Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I know it's possibly a weird connection but I made the ending out to seem like Eastwood was content with the way his career has gone. It kind of drew that parallel for me.

Frankie and Johnny (1991) - 8/10

The movie was really great!

People hate the ending?
Ya I thought the ending was powerful. I watched it 6 years ago and it has stuck with me more than films I watched a few months ago.

I'm watching Unfriended right now. Better than expected, actually. Not finished yet, though, so jury is still out.

Do I really have to give a score? I'm new. This is my first post,and hate it when my opinions comes back to haunt me as they invariably do.

You're on a roll, Cole, with all those great and well-respected films! Awesome to see you catching up so fast on all different kinds of cinema! I admire your hard work, my friend.

Glad you liked Gran Torino. I love it myself too. Great film.

I have to return some videotapes.
People hate the ending?
I went to another forum and IMDB forum and people seemed to pick apart the ending. Saying how his plan wasn't completely thought through.

So glad that you enjoyed Gran Torino...great film and Eastwood was definitely robbed of a Best Actor Oscar nomination.
Yeah definitely. That would have been a hell of a final performance for him.

You're on a roll, Cole, with all those great and well-respected films! Awesome to see you catching up so fast on all different kinds of cinema! I admire your hard work, my friend.

Glad you liked Gran Torino. I love it myself too. Great film.
Yeah, I'm working hard but I've enjoyed quite a bit of these. Slowly getting there with you guys

Never admit defeat, change your goals instead
Ant-Man (2015)

I might be a bit generous with this rating, but this one clicked for me in a way that no other superhero movie (The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy etc.) has before.

I never thought I was a fanboy, until I noticed I get upset when people say something is better than GotG.

I never thought I was a fanboy, until I noticed I get upset when people say something is better than GotG.

Guardians was good, one of the better Marvel movies definitely. I just preferred Ant-Man a bit more.

Wall - E (2008)

Even robots find love

The Blues Brothers (1980)

One of the funniest movies I've seen, with a great cast of actors and musicians, and exciting musical numbers.

Unbreakable (2000)

Underrated movie by M. Night Shyamalan. Excellent performances and an original plot.

Never admit defeat, change your goals instead
Super

I had always heard such great things about James Gunn's little movie. It just seemed like a mess to me.

The beginning was really good, but it just devolved into a gory, camp mess.

Unregistered User

The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (1976)

Cassavetes doesn't disappoint! Although I thought that A Woman Under the Influence was better, this wasn't too far off. If Gena Rowlands gave a powerhouse performance in Influence, Gazzara almost matched her in this. His role as the suave, firm-but-fair strip joint owner is played to absolute perfection as he sets about to clear a gambling debt. Watched in blu ray it really is a beautiful experience and Cassavetes makes this so gripping, realistic and intense (as always) that it reels you right in and makes for such an engaging experience.

On a side note, Flo, played by Timothy Carey is one of the most psycotic characters ive seen in a long time!

++

Welcome to the human race...
Mission: Impossible II -

This one kind of makes me want to bump my rating for the first film up a half-box since it's silly as hell but nostalgia and camp mix together to make it rather enjoyable as far as
films go. Having John Woo behind the camera at least makes it look kind of stylish.

A Pigeon Sat On A Branch Reflecting On Existence.

W.T.F. ?!!

You must be King Charles XII, fancy a sparkling mineral water? Can I sleep in your tent?

Oddly fascinating, but completely bonkers.