Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Huge fan of Miles Teller. Good movie.

Rewatched A View To A Kill. God it's one of the sillier Bond movies plot wise. But then theres these really ****ed up parts that make the movie kinda all over the place. Its gross af watching 60 year old Roger Moore bang these young ladies.
Best Bond song ever though.

Stowaway (2021)

An odd one. A rather peculiar counter-intuitive ending. What my father would call ‘annoyingly Hollywood-ish’.

⬆️ Strange that I have never heard of this movie. And Netflix (dvd) does not offer it either.

⬆️ Strange that I have never heard of this movie. And Netflix (dvd) does not offer it either.
I haven’t heard of it either. Occasionally, I quite like to just stumble into things. It’s fine so far, though I’m questioning the logic behind the title which obviously reveals the basic premise.

I haven’t heard of it either. Occasionally, I quite like to just stumble into things. It’s fine so far, though I’m questioning the logic behind the title which obviously reveals the basic premise.
I just read the wiki synopsis. Anna Kendricks is in a lot of crap movies, but it really seems halfway decent.

I just read the wiki synopsis. Anna Kendricks is in a lot of crap movies, but it really seems halfway decent.
I do this too. Saves time. I’m not a fan of space movies, generally, but it is, indeed, halfway decent. No masterpiece, to be sure, but alright. I think the only two space films I’ve ever actually enjoyed were Moon and Interstellar.

I do this too. Saves time. I’m not a fan of space movies, generally, but it is, indeed, halfway decent. No masterpiece, to be sure, but alright. I think the only two space films I’ve ever actually enjoyed were Moon and Interstellar.
Reading a wiki synopsis while watching a movie is always a bad sign for me. It generally means that the movie, at least in the beginning, is incomprehensible. Two recent movies that spring to mind with this problem are Syriana (3 x Wiki) & Bullhead (same). Oh, Happy End too, which I could not make heads or tails of at first. Luckily, I stuck with all 3 movies & they are all excellent.

I don’t mind space movies, per se. I thought The Martian, for one, was rather good.

Did we talk about Under the Skin ever? I love this weird sci-fi movie & I do not like sci-fi.

Reading a wiki synopsis while watching a movie is always a bad sign for me. It generally means that the movie, at least in the beginning, is incomprehensible. Two recent movies that spring to mind with this problem are Syriana (3 x Wiki) & Bullhead (same). Oh, Happy End too, which I could not make heads or tails of at first. Luckily, I stuck with all 3 movies & they are all excellent.

I don’t mind space movies, per se. I thought The Martian, for one, was rather good.

Did we talk about Under the Skin ever? I love this weird sci-fi movie & I do not like sci-fi.
I agree. I rarely go as far as to actually read while I’m watching - it would have to be something truly awful for me to do that.

I don’t remember anything about Syriana, so understand the wiki there. Long overdue a second viewing. Both Happy End and Bullhead are great.

Haven’t talked about Under the Skin, no. I really like it and it’s one you can’t make heads or tails of either, in a sense, at first. Don’t think it’s really sci-fi, tbh, unless we mean the really soft kind. At some point I tried to find more such ‘soft’ films and came across Spring (2015). Actually, now I think about it, Upstream Colour (2013) is also a bit like it. Have you seen either of them? Sorry if I forget.

Johansson really did well when it comes to her alienation, made me think of Leeloo with how perfectly out of place she was. Such a beautiful film, too, colour-wise. I don’t mind soft sci-fi but I do have an aversion to films about vampiric females trapping men, so it was a welcome exception.

I don’t know what to make of Glazer overall - Sexy Beast is a classic I enjoy, but I thought Birth was very meh. And where has he been since Under the Skin, anyway?

I agree. I rarely go as far as to actually read while I’m watching - it would have to be something truly awful for me to do that.

I don’t remember anything about Syriana, so understand the wiki there. Long overdue a second viewing. Both Happy End and Bullhead are great.

Haven’t talked about Under the Skin, no. I really like it and it’s one you can’t make heads or tails of either, in a sense, at first. Don’t think it’s really sci-fi, tbh, unless we mean the really soft kind. At some point I tried to find more such ‘soft’ films and came across Spring (2015). Actually, now I think about it, Upstream Colour (2013) is also a bit like it. Have you seen either of them? Sorry if I forget.

Johanssen really did well when it comes to her alienation, made me think of Leeloo with how perfectly out of place she was. Such a beautiful film, too, colour-wise. I don’t mind soft sci-fi but I do have an aversion to films about vampiric females trapping men, so it was a welcome exception.

I don’t know what to make of Glazer overall - Sexy Beast is a classic I enjoy, but I thought Birth was very meh. And where has he been since Under the Skin, anyway?
Syriana is a terrific movie. Glad I persevered. Spring & Upstream Colour - never heard of either. I do recall bailing out of Birth.

I loved Sexy Beast having been one of the multitude of Brits in love with Spain. Terrific movie.

A sci-fi (soft?) movie I really enjoyed is Equals. I think you would like it.

About to toddle off for the evening. Encore, à vendredi. 😎 (BTW, it’s only very recently I realized France doesn’t capitalize the days of the week or months of the year. Same as Spanish. Years of French & I only now get this? )

Syriana is a terrific movie. Glad I persevered. Spring & Upstream Colour - never heard of either. I do recall bailing out of Birth.

I loved Sexy Beast having been one of the multitude of Brits in love with Spain. Terrific movie.

A sci-fi (soft?) movie I really enjoyed is Equals. I think you would like it.

About to toddle off for the evening. Encore, à vendredi. 😎
Who doesn’t love Spain. My first post-Covid destination for sure.

Thanks, I’ll check out Equals. Haven’t heard of it.

À très bientôt