Movies that introduced you to songs/artists?

Tools    

The Graduate - Simon & Garfunkel
Across The Universe - The Beatles
Garden State - The Shins

Really? Across the Universe introduced you to The Beatles? You didn't absolutely love them before that? and I kinda get the Graduate although I never saw it. I've always been in love with old bands.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
A couple of Elmore Leonard adaptations spring to mind

Get Shorty (1995)

introduced me to Us3. I couldnt get Chilis theme out of my head for days after catching it at the theatre.

Which led me to snag their 93' offering Hand to a Torch, which is probably best known for fusing hip-hop and Herbie Hancocks Cantaloupe island.

And then in Jackie Brown (Rum Punch) i was introduced to the Delfonics.

Really? Across the Universe introduced you to The Beatles? You didn't absolutely love them before that? and I kinda get the Graduate although I never saw it. I've always been in love with old bands.
I'd of course heard about them before, but never listened to their music. I'm born in 1990 and from Denmark, I don't think it's that weird to not have listened to The Beatles

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
I'd of course heard about them before, but never listened to their music. I'm born in 1990 and from Denmark, I don't think it's that weird to not have listened to The Beatles
When you clarify, I guess it's not that strange. Makes wonder what other great musicians you haven't been exposed to though. Come, you shall be my pupil and I will introduce you to new and musical things!... magical things!

When you clarify, I guess it's not that strange. Makes wonder what other great musicians you haven't been exposed to though. Come, you shall be my pupil and I will introduce you to new and musical things!... magical things!
Let the teachings begin But my musical horizon has been broadened after having a 70s music obsession last year.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
The opening credits of "Ghost World" introduced me to this funky lil' song. Heineken commercials be damned.

This song introduced me to Link Wray and His Raymen, whom I assumed were new, along with most of the music in the movie, but I was surprised to learn the guy had been around, playing music since the 1950's. To get this song, I bought the whole soundtrack and it has become one of my favorites to just listen to all the way through:

Anything with Fred an ginger in, I absolutely love their films, the music is timeless and dancing is magical.
What business is it of your's what I do, read, buy, see or take into my body as long as I don't harm another human being whilst on this planet? And for those of you having a little moral dilemna on how to answer this, I'll answer for you. NONE OF YOUR ****ING BUSINESS Take that to the bank, cash it and take it on a vacation outta my ****ing life. And stop bringing shotguns to UFO sightings, they might be here to pick me up and take me with 'em.

Great thread.

Not a movie, but fantastic covers seem to keep cropping up as I work my way through Californication. A couple of my favourites are Shaw Blade's version of The Beach Boys' California Dreamin' and a beautiful slow take on You're the One That I Want (from Grease) by Danielle Duval.

There are a lot from movies too of course, so I'll just list a few that come to mind, some of which have been mentioned before me.

Simon & Garfunkel (The Graduate)
Tears For Fears (Donnie Darko)
The Shins (Garden State)
Aimee Mann (Magnolia)
Tsar; Moneybrother & The Ark (Super)
Devotchka (Little Miss Sunshine)

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Wild at Heart

Chris Isaak - Heart Shaped World

&feature=related

I Love Movies! That's all
Awesome Thread!
My first love is music, my second movies. Four of my Top 5 Movies are in there partially because of their amazing use of music. All four of these give me chills everytime I see the scene in which they appear.

Number One:
Fight Club's ending scene: The Pixies - Where is My Mind

Number Two:
Gladiator, the first fight in the colloseum, Maximus stealing the show:
Hans Zimmer - The Battle

Number Three:
Blow, Johhny Depp walking through airport security LIKE A BOSS:
Ram Jam - Black Betty

Number Four:
Lion King, opening scene, enough said, I'm sure you all feel the same way.
Elton John - Circle of Life.

(I tried to post the youtube videos, but apparently my account is still too new :P Anyways I'm sure you can find them yourselves)

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Warren Zevon.

Garden State - The Shins
That's one for me too, never heard their music before that wonderful scene in Garden State, absolutely fantastic song:

Same film also introduced me to Frou Frou - with the song Let Go:

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
This movie didn't actually introduce me to Cat Stevens, but it always makes me want to break out the albums..

WARNING__SPOILER FOR THIS CLIP