Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Always loved this movie.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Isle of Dogs. Beautiful animation and cute which i needed at the time, but i havent seen the end yet.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

The Leisure Seeker (2018)

I don't know what is sadder, this movie or the dame's wig.

Welcome to the human race...
Jurassic World -

how did I ever think that this was better than The Lost World

Funny Games (1997)

I watched this many years ago, and also the English language version shortly after it came out. I basically look at them as the same, although I think this original is a little better. I didn't care for either of them. I usually don't rewatch movies I don't like, unless I figure they seemed like the type I should love. This happened with movies like No Country for Old Men, Con-Air, The Wrestler, and McCabe and Mrs. Miller. I loved all of those on my second viewing. It didn't happen with this movie but I did like it a little more. I wish it were directed by someone else who didn't have an agenda. Michael Haneke is an interesting and talented filmmaker, but he often wants to give his message. Sometimes it works fine, but I generally don't give a crap about his personal views. I think in this movie it's too blatantly obvious what he's trying to say, and it takes me out of the experience a bit. Ditto for breaking the 4th wall, I hate that. Otherwise, this is my kind of movie.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
A Generation - 7.5/10
My favorite of this trilogy. It seemed authentic, as opposed to 99% of movies during WWII that go overboard, instead of how it actually looked and was.

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)

I watched this long ago as a teen. The only thing I remembered was a vision of Jimmy Stewart going off in a courtroom. This is a sequel to Mr. Deeds Goes to Town, which I watched last week. Although this movie seems to be the more beloved classic, I found Mr. Deeds and Gary Cooper to be far superior. I thought this was ok but a bit overdone, same with Stewart's performance.

Funny Games (1997)

I watched this many years ago, and also the English language version shortly after it came out. I basically look at them as the same, although I think this original is a little better. I didn't care for either of them. I usually don't rewatch movies I don't like, unless I figure they seemed like the type I should love. This happened with movies like No Country for Old Men, Con-Air, The Wrestler, and McCabe and Mrs. Miller. I loved all of those on my second viewing. It didn't happen with this movie but I did like it a little more. I wish it were directed by someone else who didn't have an agenda. Michael Haneke is an interesting and talented filmmaker, but he often wants to give his message. Sometimes it works fine, but I generally don't give a crap about his personal views. I think in this movie it's too blatantly obvious what he's trying to say, and it takes me out of the experience a bit. Ditto for breaking the 4th wall, I hate that. Otherwise, this is my kind of movie.
didn't like this movie at all maybe I would rewatch it one day

Mississippi Grind (2015)

Liked this, a quirky film that keeps up the interest, both leads are excellent.

didn't like this movie at all maybe I would rewatch it one day
I didn't think it was great but as a low budget thriller it hit the mark. Hanekes stuff is divisive I admit.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
The Informer (1935)

Victor McLaglen won the best actor Oscar as an ex IRA member who turns in his best buddy for a reward. He has to deal with the consequences, being his guilt and everyone he knows trying to figure out who the informer is. John Ford directs, and he does a spectacular job at putting the viewer into this world.
I'll have to check this one out. THANKS cricket!!

For me:

Pygmalion (1939)
+++ Having grown up on My Fair Lady is quite the disservice that I had not heard of, and when I finally did, actually watch the film that MFL was based on.
Quite a fun rendition with everyone, right down to some of the secondary actors that stood out, doing a very splendid job.

Side Note: when I found this image there was a link to a story regarding the writer, Bernard Shaw and how he hated the ending that replaced the one he wrote. How Pygmalion went from feminist manifesto to chick flick