The Greatest Characters NOT Yet Put to Film

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Turin Turambar- The greatest warrior from the LOTR stories. Short story from "The Silmarillon" and from the book "The Children of Hurin". this guy will make Aragorn look like a whining pussy.

What characters do you think will one day rise to greatness if their films get made?

And don't say ****ing Christian Grey!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Me.

I mean, it would be a movie about a social outcast guy, but damn it would be great!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I think that a lot of video-games characters could transition well on the big-screen, and we're going to get that opportunity down the line, as well. Assassin's Creed, God of War, Splinter Cell, Ratchet and Clank, and Gears of War to name a few.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I think that a lot of video-games characters could transition well on the big-screen, and we're going to get that opportunity down the line, as well. Assassin's Creed, God of War, Splinter Cell, Ratchet and Clank, and Gears of War to name a few.
yeah for sure. Also I'm wondering what comic book characters there are that will be great that we haven't seen yet.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Andrew Ryan. Honestly if It was a great director on board like say peter jackson or guillermo del toro, I think a Bioshock movie could be great. If the rating is a heavy R,and the movie captures Bioshock's atmosphere and art style it could be something grand.What do you guys think?

Agree with the thinking of Mr Minio...

Me.

The Rodent has yet to be put to screen properly.

Think Blade crossed with The Terminator, Batman, Spider Man and effects from The Matrix... and you're still not close.

Aren't they making an Assassin's Creed with Michael Fassbender? Red Dead Redemption I think would be awesome as well, I don't think it would be too hard to transform into a film because Westerns are pretty much pre-defined stylistically, but I enjoy the characters/stories from the game.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Andrew Ryan. Honestly if It was a great director on board like say peter jackson or guillermo del toro, I think a Bioshock movie could be great. If the rating is a heavy R,and the movie captures Bioshock's atmosphere and art style it could be something grand.What do you guys think?
But there's the problem that the main character is a bit lacking in personality...

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Sounds great, I love BioShock, although I do think it'd be tough to make.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Yeah it's probably never going to happen. It would be extremely expensive to make, and they would probably tone it down to a PG-13 rating to appeal to the general masses.One could dream though.

F****** Christian Grey!

Just kiddin'

I totally agree with what a poster above wrote ^ Andrew Ryan.
And I would love to see the little sisters come to life

Welcome to the human race...
Having recently read Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian, I do have to wonder what a cinematic version of The Judge would be like. Physically grotesque, incredibly intelligent and one of the purest villains ever committed to paper.

On a lighter note, Ignatius J. Reilly from John Kennedy Toole's A Confederacy of Dunces would be great, but seeing as a film version of that particular book seems to have a curse around it we'll probably never see it happen.

How about Belgarion , Belgareth and Polgara from the Belgariad series of books???

I think the story is one that really should be addressed and bought to the big screen

Pele!

"Do you know what 'Nemesis' means?"
Immacolata from Clive Barker's 'Weaveworld'

One proviso - I think only Guillermo Del Toro would have the vision to do that book justice