Game of Thrones, Season 5

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
I thought the CGI of Dany riding the dragon had a distinctly Falcor/Neverending Story look to it, frankly. Ruined the awe and majesty of it for me.

As for Stannis, my first thought was this: BOY, is Davos going to be really pissed when he gets back! (And of course, this would NOT have happened had he been there.) He's been more loving to Shireen than anyone else. My prediction is that this somehow means a complete break between Davos and Stannis. Whether it's Davos being completely disillusioned about Stannis being the real king, or Stannis punishing Davos for the inevitable backlash he'll get for what he's done I don't yet know.

But I'm sure we're going to find out.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	150608-dragon2_dbfcb4c641e3dbd976ad87da32f0a5aa_nbcnews-fp-1240-520.jpg
Views:	3686
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	21761   Click image for larger version

Name:	website58.jpg
Views:	7196
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	21762  

Season 4 should be pretty exciting. Some new people. Some deaths. The general awesome faire that is Game of Thrones.

Some of the spam we get is completely bizarre to me. I don't get the point. We had that person a few months ago that was putting the same exact post in a bunch of threads. Just speaking in very general terms. Really weird.

Oy! Almost forgot to ask. This question has spoilers for last episode so if you havent seen it, stop reading.

Ok when Danny took Jorahs hand, it was a bare hand she took. Wouldnt she then be contaminated with the stone man disease? Maybe it was just a mistake in filming.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Different arm.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
So, you have to actually touch the greyscale itself then? Makes sense. Kinda like poison ivy. Only, you know, worse.
Yea. I don't remember anyone knowing as a fact how it works, but Tyrion as a reader explains legends and stories about it, in most of them you need to touch greyscale itself.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
I don't understand how Jorah is not passing off that greyscale. I can't remember any info from the books on how easily you spread it.

I'm afraid of tonight, lol! Although… that walk in town by a certain character will be a HIGHLIGHT.

Interesting take on the goings-on in season 5 so far:

EDIT:
SORRY -- WARNING! This discusses events in the books, too. My bad for not making that connection initially.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/09...d-burning-girl

Interesting take on the goings-on in season 5 so far:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/09...d-burning-girl
You should warn people before posting a link containing spoilers from the book.

I've gotten really into this season, but my viewing last week was spoiled by powered water posting a spoiler in the shout box, of all places. And no one else seemed to care, it was never even taken down.

Since I watch this show with my GF and she's out of town, I'll be leaving this board until wednesday once GOT airs so I don't get more spoilers again.

MY BAD. Just edited the post to include a warning. That didn't even occur to me while reading the article.

---
Just watched the season 5 finale. OMG.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
There's an interview with Kit and he says he's not coming back. I say that is BS. He's too important to the story. And to be honest, if he doesn't come back, why have I wasted all this time on this stupid story?

I'm pretty upset right now. I don't like them playing games. So if untrue, not happy, and if true, seriously not happy.

I have no idea how this story is going to continue to be A Song of ICE and Fire when the major ICE character just... Oh geez, I'm just still processing this.

Can't rewatch right now but maybe one of you can answer this: What happened with Sansa and Theon?

WARNING: "Finale Spoilers" spoilers below
So they jumped off the top of one of Winterfell's towers? Our cable kept spitting off and on due to thunderstorms and I didn't see what happened. Did they jump to their deaths together... or what? It looked way too high to live from a fall like that, without at least breaking both legs.

I have no idea how this story is going to continue to be A Song of ICE and Fire when the major ICE character just... Oh geez, I'm just still processing this.

Can't rewatch right now but maybe one of you can answer this: What happened with Sansa and Theon?

WARNING: "Finale Spoilers" spoilers below
So they jumped off the top of one of Winterfell's towers? Our cable kept spitting off and on due to thunderstorms and I didn't see what happened. Did they jump to their deaths together... or what? It looked way too high to live from a fall like that, without at least breaking both legs.
I guessed they jumped into some deep snow to escape. Or they are dead.

There's an interview with Kit and he says he's not coming back. I say that is BS. He's too important to the story. And to be honest, if he doesn't come back, why have I wasted all this time on this stupid story?
To be fair though, there can only be one winner of the "game," which means all other contenders have to die. Plus surprises like this keep watchers on their toes. And there's only going to be, what, two more seasons? I expect we'll being seeing a lot of major characters die off more rapidly than we have seen before.