Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

Tools    

53% Tomatometer on 134 reviews.

Terrific imagery and FX, but seriously befuddled in the plot department. I think they've drained the last blood from this franchise.

Boldly going.
Quantumania reminded me of Alice in Wonderland. Antman and the Wasp and their family get sucked down a small hole into a tiny realm filled with fantastical creatures. They meet a grinning cat (MODOK), they get chased by faceless soldiers, and they're confronted by a wicked queen (in this case, a king, Kang). I'm not sure which character Bill Murray aligns with - Mad Hatter, perhaps?
WARNING: "ending" spoilers below
It does feel like a weird fairy tale, and at the end of the movie, nothing much has changed: Scott is a little closer to his daughter, and that's about it.

This movie could have been a lot better.

A system of cells interlinked
A rare DNF for me. This film was just too silly, and I found myself not caring about what happened fairly quickly. It wasn't long before I decided I could be spending my time doing something more rewarding, so I shut it down. No rating, as I didn't make it past 40 mins or so.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Near the bottom of my MCU tier and of the year for sure.

Suspect's Reviews