Actors who can do much better, but keep picking crappy roles

Tools    

Gary Oldman's been going for some disappointing roles lately. That submarine film with Gerard Butler looks terrible.

This might just do nobody any good.
Gary’s always gone for the paychecks and then bounced back with something more substantial. He’s got that Soderbergh thriller next and a Hitchcockian hopeful with Amy Adams as well.

Gary’s always gone for the paychecks and then bounced back with something more substantial.
That's fair enough isn't it ? It's just that they've been real turkeys. The remake of RoboCop stands out in particular.

He’s got that Soderbergh thriller next and a Hitchcockian hopeful with Amy Adams as well.
That sounds interesting. I can imagine Amy Adams working well in that type of thing. I wonder if he's going to do Smiley's People in the future?

This might just do nobody any good.
I wonder if he's going to do Smiley's People in the future?
It comes up in conversation every once in a while and Gary himself seems enthusiastic enough about it to maybe put some of that post-Oscar clout to use. Tomas Alfredson could use a win as well. Don’t know that I’d believe before I see it, though.

I got Park Chan-wook’s Little Drummer Girl adaptation to scratch that Le Carre itch in the foreseeable future anyways.

I think the same about Mark Wahlberg.
I think he’s had some great roles lately.

Gary Oldman's been going for some disappointing roles lately. That submarine film with Gerard Butler looks terrible.
Many people liked him as Churchill (terrible movie). Gerald Butler is one of those actors I always avoid in a movie. Saw him once as a sailor, which wasn’t too bad a movie.

Many people liked him as Churchill (terrible movie).
The makeup looks extraordinary but I don't like his voice at all – critical for the speeches in my opinion. I haven't seen the film but I do think it was clever to get Ben Mendelsohn to play George VI. He's as good a resemblance as we've seen over the years.

Gerald Butler is one of those actors I always avoid in a movie. Saw him once as a sailor, which wasn’t too bad a movie.
Seeing him as Set in Gods of Egypt amused me. I remember that Set is supposed to have red hair and pale skin, so they seemed to be looking in the wrong place .

The makeup looks extraordinary but I don't like his voice at all – critical for the speeches in my opinion. I haven't seen the film but I do think it was clever to get Ben Mendelsohn to play George VI. He's as good a resemblance as we've seen over the years
One of the worst movies I’ve ever seen. Very disappointing. Hated Ben playing George VI. Horrible.

One of the worst movies I’ve ever seen. Very disappointing. Hated Ben playing George VI. Horrible.
Oh that's a shame.

Probably. Something about letters? Can’t even remember who his romantic interest was.