Game of Thrones, Season 5

Tools    

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
He is bastard. Only way he can be king is if Tommen (or someone equal) allows him to become Baratheon and that ain't happening. Few times in history in situations like this maesters would call meeting and chose new king, I can't remember who can vote. But for now, Baratheons are still ruling, Tommen is officially Baratheon. If all Baratheons go out three things may happen:

1) Voting if maesters have big enough influence.
2) Someone who has strong blood connection to Baratheons will raise his banners and claim the throne. Roberth got throne after rebellion because someone in his female line was Targaryen.
3) Tommen is never revealed as bastard and he keeps the throne.

Dany can get her claim only by war, her dyansty lost its claim when Roberth smashed their princes chest.

He is bastard. Only way he can be king is if Tommen (or someone equal) allows him to become Baratheon and that ain't happening. Few times in history in situations like this maesters would call meeting and chose new king, I can't remember who can vote. But for now, Baratheons are still ruling, Tommen is officially Baratheon. If all Baratheons go out three things may happen:

1) Voting if maesters have big enough influence.
2) Someone who has strong blood connection to Baratheons will raise his banners and claim the throne. Roberth got throne after rebellion because someone in his female line was Targaryen.
3) Tommen is never revealed as bastard and he keeps the throne.

Dany can get her claim only by war, her dyansty lost its claim when Roberth smashed their princes chest.
Bastards can rise high in the world, dude.

Bastards can rise high in the world, dude.
They can't be kings no matter what their skills or positions are. Why do you think Roose, guy without any children besides Ramsay made him a Bolton?

They can't be kings no matter what their skills or positions are. Why do you think Roose, guy without any children besides Ramsay made him a Bolton?
Does no one in the Movie Forums have a sense of humor? Did you not see the goofy gif I posted?

I know it's written text and sarcasm/humor are hard to get, but I post a gif of Gendry looking goofy as hell then I followed up with a nonsense statement from the worst, most evilest character in the show. Sheesh.

John snow has always been pretty boring and dislikable.
A brave dude sitting around a castle full of other dudes isn't exactly epic television.

But at the beginning of this season, John Snow disobeying stannis's orders with a bow to the heart was epic.
And then Hardhome with him charging into battle against the undead, he fulfilled his ultimate potential as a hero.

At the end of hard home, I was afraid that the white walkers would somehow freeze the water and then run out over the sea and kill everyone, including John Snow and all of the wildlings.

This would have been an amazing death and seriously raised the stakes for the battle to come.
The fact that he went through all of this and lived… I hope his end has some sort of meaning.

As hokey as magic can be when you bring someone back to life, the ground work has been laid.
The viewers and melisandre have both seen the dead brought back to life. Melisandre is by the body.

I want to see John Snow get vengeance against every single person that stabbed him.
That would be great if they brought him back in one form in another - even if it was him possessing melisandres body or some other manifestation. Then they reach into the fire and grab lightbringer/longclaw or whatever. It would be nice but who the hell knows.

This show does have good writing though, the end result of whatever happens always seems to be well thought out and entirely plausible.

Does no one in the Movie Forums have a sense of humor? Did you not see the goofy gif I posted?

I know it's written text and sarcasm/humor are hard to get, but I post a gif of Gendry looking goofy as hell then I followed up with a nonsense statement from the worst, most evilest character in the show. Sheesh.
Hard to get sarcasm when all you say is "Gendry" ,even harder when that name makes sense for some people.

The rumor is that Gendry could be Cersei son with robert. Yes i thought she drank moon tea and lost it on purpose. But maybe she couldnt kill one good thing left of Robert. If Gendry was not a bastard then he would or should be king over Joffrey or Tommen.

Or Worse they dont burn him in time before the Nights King comes. Perhaps the meaning of Fire and Ice is a great battle between possible Dany and Jon who could be twins of Lyanna and Prince R. Did anyone ever assume Stannis could be Azor and that he has to deal with War of Two Siblings. My belief is Arya will reach whatever is left of Jon when brings Needle.

The thing about Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones that make them so wonderful and make them something that everyone is talking about the next day and make them such a powerful part of the pop culture zeitgeist is that they never make character deaths about the shock.

Not even remotely what I was talking about. There's shocking things that are gross and shocking things like a deus ex machina. Prince Oberyn found out what happens when you play with fire.

his death was pretty pointless in general though. they introduce this super badass with one clear goal: to kill the mountain, which he isn't able to do, and then tyrion just escapes anyway, meaning the fight was pointless narratively. they already got the point across that the heroes could die at any time with Robb and Ned, the only reason Oberyn died was for shock value. and then as if that wasn't enough, they do it in the most gruesome and frustrating (and slightly contrived) way possible.

his death was pretty pointless in general though. they introduce this super badass with one clear goal: to kill the mountain, which he isn't able to do, and then tyrion just escapes anyway, meaning the fight was pointless narratively. they already got the point across that the heroes could die at any time with Robb and Ned, the only reason Oberyn died was for shock value. and then as if that wasn't enough, they do it in the most gruesome and frustrating (and slightly contrived) way possible.
Every single thing that happened in Dorne in season 5 only happened because of Prince Oberyn. How is that pointless?

