What If They Had Today's Technology in 1968?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Everyone had their own YouTube channel, etc... But, you also have TMZ everywhere.

Maybe "social" media would be a short fad? Maybe there would be less concerts, and more musicians staying home and making music, instead of drinking a shit-load to get rid of the nerves to play a live concert with 20,000 people. I don't think social movements would not have moved as fast. Instead of people out in the streets, they're doing "their citizen's duty" from their couch instead.

I would have been bored a lot less as a kid. But I might never have left the house. I am 60 and school was pretty bad for me. I can not imagine how awful it would have been with social media. I probably would have been radicalized on Reddit in some way. I would have gone into computer technology because "what the hell, why not." The crazy conspiracy theories would probably be coming from the left rather than the right. If this happened in 68, we would actually have politicians who are tech savvy and capable of understanding and making decisions about a computer influenced world in 2022. And we would all be fat and chair bound watching screens a la Wall-E being entertained by AI written drama.