Actors who can do much better, but keep picking crappy roles

Tools    

The truth is in here
Billy Zane - I know he has a lot of mortgages to pay off. I hope someday he'll be a big-screen attraction again, like in the days of Titanic, Dead Calm and Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight. That being said, there are still a few gems inbetween. If you look really hard.

Jamie Dornan - What the hell is this guy doing with his career?! I love him in The Fall, yet he decided to star in The Fifty Shades Of Grey franchise. I can never watch those movies, since I know I wouldn't be able to look at him the same way again. I hear he's terrible in them. So with that being said, I'm hoping to see a role where he really shines again. I know he's got a lot of talent left in him.

Johnny Depp - I know what you're all thinking, "He's lost it by now, he's just a hack". But I just refuse to believe that's true. The only problem is the roles he currently pick are either boring or too similiar to what he did before. Also, he seems to be a little too self-indulgent. In films like Ed Wood, Donnie Brasco, Edward Scissorhands, What's Eating Gilbert Grape and especially Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, you didn't see him as "that guy Johnny Depp". He were those characters.

Jamie Dornan - What the hell is this guy doing with his career?! I love him in The Fall, yet he decided to star in The Fifty Shades Of Grey franchise. I can never watch those movies, since I know I wouldn't be able to look at him the same way again. I hear he's terrible in them. So with that being said, I'm hoping to see a role where he really shines again. I know he's got a lot of talent left in him.
He was in Anthropoid with Cillian Murphy and that was a great film!

This might just do nobody any good.
I’m sure there’s a financial reason but Nic Cage can and does, briefly, take part in good productions. How come he hasn’t shown up in a Tarantino yet?

The truth is in here
I’m sure there’s a financial reason but Nic Cage can and does, briefly, take part in good productions. How come he hasn’t shown up in a Tarantino yet?
He actually had a really good career for a long while, especially the 90's and early 2000's. I think it probably took a nosedive for him when he started being in movies like The Ant Bully, The Wicker Man (as funny as it is) and World Trade Center. The past few years really don't have many movies with him I want to see, some exceptions being Joe and I guess Snowden.

When will RDJ be in other things than Marvel movies?

Chris Pratt
Aaron Taylor Johnson
James McAvoy
Ellen Page
Vera Farmiga

Cameron Diaz is the first name that popped into my head on this subject...this girl has talent, but she keeps doing crap like Sex Tape and Bad Teacher...seriously?

Another is Taylor Kitsch, even though I quite liked Lone Survivor.
Well he was terrific in FNL & True Detective. He will be starring in a new HBO show about the Waco disaster.

This might just do nobody any good.
I hope that after Call Me by Your Name Armie Hammer finally hits his stride (and I liked The Lone Ranger!)

John Cusack has had some horrible roles.
It’s like he’s picking up Cage’s scraps!

I’ve seen Hardy in these roles & he was terrific. I would imagine he was good in Dunkirk also.

Liam Neeson, perhaps? He showed great potential with the '90s and early '00s, and then...I don't know, but it just seems like all he does now are Seth MacFarlane comedies and Taken-esque action films (unless I'm missing something here).

I'm positive he can do more than this.