in the show before. I don't like that. If you play someone else in a certain show you shouldn't be able to play the main character down the road, no matter how small your role was. The fans will remember and, if they are anything like me, not be happy.

You know what I don't like about it.... he played a bit role in the show before. I don't like that. If you play someone else in a certain show you shouldn't be able to play the main character down the road, no matter how small your role was. The fans will remember and, if they are anything like me, not be happy.
This is what bothers me. That and his part in Torchwood which is sort of supposed to be the same universe.

They got round that with Martha by referring to her other character as her cousin, but I don't quite know how that would work with the Doctor, seeing as he's supposed to be unique. Perhaps they'll work it in somehow, doubles of him cropping up all over the place or something.

At least they went with someone older this time, I think that needed to happen.

I thought of you when I heard who they'd chosen. I don't like him much, but then, I don't watch Doctor Who and neither did I watch The Thick Of It, so it's not going to matter.
I'm just trying to get past it thinking that at least it wasn't some of the other rumoured choices like Colin Morgan(Merlin), Chris Addison(yikes), some man from The White Queen I've never heard of and a few others...

I wouldn't mind Colin Morgan as a companion, though, he was good in that episode he was in before. Too young to be the Doctor though, and too similar to Smith.

Chris Addison is exactly the sort of person who would get cast as a guest character, but it would be very weird if he was in it while Capaldi is the Doctor.

^ Yep, very excited to see what he will do, just hope the scripts he gets are good as that is what let down Matt Smith's Doctor for most of the last series...

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
Words cannot describe the trailer/teaser/nostalgia joyride and what it does not me visually and mentally.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Ehmmmm,why is this thread inactive?I mean it is based on a show that is around for 50 years ,don't tell me you don't have a topic to talk about?