Television Tab

Tools    

That was fantastic. Riz and John blew me away. Both such likable characters, and the acting was amazing.
100% agree. it was an amazing TV-Show

You can't win an argument just by being right!
100% agree. it was an amazing TV-Show
One of my nephews recommended it for me. He said the first 3 are a slow burn but to stick with it. I actually didnt find it hard to get through any of the episodes. So so good, but I dont think Riz is back for season 2. His American accent was great, I thought.
I loved John Turturro with the cat - 'I'm going out'. LOL.

Started Season 3 of The Killing
. The first 2 seasons are based off the Danish crime show with a similar plot line that varies. Season 3 starts with a new investigation. This is a really excellent crime series with a lot of twists, emotionally charged and intelligently written. Very excited to see what seasons 3 & 4 will bring.
Have you seen the Danish version? Brilliant tv.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
So there was a lighting strike the other night. Deapite a surge protector, I'm pretty sure it ran in the cable line and fried my dvr.

It was about 70%, but it was mostly HBO stuff. The real loss was about 13 new DBZ episodes that I never got around to watching.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
When I first started watching it, I thought I had, though after I looked it up it was a similar Icelandic TV show that was exceedingly close in plot line as well, called Trapped which was pretty d@mn excellent it's self. I had gotten into that one after being hooked on the swedish crime show, Wallander. Haven't seen the british version of that one but then i haven't heard very promising feedback about it, so.
Will definitely have to check out the original one though.

As for me, I just finished all seven seasons of Madmen
. GREAT show.
Mad Men was brilliant. Hard to believe HBO passed on it.

I loved The Killing from Denmark. Ditto The Bridge.

Finishing off The Wire.
The Wire is one of the greatest shows. Ever.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Mad Men was brilliant. Hard to believe HBO passed on it.

I loved The Killing from Denmark. Ditto The Bridge.
Madmen WAS pretty incredible and since I am a bit bitter with HBO for dumping shows like Deadwood and Carnival I'm kinda glad they stayed away from Madmen.

And I've been wanting to see The Bridge
On the Wishlist.

I couldn't get on with The Bridge, but liked the two following series of it.

I think the British version of Wallander is OK, but it's not a patch on the Swedish version with Krister Henriksson in the title role. Especially the first series.

That looks surprisingly good for SyFy. Like a show made for NBC they passed on and sent over. FX work is nice.

Has anyone seen this? I only just found out about it

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6734482/

Looks stunning, and it has Laura Fraser. Wooo

I just read on another forum that Harlots is really good if anyone is interested. Will be checking this out soon.

@doubledenim So I finally caught up with Room 104. Though I wouldn't necessarily call it awful, I can see what you mean. Episodes 1-3 definitely needed work. 1 was a little too silly for my liking and the acting was off. By far the worst episode. 2 was okay at best. I didn't care for the story much. 3 had a lot of potential until the ending. However, episode 4 was actually really good.
WARNING: "just in case" spoilers below
I like the fact that it stuck to the story without trying to squeeze in a twist ending.
That's also an issue with the previous episodes. Here's hoping it keeps improving.

Fargo season 3

@MonnoM

It just seemed like Duplass wanted to do an HBO show and they acquiesced, but we're not gonna give you any money.