Mouse Recommendation

Tools    

I need a new wireless mouse for my MacBook, USB preferred. Nothing fancy just something that works. Thanks!

I've been using the Logitech M510 for an extremely long time. Every time it goes I get the exact same mouse again. Technically wireless, but with a tiny USB dongle, so maybe that matches your needs. Best mouse I've ever used, usually costs $25-30.

LOL, I thought he meant a real mouse.

I thought he wanted a movie about a mouse.

BTW I use the Logitech Silent M220 it has 'special sauce' It's also for left or right handed users. I use it in my left hand and it's really comfortable...I'm right handed btw but use my mouse in my left hand.

Link
https://techreport.com/news/30809/lo...anti-tr-mouse/

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
This is on the pricey side, but I've had the Logitech MX Master 3 for maybe two years now. It's Bluetooth and has a USB dongle if your computer/laptop doesn't have BT. It charges from a provided USB-C cable that plugs to the front lip of the mouse and can charge while you use it. Or, you can just plug the mouse direct into a USB port and use it as a tethered mouse controller.

At the time, I needed a good mouse that felt right in the hand and had a sensor position closer to my index finger that could detect subtle twisting motions. Most mice (is it mice in this context??) that I've tested seem to have the sensor lower in the body, so as I bend my wrist left or right, the sensor area more or less becomes the pivot point of my motion which makes the motion useless when the sensor doesn't move.

This mouse works as I need it to in drawing apps like Photoshop and Illustrator when a pen interface isn't available. It's wireless though it can be used as a wired device while charging. It has BT memory for up to three different devices that you can select via a 3-way switch on the bottom of the body. I have it synced to my home PC and my laptop. I just flip the switch to a 1, 2, or 3 position depending on which device I'm on and it just works. If I ever install a BT card in my office PC, I'll have the third position in use too. It comes with a dongle if you're not BT capable. Finally, it's just incredibly comfortable and fast with several customization settings for the different buttons, mouse-wheel context menus and different speeds for the scroll based on how you click the wheel as a button. This thing goes everywhere with me.

As to the companion, MX Keys, I cannot offer such praise. While it looks very stylish, the keyboard layout is severely compressed leaving gaps that I would normally feel at my fingertips to help provide a tactile context of where I am along the keyboard nearly nonexistent. This is particularly true for the number and F-key rows. On most keyboards, I can immediately tell where my CTRL, SHIFT, and ALT keys are just by the feel of key width against the edge of my pinky fingertip. Same for when pinky-pressing SHIFT or CTRL then stretching my index finger to the number row or F-key row. Normally, I can tell that I'm on the numbers row for the gap that I can feel above, and that I'm on the F-key row for the gap I sense below. Both rows, on this MX Keys, are as close together as your QWERTY and ASDF rows. I cannot work in the dark with this keyboard, so It's near useless as I constantly have to look down at my hand position before I click any command key combinations. But it sure looks nice, I guess. That alone is not worth the price, IMO. Unless, of course, you grew up on laptops and have little experience with traditional keyboards.

HMMM.

You didn't ask for most of that, but such are the ways of yn. Sorry. I'm just waiting for the day to end, I guess.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I need a new wireless mouse for my MacBook, USB preferred. Nothing fancy just something that works. Thanks!

If possible, you should go to a store and try the mouse before you buy one, or at least buy it from somewhere that it's returnable if you don't like it. It doesn't have to be on a working system to try it. You just need to get a feel for the mouse in your hand.

People have different size hands, so there are many different sizes and styles. Some are fairly standard designs, and some are more ergonomic. The size of your hand and the way you hold the mouse can make a big difference if you use it a lot.

I use a Logitech M325 mouse, which I can usually buy for around $15, or $10 on sale, but I have a fairly small hand, so I wouldn't recommend it for everyone. You have to pick the mouse that feels the most comfortable when you use it.

Thanks for the recs so far guys. And feel free to post pics of actual mice too if that makes you happy.