Remakes You Want!?

Tools    

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Is there any remakes that you'd actually like to see?

Remakes have subsequently become the movie industry's bread and butter, and I think it's easy to see why, there's not a whole lot of originality required, but with only just a considerable amount of tweaking, you can create something entirely new. For some series', this has turned out to be for the best, things like The Dark Knight trilogy come to mind, in the sense that they weren't as much remakes as they were an entirely new imagination for what a movie could be. For superheroes, at least, I think it can be a good thing, as I am always looking to see them evolve into something different. There's also rarely noted things like Scarface were actually remakes that created something entirely different and innovative. However, there is other-times where it can be a little much. I remember the 1997 Psycho movie that they did with Vince Vaugn, as well as the remakes of things like A Nightmare on Elm Street, a kind-of, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," kind-of vibe is given off, at least to me.

However, with this being said, are there actually any remakes that you'd like to see, maybe because you think that there remains a considerable amount of potential with the series if modernly imaged, and done right? I think there is, and at least for me, I'd like to see a remake of Stephen King's It. The movie has always been something that I have a mixed bag for, because, in all honesty, the original wasn't necessarily tremendous, however, I always thought that it had potential. The movie basically came across like a clown variation of Freddy Krueger, with the ability to psychedelically and psychologically torment the victim, which is something always more interesting than the stereotypical slasher flick.

I think that I'd also like to see a remake of The Crow, which, I know, is a, "Ain't broke" moment, but I'd like to see it. I think that there remains stories to be told with The Crow idea, and to be honest, the three sequels that they had left a bad taste in my mouth. I'd like to see something reminiscent to The Crow, not necessarily going back to the Eric Draven stories, but a vengeance story with somebody dawning the white and black face-paint.

I would never have suggested this, but I saw a guys explanation on another page a few months ago, and I kind of agree...

It's Back to the Future...

The original was 1985, to 1955. So instead of that, we go from 2015, to 1985.

Back to the Future 2 was set in 2015. So instead of that, set it in 2045.

Back to the Future 3 was set in 1885, So instead of that, set it in 1915.

Everything being 30 years in advance (since it's been 30 years since the original, well almost).

Every movie would be different from the original because we would have different expectations for the future, and the past would be different because the years (where we know what happened, would be 30 years in the future. Part 3 would be especially different because it would be set in the middle of World War 1. Instead of Indians, they come across the middle of a battlefield.

There is so much that could be changed, and I actually think this could be a good idea.

We now know however that the original ideas where more advanced than the actual future. We still have dreams of flying cars for 2045, but we can't produce the same movie as they did 30 years ago. You'd need instant teleporting cars without the flight time, things to make it look like a 30 year advancement from Back to the Future 2.

For the people who saw Back to the Future 1 (the original) , part one will be boring, because 1985 wouldn't be a surprise to us (as 1955 was for my generation), the remake will be aimed more for the teenagers of today. Our generation (early 30's) would be more surprised by the futuristic outlook in Part 2, and the completely change of the war zone in Part 3.

What do you think of this?

I actually wouldn't mind a remake of The Birds. I never liked the original, and I think an update could work. Of course, it would have to have the right director, which probably wouldn't happen.

I actually wouldn't mind a remake of The Birds.
It is suppose to be getting a remake and closer to the original story by Daphne du Maurier. Also a few more mentioned in here were suppose to be getting remakes: The Crow, and IT. Haven't heard anything about these remakes since I heard they were getting made a year or so ago.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I would love a remake of Shy People. There is a movie that I really want to see in there somewhere, but the original has so many glaring flaws it's hard to get past.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Oh yeah, I also want The Wolfman to be remade again, but this time I want it done right. Benicio can still play Lawrence Talbot, but it needs a new everything else.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
The Stand. It is supposed to be being remade by Affleck, I hope he does a good job with it. I loved that movie the first time. Would love to see it in a more modern aspect.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
It is suppose to be getting a remake and closer to the original story by Daphne du Maurier. Also a few more mentioned in here were suppose to be getting remakes: The Crow, and IT. Haven't heard anything about these remakes since I heard they were getting made a year or so ago.
I haven't heard very much solid information supporting the idea of a The Crow remake, however, last I heard about It was that they were releasing two back-to-back movies for it. I presume that one would be them fighting Pennywise as children, and the other would be as adults.

"Do you know what 'Nemesis' means?"
last I heard about It was that they were releasing two back-to-back movies for it. I presume that one would be them fighting Pennywise as children, and the other would be as adults.
It would be good to see IT remade - the TV version was OK, but they're always going to come up against the dificulty of showing Pennywise as he really is (no more rubber spiders, please) & to adequately portray the Deadlights.

Hadn't heard The Stand was rumoured - now that's one which could be made well (certainly better than the TV version...), but such a long book, there's a great deal would need to be cut (although to be fair the book - excellent though it is - has a fair bit of padding).

One I hope never happens, despite the rumours circulating this last couple of years, is Hellraiser. Yes, it's a bit creaky these days, yes, some of the acting leaves something to be desired, but I have to say I could not take anyone other than Doug Bradley seriously playing Pinhead - they've tried it in some of the execrable later Hellraiser movies & no-one has that mix of gravitas, humour, spite & (almost) playfulness he brought to the role.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I think they should remake LOTR, I mean they remade Spiderman after like 5 years so why not LOTR. While they are at it they should reboot Harry Potter too.

I'm not real huge on remakes and reboots but I one movie that I liked but felt missed out on some great stuff is Something Wicked This Way Comes. It's hard to imagine anyone more perfect than the late Jason Robards in the lead but if they can get past that casting and the part of Mr. Dark, it could work.

The first movie over-simplified things and either due to the budget or the special effects of the time, vital sequences were toned down or dropped completely. Or maybe it was because Disney produced it. It came out more kid-friendly than the book.

As for casting, the only person I can think of for Mr. Dark is Jude Law, with the proper make-up and hair appliances, of course. Dark and the role of Charles Halloway are the two most vital, to me. I can't think of two young actors to fill the roles of Jim and Will because, frankly, I can't think of two young actors working steadily in films, off the top of my head.

I am the Watcher in the Night
I said this a few months back in a similar thread that I think a Ghostbusters remake could work. Obviously modern day special effects would be a key but a whole new crop of comedians could get in there and create the Ghostbusters experience of the 21st century.

Not sure about a remake exactly but a redo of Young Guns wouldn't go amiss.

More cast members that accurately portray the people involved and a longer more indepth film overall to fully expain the 6 month period of The Lincoln County War...

I posted a while back about my own thoughts on a Lincoln County film which would be at least 3 hours long and contain numerous heavy gunfights and a cast in the hundreds with well over 30 main actors for the bulk of the central cast.

As for The Crow... no. Lee was fantastic and a remake should be boycotted if it ever gets made.

I'd like to see a full on redo of Jurassic Park though. Kept closer to the book.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a reimagining of some of the 80s creature features like Gremlins and Ghoulies... Critters was great in its time but the sequels spoiled it, it would and could be awesome with the right treatment...

Troll is being remade soon and I'm looking forward to it. It'll open a few eyes up, that's for sure.

There's a Leprachaun remake soon too.

Maybe this is the start of the mini creatures making a comeback.

i vote a spawn remake. and a ghost rider remake.... but with cage far far away.

Id like to see a decent remake of King Solomon's Mines. The 1950 original was great, the Richard Chamberlain remake was stupid, but Haggard's original story was epic. With modern technology they could make one hell of a great movie if its done right.