MoFo Fantasy Football 2022 - The Season

Tools    

The trick is not minding
I, too, prefer the head to head matchups results having some meaning. I took a few bad beats last year with literal last minute losses, but if I had a decent TE or actually had a decent flex in those games, I would have won and finished 7-7, instead of 5-9. That would have given me the 6th and final playoff spot over Beantown (higher point total). I was the 5th highest scoring team as well. *

That’s the way it goes some times. So I feel Tongos pain, although I never had the misfortune to lose to a D on Monday night. Although Parrotheads did beat me with his kicker on Monday night my first year.

All those games you're describing were not really random, though: Norwood missed the kick. Can a kick/catch/play turn on very tiny things? Sure. But it all happens on the field, against the team you're actually playing, where your opponent has some influence. Maybe the defensive line forced him to rush it. Maybe the weather factored in...weather that both teams had to contend with. None of that exists in fantasy.

The H2H aspect in fantasy football creates the impression of a matchup, but there isn't one, at all. It's actually no different than if everybody counted up their points and then you rolled dice to see which ones were "playing" each other. I think if we did that it would be obvious how nutty it is, but the facsimile of a matchup, done only by moving the randomness to before the games rather than after, kinda tricks the brain into making it feel more like football.

Man I'm good at slotting guys in who get knocked out in the first quarter. Seriously. There should be some kind of award!

If that wasn't the worst NFL game I have ever seen, it is in the "top" three.

Wow.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Glad I skipped that game!

Also: Thanks for the fun graphic HP!

The trick is not minding
My matchup with The Empire is going to be interesting. He has Kyler Murray and I have his top 3 targets in Brown, Ertz and Connor. Again, I swear I didn’t intentionally draft 3 Cardinals. 👀

If that wasn't the worst NFL game I have ever seen, it is in the "top" three.

Wow.
So bad that Melvin Gordons stare glare at Russell Wilson went viral.

The trick is not minding
The football gods had to remind Holden that his season hinges on their whims.

“Oh? You thought you were going to get through the season without an injury? Say goodbye to Penny. Foolish mortal.”

*insert mocking laugh from the Football Gods*

The trick is not minding
Speaking of injuries, Connor went down again, and then I proceeded to lose his Backup,Williams, as well; which may be more serious.

And Bateman was already out.

The football gods had to remind Holden that his season hinges on their whims.

“Oh? You thought you were going to get through the season without an injury? Say goodbye to Penny. Foolish mortal.”

*insert mocking laugh from the Football Gods*
Ah but the good news is Holden will be getting his "free win of the season" matchup next, me. Ive taken a perverse pleasure now in my Unwinnable streak. It has no weight unless I try and play as smart as I can with what I have to work with, but still lose. The more ridiculous turn of events make it even sweeter. Im sick.

A system of cells interlinked
I made roster error at the last minute, but with Holden's guys getting banged up, it didn't matter.

GG Holden - we're on to next week!

Yahoo graded me an F this week. Thanks for that. Like I have control over nearly half my lineup not playing. Not that it would have mattered. But still... take it easy Yahoo. You're hurting my feelers.

This write up is a day late. I attended a funeral yesterday. It wasn't in fact a funeral for my Fantasy Team's chances, but it may as well have been.

My "gamble" in picking up Derek Henry with my first pick has paid off. Unlike McCaffery and Taylor who were ranked ahead of him on the board, he started out a little slowly but is now in primetime form. 102 yards on the ground, 30 in the air, and a pair of TDs against Washington. Rumble on, Big Fella! But...that was almost literally all I had last week.

Rashaad Penny, who looked like he might actually be ascending to fill Carson's shoes as Seattle's go-to back, broke his leg in the loss to New Orleans. He's out for the season. Who does that leave me to start in my second RB slot behind The King? Frankly, nobody. Chase Edmonds started in my FLEX spot in Week 5. He had ONE rushing yard in one attempt in Miami's drubbing by The Jets. A single yard. That ain't gonna work. Mostert has gone from the slightly favored back to they absolutely won't give the ball to Edmonds. The only other RBs on my roster were Rex Burkhead and Gus Edwards. Edwards is still designated as PUP though may be coming back to Baltimore's roster in the next week or three, though when he does it is a crowded field. None of them look like much of a suitable every week starter. Alas.

In more bad news, Darren Waller, who has under-performed all year, played in just two series against The Chiefs on MNF before exiting with his lingering hamstring issue. Nobody is going to replace what a healthy Waller should be getting me, but I at least have better equivalents than Chase Edmonds for my TE slot. Cincinnati's Hayden Hurst is becoming a favored target for Burrow and The Saints seem to be leaning more towards the Wildcat skills of Taysom Hill, who is designated as both a QB and a TE by Yahoo.

My WRs were flat in Week 5, with Christian Kirk a non-factor in the loss to Houston and Deebo Samuel not needing to perform many heroics in SF's blowout of Carolina. I do have the greatest Field Goal kicker in history on my roster, and while that may help me in close games his 16.00 Fantasy Points were wasted this time out.

Three of my six starting spots (Kirk, Waller, and Edmonds) got me a COMBINED 1.70. Ain't gonna beat anybody with numbers like that. And Sedai's team had a great week with two of his players spiking over 30. No shot.

In Week 6 my only legit topline player, Henry, is off with a BYE. When I say I may not break fifty total points this week, that is not sour grapes. That is math. TONGO's last place, winless squad is projected to majorly kick my ass. That is the direction my prospects are heading.

Que Sera Sera!

Hey all, I accidentally selected the wrong player to drop to even out the trade I just made (it was my fault, I was hurrying to do another thing right after). If nobody objects I'd like to commishify/change it on Sunday morning when the trade goes through It would ultimately come out to the exact same thing as if I hadn't clicked the wrong thingy/won't effect anybody else's choices or options in any way.

If anyone objects I won't do it, though.