Name of obscure horror movie with mother and son in a house

Tools    

dan
I watched this obscure horror movie on a streaming platform sometime either in late 2019 or 2020 (don't recall exactly when but sometime one of these two years) but can't remember or find it's name. I don't exactly remember what streaming platform I watched it on either. I have checked my Netflix watch history and it's not there. So I think it was not on Netflix. I have checked my Hulu watch history as well and I don't think it was there either. I am tending towards either Tubi or Mubi or even Shudder but not really sure. I have tried searching on Google innumerous times but just can't find it. It's NOT one of these movies - The Open House (2018), No One Gets Out Alive (2021)

I remember the scenes in bits and pieces like this:
A hispanic mother and her son move into a new house either in Las Vegas or Arizona or New Mexico (not sure what state but the landscape and house resembles desert) at the end of a street. A police officer visits them and warns them about recent robberies in the area. The mother is undocumented but she signs up for selling a house that she lives with her son inside. She gets calls from the real estate company questioning about her background checks. There is a weird drug addicted old man living in a trailer somewhere near from the house in a desert type landscape that the boy gets involved with. The boy wanders on his own playing with his teddy bear (I think).

dan
Thanks for the response but it's not that movie. The movie looks interesting though and I will add it to my to be watched list for sure.

Thanks for the response but it's not that movie. The movie looks interesting though and I will add it to my to be watched list for sure.
Sorry it's not your film.

And I wouldn't rush to watch Blood Moon, it was pretty so-so.

EDIT: Also, what was "horror" about your movie? Was it a monster? Vampires? Home invasion? If you remember the nature of the scares, it could really help narrow things down.

dan
EDIT: Also, what was "horror" about your movie? Was it a monster? Vampires? Home invasion? If you remember the nature of the scares, it could really help narrow things down.
I can't exactly seem to remember the latter half of the movie. But the horror portion of the movie was possibly the desert homeless / trailer weird man kidnapping the boy or seeming to enter the house and trying to harm the family of two, the mother and the son. I don't exactly remember though if that was the case. I am really trying hard to think but I just can't recall enough. One thing I can tell though is that the name of the movie must have been "catchy" or appealing for me to have clicked on it and start watching. Again I am not absolutely certain if the name wasn't long or boring but the probability of it being something short like one or two worded is quite high.

I can't exactly seem to remember the latter half of the movie. But the horror portion of the movie was possibly the desert homeless / trailer weird man kidnapping the boy or seeming to enter the house and trying to harm the family of two, the mother and the son. I don't exactly remember though if that was the case. I am really trying hard to think but I just can't recall enough. One thing I can tell though is that the name of the movie must have been "catchy" or appealing for me to have clicked on it and start watching. Again I am not absolutely certain if the name wasn't long or boring but the probability of it being something short like one or two worded is quite high.
Gotcha. Well, if you think of any other specifics (like even "in one scene they had lunch at a diner in town") let us know. Those weird little details can sometimes spark someone's memory.

dan
Thanks for the work you are doing to find these movies, they are kind of close to my description of the movie that I have provided, but it's not one of those. Meanwhile, even I am trying to find if I can remember any other details or even the streaming platform that I watched the movie on.

Check out Two Sentence Horror Stories S2.E4 "Hide"