Spiderman 3 (2007)

Tools    

Producer Avi Arad (A day before leaving Marvel to persue an independant career) took the time to give a short interview with iFMagazine. What was discused? Well, besides a little bit of info on the black costume shown in the current poster, Arad did reveal that there will actually be 4 villains in the upcoming Spider-Man 3. So far Venom, Sandman, and Green Goblin have been confirmed, but Arad was unable to announce the 4th officially.

"Right we have four villains. Pretty soon [we’ll reveal the fourth villain] I believe. Maybe around Comic Con we’ll reveal something and the madness will begin", Arad said.

I believe that right now the common fan rumor is that the 4th villain will likely be The Lizard aka Dr. Conners due to being featured during a short scene in "Spider-Man 2" and mentioned briefly in "Spider-Man". But how is this for a confirmation?

Please take note of the IMDB listing for Spider-Man 3. Near the top of the cast list you will find Dylan Baker credited as 'Curt Conners Ph.D/ The Lizard'

Source: MoviesOnline

Topher Is The Worst Casting Choice For Venom And I Believed Shouldnt Be Someone Who Is Large To Begin With, Since After Eddie Brock Becomes Venom Is When He Starts Working Out

Bruce Campbell Should Be Playing Curt Connors/The Lizard ; I Thought Raimi Wanted To Use Him In That Role, To Some Extent, Earlier, Fingers Crossed He Gets A Decent Cameo.

(why use capitals for every word?)

4 villians seem a bit much in one movie....but oh well. I'll still watch it.

Spiderman 3 will have Sandman, The Green Goblin 2, Venom (for the last 10 minutes of the movie) and the fourth???? Sam Raimi said he wants to keep a secret. It would cause mass hyteria when the world found out who it was.

Originally Posted by Pyrotramp
Oh, heard Bruce Campbell might be playing the 4th villian, Mysterio! Aces.
Where'd on Earth you hear that? I'm sorry, but good ol' Bruce "Ash" Campbell won't be in the film this time.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by jrs
Where'd on Earth you hear that? I'm sorry, but good ol' Bruce "Ash" Campbell won't be in the film this time.
Says who? I'm sure he won't fill the role of a villain, but I've no doubt he'll be in the picture. Just as I've no doubt that Sam Raimi's car will also make an appearance. It's just the way things work...

Yeah next thing you know Arnold will be doing cameos in The Rock's films

Originally Posted by jrs
Spiderman 3 Venom (for the last 10 minutes of the movie)
Didn't know that.......well he better damn well be in the fourth film if he's only in the end of it.

Why put Venom in for only the last 10 minutes, that's what im looking forward to seeing the most. And Jrs, if Bruce isn't in it at all, you owe me all your dvds. Deal? Cool

Who knows, i'd rather have Venom as the main villian than Sandman/Green Goblin 2/the 4th guy. Although, i don't know where JRS got the 'last 10 mins' part of it.....

I'm guessing, considering the last two, Green Goblin will be the final showdown, but was hoping it would be after Venom ripping it up through the main body of the film and having Sandman opening the film. Hoping the 4th villian will play a more interesting role, like helping Spiderman. Either way, i cannay wait.

Someone needs their fill.
Sorry, i just want to get past the whole 4 villians thing for a second. A couple things I hope will be in this film:
  1. Remember in Spiderman 2 when about everyone saw who Spiderman was in the Subway Car? Well, at the beginning of the film they should have one of them spot Spidy out, kind of an annoying crazed fan.
  2. Have Spidy infested with the Symbiote. Kind of an obvious choice that would explain the black costume but...SYMBIOTE SPIDY!!!

Beware The Probe!
Originally Posted by Sleezy
I'm sorry you feel that way, because Brian Michael Bendis has done incredible things with that story. And dismissing an entire comic book just because they changed one character detail (this is the Ultimate universe we're talking about) seems pretty shallow to me, but whatever.
So?
I agree.
You're really missing out if you've never checked out this series.
The Ultimate Spiderman and Ultimate Fantastic Four comic books brought me back to Marvel after going DC only for several years.

When Ultimate Spidey first came out it felt like something fresh and new. I kept thinking, "Now this is what the Spiderman movie should be like when they make one!"
When they finally did make a movie it wasn't like the Ultimate book but I still wasn't disapointed anyway.

I'm sure Topher will do a fine job as Eddie Brock.

Now I'm just damn curious if a Carnage symbiote attaches to Aunt May in this one?
That would just be... wierd.

Originally Posted by jrs
Directly quoted from Sam Raimi
Oh.....well that's a bit disappointing. Oh well, it still should be good.

Originally Posted by Blister
Oh.....well that's a bit disappointing. Oh well, it still should be good.

With Venom at the last 10 minutes....what a better climatic fight to possibly lead to a possible 4th film????

Originally Posted by jrs
With Venom at the last 10 minutes....what a better climatic fight to possibly lead to a possible 4th film????
Hmm, never thought about it like that.....makes me feel better on that subject, but at least there'll be something to look forward to at the end