Movie Trivia You Think Is Interesting?

Tools    

can it be about the cast aswell?
River Phoenix wanted Leonardo Dicaprios part in "basketball diaries"

Britney,zoe and Taryn all got matching tattoos when they did "crossroads"

Ziyi Zhang had no martial art experience when she got the the part in
"Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon",
she was however a ballet dancer and used this.

So many good movies, so little time.
To get himself in to the movie Lifeboat (1944), Alfred Hitchcock had images of himself placed in the newspaper William Bendix was reading for a Reduco weight loss ad.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
can it be about the cast aswell?
River Phoenix wanted Leonardo Dicaprios part in "basketball diaries"
Britney,zoe and Taryn all got matching tattoos when they did "crossroads"
Ziyi Zhang had no martial experience when she got the the part in "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon",
she was however a ballet dancer and used this.
Sure! Whatever you want, anything you think is interesting

Alexandra Dahlstrøm from the cult classic ****ing åmål/show me love worked as an interpreter and assistant director on another favourite movie of mine Lilya 4-ever and can be seen in one of the shots

movie studios used to own theatres as well, but they were hit by the US government with an antitrust lawsuit for a vertical monopoly.

this set a precedent in law that was later used against Microsoft.

charge of the light brigade killed so many horses on camera that animal rights activists became involved in hollywood productions ever since.
on purpose or accidental?

My life's a disaster zone.
In Heat (1995), Al Pacino ad-libbed the line 'cos she's got a great ass!' In the scene where he's interrogating Hank Azaria's character. The frightened look on Azaria's face was genuine.

'And you got your head... ALL THE WAY UP IT!!!!!!!'

on purpose or accidental?
on purpose.

the original ben hur did this too, they would intentionally crash the chariots and film the wreckage on camera. horses be damned.

In Heat (1995), Al Pacino ad-libbed the line 'cos she's got a great ass!' In the scene where he's interrogating Hank Azaria's character. The frightened look on Azaria's face was genuine.

'And you got your head... ALL THE WAY UP IT!!!!!!!'
I didn't know that, but I've always assumed that to be the case. You just wouldn't write a line that bad in a film like that. At least, I'd hope you wouldn't.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Sean Young desperately sought after the role of Catwoman in Batman Returns. Primarily, she felt a bit sore after being forced to pull out of its predecessor, where she was cast as Vicki Vale, because she injured herself in rehearsals (in a scene that wasn't used in the final cut!) She stalked Tim Burton, had contacts throughout studios who contacted one another about Burton's whereabouts, Burton even had to hide in a closet to avoid her at one point.
When this all failed and it was revealed Michelle Pfeiffer got the role, she want on a Joan Rivers show dressed in a home made Catwoman costume and basically begged for the role. She failed.

In the same film, Pfeiffer had to be vacuumed into her leather outfit to make it skin tight!

About Ms. Young again, she told fans to boycott the upcoming Blade Runner sequel if she was not cast in it, and she won't be. Executives met with her once but then stopped returning her calls, and when she met with Ridley Scott in 2015, he never mentioned it, so she didn't bring it up.

In Total Recall the fighting prowess of the women characters was initially taken very seriously. The character of Lori was written for Cynthia Rothrock, the first American woman to establish herself as a star in Hong Kong through her martial arts films. However, in the end, the men didn't want to be upstaged by a woman, so the role was given to the inexperienced Sharon Stone.

Brigitte Nielsen and Arnie had an affair on the set of Red Sonja.

The casting for the leading ladies of Ginger Snaps was initially a disaster. They searched cities throughout Canada, and when that failed, they began looking through the USA. Eventually though, after months of searching, they returned to Vancouver, where the leads Katharine Isabelle and Emily Perkins auditioned on the same day, within an hour of each other.
After a day of filming, Katharine Isabelle wandered into a local shop, the locals were horrified to see her and thought she had just been attacked, she was covered in fake blood.

I think Elizabeth Hurley used to be a tea girl as well before she became an actress/model, I'm sure I read that somewhere anyway

The Slap in Cruel Intentions was unscripted and his response is genuine. the argument between reese and ryan (who were dating at the time) got so heated she slapped him. after the scene he threw up

I did think it was interesting to read that Bryan Singer considered Terence Stamp for Magneto.

not really a movie trivia but a movie actress trivia

This commerical Sarah Michelle Gellar did brough on a massive lawsuit between McDonalds and Burger King and SMG got herself a lifetime ban from Mcdonalds

Reading about the slap in Cruel Intentions reminded me of something similar...in the 1979 film Kramer Vs Kramer, there is that scene where Hoffman and Streep meet for a drink and Joanna says she wants custody of Billy...when Ted slams the drink against the wall before leaving was also an unscripted moment because Hoffman and director Robert Benton wanted to see how Streep would react.

ive heard on numerous occations that dustin and meryl didnt get along. i dont know if thats because they were "in character" though,but dustin has spoken rather unfondly of the time making that movie.