Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Round 10 NOM

Loudness - Let it Go

A system of cells interlinked
Round 9:
6. Gojira - Another World
Stunned!

Expected this to easily top your list after seeing this record on you top 10 of the year...

Stunned!

Expected this to easily top your list after seeing this record on you top 10 of the year...
Haha, yeah, I know...it's another case of liking it, but liking the other songs above it just a little bit more.
I love Japanese metal, though, so expect good things for your round 10 pick. I think I'll pick some Japanese metal in another round. Stay tuned...

That Volbeat song is most definitely my jam
Glad you like it. I've only listened to the album of the same name, Rock the Rebel/Metal the Devil, Beyond Hell/Above Heaven and Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies, but I recommend all of them.

@Chypmunk, can I change my nomination before the deadline? Not sure yet, but I'm thinking about it. Same band, different song.

@Chypmunk, can I change my nomination before the deadline? Not sure yet, but I'm thinking about it. Same band, different song.
Yeah, sure - change away as many times as you like up until the deadline. I may well change my own nom for something heavier as it happens now that gbg is skipping the next round.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
  1. Death in Vegas - Hands Around My Throat
  2. Gojira - Another World
  3. Miriam Makeba - Orlando
  4. Vincent Neil Emerson - The Ballad of the Choctaw-Apache
  5. Cream - White Room
  6. Jive Bunny and the Mastermixers - Swing The Mood
  7. Volbeat - Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood
  8. King Crimson - I Talk to the Wind
  9. Oleander - I Walk Alone

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
R10:
The Flaming Lips - Silver Trembling Hands

yet another Big Little Lies track. I highly recommend tracking either season's playlist down on YouTube. There are a lot of classics in the mix too, I'm just trying to avoid them here.

Yeah, sure - change away as many times as you like up until the deadline. I may well change my own nom for something heavier as it happens now that gbg is skipping the next round.
Then I think I'm gonna switch to this one...

Round 10

Starsailor - Alcoholic

All voted again

1st - Cream - White Room (58 pts)

2nd - Gojira - Another World (56 pts)
3rd - Volbeat - Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood (50 pts)
4th - Miriam Makeba & The Skylarks - Orlando (48 pts)
5th - Vincent Neil Emerson - The Ballad of the Choctaw-Apache (47 pts)
6th - King Crimson - I Talk to the Wind (45 pts)
6th - Death in Vegas - Hands Around My Throat (45 pts)
8th - Oleander - I Walk Alone (30 pts)
9th - Jive Bunny and the Mastermixers - Swing The Mood (26 pts)

Grats to Speling on getting yet another through to the final

Round ten up in a half hour 'n' a bit or thereabouts....

Gbg takes a break this time but both hk and Swan return to make it ten for ten....

Hard round to rank imo. Shame the only version of my nom I could find on YT was a live one, my favourite track off their sophomore album and I'm possibly ranking it partly on my familiarity with that studio version. I don't expect it to fare that well on other people's ballots but wanted to at least give it an airing in one of these.

1. Wallack - Dennis Hopper Is Dead
  2. Starsailor - Alcoholic
  3. Loudness - Let it Go
  4. The Flaming Lips - Silver Trembling Hands
  5. Iamdoechii - Spooky Coochie
  6. The Godd*mn Gallows - Y'all Motherf*ckers Need Jesus
  7. The White Stripes - Stop Breaking Down
  8. Al Stewart - Year of the Cat
  9. Crying - Roy Orbison
  10. U2 Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

My R11 nom:
Devil Doll - Faith In Love

Congrats, SpelingError!

Round 10 list:

1. Al Stewart - Year of the Cat
2. Starsailor - Alcoholic: I like this band a lot. Way To Fall would have been in the same place.
3. Loudness - Let it Go: Awesome piece of Japanese metal. I love how precise their sound is.
4. The White Stripes - Stop Breaking Down
5. Roy Orbison - Crying
6. Iamdoechii - Spooky Coochie: Funny stuff.
7. The Godd*mn Gallows - Y'all Motherf*ckers Need Jesus
8. Wallack - Dennis Hopper Is Dead
9. U2 - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me: Not bad, but still not my favorite era of U2.
10. The Flaming Lips - Silver Trembling Hands: Sorry, I've tried, but I just can't get in to this band. They're too clever for me or something.