Movie would you like to see in a movie about the making of it?

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
With movies like Ed Wood (1994), about the making of Plan 9 From Outer Space, or Hitchcock (2012), about the making of Psycho (1960), and now The Disaster Artist (2017), which movie would be a good movie to show the making of that movie? Not a documentary about the making of that movie, but a dramatization with actors, like the above examples?

I would like to see a movie about the making of Last Tango In Paris, since that movie has an interesting background. What do you think?

Dolemite was actually a great rumor to me when I heard it getting spun around, and seeing the trailer with Eddie Murphy has got me excited for the release of it.
As far as ones not currently in development/coming out, perhaps a dramatization of the Star Wars prequels being made. The behind the scenes footage of the trilogy is already gold with awkward comedy, so I feel like a good cringe comedy is a possibility with the right people.
That being said I really like The Crow answer, I still can't believe that happened in reality when I read the story of the incident. And not a lot of people born in the 90's and beyond really knows of it so its ripe for a retelling.

Welcome to the human race...
I think there has to be a lot happening behind the scenes to make it compelling across a feature-length runtime - not sure whether or not a single incident in the case of something like The Crow or Twilight Zone: The Movie would be enough to sustain a full movie. Something like Ed Wood or Disaster Artist at least has an eccentric protagonist and follows behind-the-scenes stories that are often just as entertaining as (if not more so than) the films that they're about (and are also redundant in cases like Apocalypse Now or Fitzcarraldo where they already made fascinating documentaries about the behind-the-scenes drama). That's without getting into the prospect of getting really weird and fictional with it like Shadow of the Vampire did.

I did imagine a Steve Jobs-type movie about Terry Gilliam's various attempts to get different movies made - one part could be about Brazil, the other about The Man Who Killed Don Quixote.

Are Blade Runner, Brazil the kind of films you are looking for. Apocalypse now had a documentary made by the film makers wife I believe, but you said not to count docs. All those films had enough drama surrounding them that a movie about their production would be interesting.

Are Blade Runner, Brazil the kind of films you are looking for. Apocalypse now had a documentary made by the film makers wife I believe, but you said not to count docs. All those films had enough drama surrounding them that a movie about their production would be interesting.
Oh I just meant movies about the making of movies, because the behind the scenes production is interesting. Another interesting one is The Boondock Saints. They made a documentary of the making of it called Overnight, but perhaps a dramatization with actors would be good too.

Welcome to the human race...
Oh dang, I totally forgot about The Boondock Saints and Overnight. Now that's a story that could actually work if it positions itself as a kind of antithesis to The Disaster Artist where the outsider artist getting his film made against all odds is the villain of the piece rather than the hero (especially when the film he's so eager to make isn't a sincere melodrama like The Room but a too-cool vigilante thriller).

The Crow might have enough material for a whole feature length movie if they perhaps devoted a lot of the stories time to Michale Massee's character development throughout, since he was the one who accidentally shot Brandon Lee, and they could make it about his struggle to an extent?

Singin in the Rain would actually be really cool, seeing a movie about making a movie that’s about making a movie.