Halloween 9

Tools    

i can't wait for halloween 9!!!
make it!
make it now!
arg...the suspence is unreal!!!!

My life isn't written very well.
I couldn't agree with you more 82!

I watched Halloween: Resurrection and thought it had a great premise. I liked the idea of the live head cams and the "reality show" plot. I could have done without Busta Rhymes though. Still, I wish they would bring back the atmosphere of the original.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Oh, god. Please don't act all insane. Obviously, you're a big fan of the Halloween series I take it. Did you ACTUALLY like that piece of crap that came out last year? I just saw it on pay-per-view a few weeks ago.... I could not believe my eyes. Train wrecks make me happier. They ruined the series with that turd. Everyone thought they had ruined the series before with part Halloween 5 & 6, but they were SO WRONG and had NO IDEA what was coming.

I love all of the Halloween movies. H20 was good because it had Jamie Lee Curtis back as the heroine, however, Josh Hartnett and his stupid friends sucked. But they did a decent job on it, more or less. It just wasn't that dark or scary.

Halloween:Resurrection is unwatchable. I literally left my room to take a shower after the wretched beginning, and I watched the scenes I missed later. What were they thinking???
Why was Jamie Lee Curtis in it.... WHY, OH GOD, WHY?!?!?!?!

And Michael giving back that butcher knife to the nut in the hospital? WTF?!?! This is an inhuman serial killer who has KILLED DOGS! He wouldn't have given a knife back to that guy. True, Michael has done funny things -- driving to Haddonfield & stealing his mask in that store in the first movie -- but he kills ANYONE in his way. He'd even kill a kid, if a filmmaker had the guts to have an inhuman serial killer kill a kid for once in a horror movie. That's the real Michael Myers!

EDIT: If I remember correctly, Michael did kill a kid once - in Halloween 5 - he went back to the children's hospital to kill Jamie (9 yr old girl) and he killed her friend Billy instead.

alas they will never bring back the atmosphere of the original
there's too much technology now so they'll use that to their advantage rather than the using of actuall plot like in the first

the whole webcam thing was very cool and to be honest i kinda liked busta rhimes too...tho i could of gone without the whole kung fu busta

you're missing the whole purpose celeb
it was the bring back of michael myers to his home environment
it was the (possible) ending of the original generation and the introduction of a newer generation
michael is here to stay
and no matter what you say it's going to stay that way
nuf said

I'm completely okay with that.... however, I hate the new generation for f-ing with the old generation by

WARNING: "Halloween 8" spoilers below
KILLING LAURIE STRODE - not that I have a problem with killing Laurie Strode, had they done it in H20 at the end - but the way they did it in the beginning of H8 is unspeakable - absolutely unspeakable - and I'm talking about the WAY she was killed, how it was filmed, THE CORNY MUSIC THEY PLAYED AS SHE FELL TO HER DEATH, everything....

i thought it was bitter sweet
she died facing what she inevetable could not out run
her brother
so they gave her death some melodramatical music
it was for the old die hard fans of the original who cried when they saw her (maybe) die

I know what you mean about the technology part 82. And you're right seeing the house again in that one scene (you know which wide-angle I'm talking about) made me giddy. Have you seen the deleted scene with the Firebird, and the car alarm beeping on the DVD? I'm glad they cut that out, however the car did look cool in front of the house.

When I first watched it I wondered, "How are they gonna make a movie fill up 90 minutes in such a small house?" Hence the my only other complaint; the catacombs. Even though it's a great idea it seemed sort of misplaced. I kept thinking, "Way back in 1979, all Laurie had to do was crawl out under the house, through the vast sewer system."

Well, that was the ****tiest melodramatic music I've ever heard. And the way it was filmed, Michael stabbed her way too early on, and then the ****ty melodramatic music started. There have been some great deaths of heroines from original films before -- I'm thinking of Nancy's death in Nightmare on Elm Street 3 when Freddy tricked her at the end of the film and she met her demise thanks to Freddy's blades in the stomach. But Laurie Strode's death was.... as I said, unspeakable. I did not feel sad in a good way.

