Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Unregistered User
This is one I didn't finish, but "Salesman" is one of the greatest documentaries, and I really think you'd like it.The one on Marlon Brando is good as well.. I thought about trying to see that again...

Here's the ENTIRE doc -

Salesman is already on my list to watch but had forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me, I'll get to it asap. Is the Brando one, Listen to Me Marlon? If so, I've already seen it and loved it. Great doc.

Cheers Matt.

None of the adjectives used in the poster applied to this. I would call it boring. It is well filmed and acted but it's so slow and the plot is kind of eh. Post apocalyptic survival story about paranoia and a dude living alone when two women (mom and daughter) suddenly appear and essentially move in. There's a fair amount of gardening, sex, slurping up vegetable water and very little dialogue. Complications soon arise then it ends. The problem with this film is I never cared for any of the characters (except the cameo from the rabbit) so who cares if they live or die - ergo no suspense.

Unregistered User

Cleo from 5 to 7 (1962)

What a great, easy-to-watch film. It helps that Cleo is such a wonderful, loveable character, shown walking the streets of beautiful Paris. Honestly, I probably could've just watched her walking the streets for 90 minutes without anything else going on.

Great film.

+

Starcrash (Luigi Cozzi, 1978)

Vaguely reminiscent of something but can't for the life of me think what

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Starcrash (Luigi Cozzi, 1978)

Vaguely reminiscent of something but can't for the life of me think what
A masterpiece and a much better film than any Star Wars, you hater!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

A night to forget! Watched with some friends last night, they choose this films, they aren't my friends anymore.

It's getting worse at every view!

Tom Hanks was good!

A Dangerous Method (David Cronenberg, 2011)
+
Cupid and psyche

Fargo

Loved it! Great how they fitted it all in to a 1h and 30min movie. Could have been longer, cause I loved every second of that polite small town vibe turned bad. Would love to see more of the Lundegaard storyline as well, felt like they cut it short at the end. Don't know if that would've made it a better movie, but it would have satisfied my curiosity. Loved the Swede in this.

8/10

This might just do nobody any good.
Hmm, not sure what else you could get from Jerry’s story.

Peter Stormare? He's brilliant .
Yes. Brilliant indeed!

Speaking of pasta versions, did anyone catch Starcrash?
Bad, bad movie, but I loved it! Especially Caroline Munro and her enormous talent(s). Also, the great, cheap effects, like the spaceships that looked like they were built out of whatever was lying around in the poor director's backyard. And the Southern-talking robot. And once again, the main draw: Caroline Munro as Stella Star. Hey, Stella!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
The Blues Brothers. Rewatch # I cant count that high. Whoever said I loathe musicals needs tobe shot.

Oh yea, that was me. Nevermind.

Most interesting man in the world

I have. It was pretty fun. Of course Morricone's soundtrack deserves mention, and Kirk Douglas delivered.
It's on my watchlist.. but I can't find any videos of it in English on YouTube.. apparently it's also known as " ring of fire"..? Is the movie in English or Italian ?

4d man 1959. 6 / 10

"Two brothers, scientists Scott and Tony Nelson, develop an amplifier which enables a person to enter a 4th dimensional state, allowing him to pass through any object. Scott experiments on himself and discovers that each time he passes through something he ages rapidly. He begins killing people, sucking out their life energies and regaining his youth as a result. It falls to Tony and Scott's girlfriend, Linda, to try to put a stop to his murderous rampage."

-good movie,the ending could be better..I didn't know patty Duke was in it til I saw her name at the beginning.. shes very young here..her role isn't big

- sounds alot like the " hollow man" movies..

Last Shift (2014) - 5/10. Meh. And bad makeup.
Swept Under (2015) - 3.5/10. Poor.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Room 666This was awesome. I have a strong interest to study things retrospectively. In the last few weeks I have really enjoyed watching documentaries about those involved in the movies. 1982 was the final chapter of decadence in the Arts that I love so much and sadly to say it was the year I was born