Any NBA Basketball fans?

Tools    

Western Conference Finals should be really interesting...

I don't know what's happened to the Bucks. Even though they won the last game they've looked completely out of sorts offensively against the Nets. Is the Nets D better than we all thought?

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I don't know what's happened to the Bucks. Even though they won the last game they've looked completely out of sorts offensively against the Nets. Is the Nets D better than we all thought?

Bruce Brown can defend, but I think its more of the Nets players scoring at will. Giannis getting the ball at the top of key with his teammates standing around wasn't going to to work the last few years and won't work this year, yet, everyone seems to pick them to win it all.

Bruce Brown can defend, but I think its more of the Nets players scoring at will. Giannis getting the ball at the top of key with his teammates standing around wasn't going to to work the last few years and won't work this year, yet, everyone seems to pick them to win it all.
I will say one thing; they paid a very hefty price to get Holiday. He's better than Bledsoe, but too similar to justify what they gave up for him.

I will say one thing; they paid a very hefty price to get Holiday. He's better than Bledsoe, but too similar to justify what they gave up for him.

The Bucks have been confused.. They actually gave Bledsoe an extension mid-season, and then traded him and three or four 1st round picks, and I think two pick swaps.

I'm a big Jrue fan, but the Bucks already have a point guard. Both Bledsoe and Jrue are good defenders, but Giannis is the point guard, and Jrue isn't much of a guy who plays well off the ball, coming off screens, or one who's a great 3-pt shooter, which is why I couldn't understand them extending Bledsoe.

If I was Jon Horst, I would make a suggestion to Budenholzer to think about bringing in an adviser or an assistant in former head coach Eddie Jordan for the Princeton offense, or something where guys are moving around to make it tough on the defense. It's too predictable and has been for years... .Dallas is wasting good years not surrounding Luka with talent, thinking he can do it all himself. He makes his teammates better, but their so-called #2 guy is so soft, weak minded, injury prone, never delivers, but then complains he isn't getting touches. The guy is 7-2, and couldn't even back down Terence Mann, a point guard rookie! He doesn't rebound or play defense.

This has been a pretty weak playoffs... A 3-pt contest, basically.

The Bucks have been confused.. They actually gave Bledsoe an extension mid-season, and then traded him and three or four 1st round picks, and I think two pick swaps.

I'm a big Jrue fan, but the Bucks already have a point guard. Both Bledsoe and Jrue are good defenders, but Giannis is the point guard, and Jrue isn't much of a guy who plays well off the ball, coming off screens, or one who's a great 3-pt shooter, which is why I couldn't understand them extending Bledsoe.

If I was Jon Horst, I would make a suggestion to Budenholzer to think about bringing in an adviser or an assistant in former head coach Eddie Jordan for the Princeton offense, or something where guys are moving around to make it tough on the defense. It's too predictable and has been for years... .Dallas is wasting good years not surrounding Luka with talent, thinking he can do it all himself. He makes his teammates better, but their so-called #2 guy is so soft, weak minded, injury prone, never delivers, but then complains he isn't getting touches. The guy is 7-2, and couldn't even back down Terence Mann, a point guard rookie! He doesn't rebound or play defense.

This has been a pretty weak playoffs... A 3-pt contest, basically.
Speaking of the unicorn, there's been rumors of a swap for Kemba. I don't want Boston to do that because everything you said about him is on point. Plus he has an extra year on his contract.

The funnest team to watch were the Utah Jazz, but the loss of Conley makes them look like every other team's offense.

The Nets might have been giving Harden extra rest, since its all you can do with a hamstring problem, especially after re-aggravating it, and he might play. Maybe the others will step up? It's also an opportunity to see what KD can do. I'm just glad that both series will go to at least a Game 6, just like the Hawks yesterday, who had a heck of a comeback.

So much choking....76ers keep blowing huge leads, Jazz keep crumbling when you expect them to step up....

I'm torn because on one side this seasons winner is likely a joke thanks to injuries on the other hand...if it's the Suns and Paul finally gets his ring that's a best case scenario.

So much choking....76ers keep blowing huge leads, Jazz keep crumbling when you expect them to step up....
The Hawks have been a big surprise.. Mike Conley's absence has made Utah look like every other team. They went from great ball movement, to iso ball, and Donovan isn't really a point guard, but not really a shooting, kinda like Wade. Both played defense, but Donovan has a better 3-pt shot.

The injuries hurt the game. We'll never know the truly best team.

And then all the coaching changes!

-SVG fired
-Stevens fired (and promoted)
-Scott Brooks is gone
-Rick Carlisle leaves (VERY surprising), and Donnie Nelson

And then today the Celtics are trading Kemba and picks for Al Horford. OKC have 36 1st/2nd rounders (18 each)... They better trade those assets before teams low-ball them.

Utah's turn to blow a huge lead I guess hahaha they might as well blow up the Jazz at this point

I don't know why KD didn't go to the hole.. That long shot would have been a 2, anyway, but he had a point guard on him - why not go to the hole? I will never understand this 3-pt shooting.... There have been MANY games this season where a team is down a point, or even tied, and a guy bricks a 3.. I'm glad it went to OT, because its Game 7, and it's giving both teams another chance... I'm rooting for the Hawks, but I don't see them winning.

Out West, each team is losing their best player for at least Game 1 with Leonard and Paul out.

WAY too many injuries... And it has usually been the best player, or the second best player.

I don't know why KD didn't go to the hole.. That long shot would have been a 2, anyway, but he had a point guard on him - why not go to the hole? I will never understand this 3-pt shooting.... There have been MANY games this season where a team is down a point, or even tied, and a guy bricks a 3.. I'm glad it went to OT, because its Game 7, and it's giving both teams another chance... I'm rooting for the Hawks, but I don't see them winning.

Out West, each team is losing their best player for at least Game 1 with Leonard and Paul out.

WAY too many injuries... And it has usually been the best player, or the second best player.
He doesn't get criticized because he's Durant, but you're spot on. Also, they shouldn't be shooting at the last second when they're down because you might need an offensive rebound. You shoot at the last second in a tie game.

The trick is not minding
I’m still rooting for The Suns. They deserve it.

I’ll be happy with any team not featuring Lebron, however.

Suns
Hawks
Bucks
Clippers
76’s*

In that order.

*Edited: forgot Philly

He doesn't get criticized because he's Durant, but you're spot on. Also, they shouldn't be shooting at the last second when they're down because you might need an offensive rebound. You shoot at the last second in a tie game.
Yes, yes, yes but this happens all the time.

Yes, yes, yes but this happens all the time.
Tatum did it early in the year but hit the shot. A few days later he did the same thing and missed and took a lot of criticism. Thankfully he didn't do it again.

Tatum did it early in the year but hit the shot. A few days later he did the same thing and missed and took a lot of criticism. Thankfully he didn't do it again.
The other thing that drives me nuts is they wait till 5 seconds to start the play. It results in so many off balance poor shots. Run the offense, you get better results 9 out of 10 times.