And that thing about old die hard fans crying when they saw her die -- nuh uh. What old die hard fans have you been talking? All the die hard fans I know HATE this movie and didn't see it in when it was released at the movies - which is what I did, I banned it then. We had read early reviews for it and knew what was coming. When I saw the movie, I felt that those early reviews were spot on.

Of course the "new generation" loved - some of my friends were telling me that it was great and just like the first movie - but I wouldn't budge. Even when they saw it more than once.

It's dreadful knowing that at my age, I'm considered "the new generation". I sure as hell don't feel like it, and I don't follow it.

well......back in 1979 laurie wasn't being chased around the myers house...so we had no knowledge that the catacombs could even exist at that point
she was always being chased around lyndsay's house or the doyle house or in the hospital
it was great seeing the house back the way it should be though
i was getting sick of them turning it more and more into a mansion as seen in halloween 5 and 6
nice as those houses were they were not the real myers house
and oh yeah i saw those scenes that were deleted
not to meantion the one really good alternate ending

Originally posted by r3port3r66
When I first watched it I wondered, "How are they gonna make a movie fill up 90 minutes in such a small house?" Hence the my only other complaint; the catacombs. Even though it's a great idea it seemed sort of misplaced. I kept thinking, "Way back in 1979, all Laurie had to do was crawl out under the house, through the vast sewer system."
Mr. Knowitall says: Laurie never faced off against Michael at the Myers' house in Halloween 1 & 2. The only time she's been there was when she had to drop off a key that her father, the real estate agent, gave her in the first act of Halloween.

The Myers' House was prominent in Halloween 5 and Halloween 6, or Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers. In Halloween 5, Jamie and Dr. Loomis had to run all over the place in that house. However, the house in Halloween 5 was very different - big and Victorian style. They chose a bad location to film.

EDIT: Yes, thank you, Shape, you said it before I did.

Duh! Your so right!

I guess what I meant was the caves seem to stretch all through Haddonfield and if Laurie had only looked in the cellar...ah..forget it...I messed up.

repeat?
i just said that the houses chosen in halloweens 5 and 6 were nothing like the original and that laurie never ran around the myers house at any point of time in the original
nuf said

I See You When You're Sleeping
I'm with celeb on this one. I was totally let down by Resurrection.
H20 was 'okay' and should have left Jamie Lee Curtis in victory at the end. However in Resurrection you find out she killed a cop???? Oh my god. Just seeing the flashback of Michael in cop uniform gave too many village people - YMCA memories. I mean come on, that was a really bad idea. He could of came back without a head and spent the whole film with it in his hands, that would of made a better film.

Catacombes ? What next a secret lab with michael myers clones ?

*sigh*....i guess that resurrection was only for the die hard fans of the series or for maybe true horror movie lovers
i thought they did a great job with it....but i respect your OPINION about the movie too

Hey, 'm not saying I don't like it, I was just let down by it 'cause H2O was good. I do love the series.

alright ....i was just bringing up the point that so many of the big time fans (such as myself) could and would not believe that they would kill michael in such a ho-hum way
he'll never die but if they do decide to stop the series for any reason for a while then he'll go out with a BANG!
hehe

The could always do a "Friday the 13 " device, where a demented person copycats Michael, but you actually think it's him right up to the end.

yeah but that whole thing has been over done and besides..it is a little lame now
AND we're looking to add to the body count for MICHAEL not some lame-o demented thorn cult follower
hmm...but then again that would have finally tied in halloween 6 to the new gen. of halloween
and by doing that you would be tying in halloweens 4 and 5 as well
then they would have to explain jamie lloyd(sp?)
and that would be complicated
hmm
dont' mind my ramblings lol

What I'd Hate To See

Making him into a super Killer like jason in the bad x (no offence r3port3r66 but I felt it was a bit camp)

What I'd Like To See

hmmm.... I don't know. Ideas ?