Every single thing that happened in Dorne in season 5 only happened because of Prince Oberyn. How is that pointless?
all it really did was make the sand snake ladies mad at the Lannisters which could have been done any number of ways. maybe "pointless" wasn't the right word, but it was absolutely only there for shock value. i'm not even complaining about Oberyn's death, i thought it was really powerful and i've never felt more sad after watching an episode of television. it's just that this show lives to shock its fans and trend on twitter, and the repercussions tend to be more of an afterthought. and now that i think about it, ser barristan's death didn't really serve much purpose, especially considering he's still alive in the books. also, sansa's rape. also, they could've trimmed down reek's torture scenes by about 90 minutes.

also, every single thing that happened in Dorne in season 5 was embarassing and by far the worst thing this show has ever done and in the end the girl was killed anyway. talk about pointless!

and did anybody else find it hilarious that in the midst of plotting the murder of jon snow, somebody apparently said "hey, let's write 'traitor' on a piece of wood and nail it to a wall."

and did anybody else find it hilarious that in the midst of plotting the murder of jon snow, somebody apparently said "hey, let's write 'traitor' on a piece of wood and nail it to a wall."
i thought it was on a cross. like you would see at a gravesite

Welcome to the human race...
I never felt like Oberyn's death was really that shocking (aside from its incredibly graphic execution, of course). It's the second time Tyrion gets accused of a crime he didn't commit and the second time he decides to resort to trial-by-combat in order to free himself. Having it work out twice for Tyrion would have been the more boring outcome, so it stands to reason that you'd actually expect Oberyn to fail (even if he did have the upper hand for much of the battle). That being said, it's a shame how season five never really delivered when it came to developing Dorne - that really was much better in the books, but I guess they had to cut things down for the show.

the "water gardens" of dorne was also a really expensive place to rent.

Anyway it wasn't pointless at all. We now have the zombie mountain and a dead tywin lanister as a result of that duel.

Well, this is the first I've spoken about the finale and the spoilers seem to be fairly out in the open, so if you've not seen the episode yet, I'm not using spoiler warnings! So that right there was your spoiler warning that I promised not to use!

Anyway, I think most of us believe (or hope) that Jon Snow will come back, it's just HOW he comes back that we're mulling over. Here's my theory (sorry if someone else hid it in a spoiler, which I'm using warnings of! Just saying): There's always the chance that he could be revealed to be a Targaryen when the Night's Watch burns him on a pyre and his body doesn't burn. But...will the Night's Watch give him that honor since they hated him and stabbed him? I'm just going with this because it's a scene I'd like to see. I don't know if Dany survived her fire because she had the eggs with her and maybe she's destined to be Queen of Westeros, etc. etc. Or it was the only way for the dragons to be born. Or that the Targaryens are all about fire and a true one would survive the fire. But then Dany's brother didn't survive his "golden crown" but then that wasn't fire, so I'm rambling and I'm sorry, sorry, sorry. But if Jon is really dead and they burn his body, even if he was Targaryen, he'd still be dead, unless Melisandre breathes life into him before or after the fire. Again, I digress. Anyhow, all the other theories of how he might be brought back are just fine. Mine was just going from the theory that he really is a Targaryen. I remember George R.R. Martin knew that David Benioff and D.B. Weiss were huge fans and he tested them by asking who they thought Jon Snow's parents were. They got it right and he knew they were the right people to be the showrunners. And he kept going on about R+L=J. That's what I heard anyway. If all that's true about Jon's parentage being important, why kill him? I don't believe it was done just to show that Martin will kill anyone. This character feels important to the final outcome of the show.

Anyhow, the other goings on:

Loved Arya's story. People on other sites and on the radio were asking, "Why didn't Arya flinch like the other girls when she was hit with the stick?" That's because Jaqen H'ghar has been hitting her fairly regularly for however long she's been with him and she's a bit immune. Anyway, I agree that the whole killing of Meryn Trant was gangbusters. As for the question of Arya's sight and if it will return, well, I've heard things.

Glad to see Tyrion and Darys reunited. Boy, that Darys sure gets around, don't he?

Dany surrounded by Dothraki? I don't think she'll be commanding them. It would be more interesting if there was at least some struggle for a short while till maybe her dragon gets a hankering for horse flesh.

Brienne of Tarth and Stannis: I think she killed him but I'm disappointed that instead of seeing her follow through, we get that Bolton punk finishing off a random soldier.

Loved Theon pushing that floozy to her death. It looked pretty convincing to me: the hitting on the concrete followed by her scream suddenly cut off. Ramsay won't be too happy, but knowing him he'll probably make out with her corpse. Sorry! But this is Game of Thrones. And of course Sansa and Theon survived the jump. Like Jon Snow's tale there's too much story yet to explore.

Jaime's daughter dying is a bummer but we all saw that coming, didn't we? As for the Dorne story, I liked it all right. At least it was nice to look at, especially the Sand Snake that Bronn dealt with. She's quite a looker!

The "Walk of Shame" I thought was great. Going through Flea Bottom and all the scum spitting at her, throwing things, etc. Great acting by Lena Headey. And the return of the Mountain! Okay, Cersei, sic 'em! Now for something I thought was pretty funny. Supposedly, some GOT fans are upset that a body double was used for Lena Headey in this sequence. What? I'm forced to reconsider everything now! Next they'll be telling us that the dragons are CGI! C'mon! Here's the link:

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainme...eason-5-finale