Best Steven Soderbergh film?

Tools    

I'd say Traffic. Followed by Sex, Lies, and Videotape, Logan Lucky, and Erin Brockovich.

Out of Sight, Ocean's 11, and Side Effects are also solid movies, but perhaps get a bit too much praise.

Out of Sight barely registered on my radar, I might need to re-watch it.
I re-watched it about 2 months ago, so it's still pretty fresh.

It's just a "decent" film imo. Probably gets more acclaim than it deserves because of the steamy relationship between JLo and Clooney.

It was actually one of two Elmore Leonard novels adapted as films to drop in 97, the other being Jackie Brown. Of the two, Jackie Brown is a better movie by quite a margin.

A system of cells interlinked
Traffic

Solaris

I re-watched it about 2 months ago, so it's still pretty fresh.

It's just a "decent" film imo. Probably gets more acclaim than it deserves because of the steamy relationship between JLo and Clooney.

It was actually one of two Elmore Leonard novels adapted as films to drop in 97, the other being Jackie Brown. Of the two, Jackie Brown is a better movie by quite a margin.
Jackie Brown is WAY better.

This might just do nobody any good.
I’m kind of having a hard time picking one. The aforementioned Traffic gets a lot praise but I’d put his Che twofer right up with it. The Limey is pretty great too. I unabashedly love all three of the Ocean’s movies (well, 1 and 2 more than 3 but that’s still a cute movie to have on.)

I also feel the need to mention Haywire, another of his that’s usually lower on people’s lists but one that I enjoy thoroughly and find a oddity in its respective genre. It’s a very soothing piece of work.

Also, The Knick is among the best the “peak tv” era has offered at only two seasons, imo.

Welcome to the human race...
Eh, from what I've seen his best stuff tops out at 3/5 for me and that's more likely to include his experimental stuff than his greatest hits anyway (I preferred stuff like Haywire or Unsane to Out of Sight or Traffic or Ocean's Eleven). I may say Sex, Lies, and Videotape is my pick but I'd have to re-watch it to be sure.

Make a better place
I loved everything I watched made by that guy

May favorite is probably Erin Brockovich

I would rank them in this order:

Sex, Lies and Videotape, Contagion, Unsane. That latter one perhaps for its very outlandishness. It’s been on my mind a lot in light of the Britney Spears conservatorship hearing.

Out Of Sight by a margin to me. That movie is so freaking slick. It's in my top 5 movies period.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I think mine is The Informant, really loved it when I watched it for the second time last year. Logan Lucky is probably second. Looking forward to his new one tonight.

I'll do an updated list after I watch No Sudden Move in the next couple days.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Probably Sex Lies & Videotape.

Although I like to champion many of his lesser-appreciated films: Kafka, King of the Hill, The Underneath (though he has kinda disowned it), Schizopolis, Full Frontal, Good German, Girlfriend Experience. I think that these are all interesting and experimental in their own way, and I prefer tham to his more commercial films, which are sharp and sophisticated entertainment, but also more rote.

I'll second the mentions of The Limey (fantastic neo-noir), The Informant (the funniest film that no one has seen), Solaris (bravely eschewing Tarkovsky for a wholly different and singular take). And while I've felt that his output has been relatively lacking over the past decade, The Knick stands as something close to a masterpiece.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Definitely Out of Sight for me. I know the plot may not be mindblowing, but it has one of the best romances on screen I have ever seen.