6. Michael Franti & Spearhead - Say Hey I Love You
7. Jo-El Sonnier - Tear-Stained Letter
8. Body Count - KKK Bitch
9. Twin Tribes - Shadows
10. Roxy Music - Love Is the Drug
11. Eminem - Book of Rhymes
12. Tate McRae - you broke me first
13. Tom Waits - Tango Till They're Sore

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
All voted again and I think we all know what that means....

1st - The Great Pretender - The Platters (129 pts)

Grats to Speling on getting yet another through to the final and making sure the inaugural Yin/Speling head-to-head match is still on

Congratulations @SpelingError!

A system of cells interlinked
Round 7 NOM

Lights - Toes

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
1) Jo-El Sonnier - Tear-Stained Letter
2) Tate McRae - you broke me first (This song would have been #1 on my list, but I didn't really like her voice.)
3) Roxy Music - Love Is the Drug
4) Morphine - Buena
5) Fortunate Son - Creedence Clearwater Revival
6) Kanye West - Flashing Lights
7) Twin Tribes - Shadows
8) Rainbow - Stargazer
9) Michael Franti & Spearhead - Say Hey I Love You
10) Eminem - Book of Rhymes
11) Tom Waits - Tango Till They're Sore
12) Amorphis - My Kantele
13) Body Count - KKK Bitch

1. Tom Waits - Tango Till They're Sore
2. Morphine - Buena
3. Kanye West - Flashing Lights
4. Rainbow - Stargazer
5. Body Count - KKK Bitch
6. Roxy Music - Love Is the Drug
7. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son
8. Amorphis - My Kantele
9. Jo-El Sonnier - Tear-Stained Letter
10. Twin Tribes - Shadows
11. Tate McRae - you broke me first
12. Michael Franti & Spearhead - Say Hey I Love You
13. Eminem - Book of Rhymes

01: Rainbow - Stargazer
02: Twin Tribes - Shadows
03: Tom Waits - Tango Till They're Sore
04: Fortunate Son - Creedence Clearwater Revival
05: Amorphis - My Kantele
06: Morphine - Buena
07: Jo-El Sonnier - Tear-Stained Letter
08: Roxy Music - Love Is the Drug
09: Kanye West - Flashing Lights
10: Michael Franti & Spearhead - Say Hey I Love You
11: Tate McRae - you broke me first
12: Eminem - Book of Rhymes
13: Body Count - KKK Bitch

1. Eminem - Book of Rhymes
2. Twin Tribes - Shadows
3. Tate McRae - you broke me first
4. Roxy Music - Love is the Drug
5. Body Count - KKK Bitch
6. Amorphis - My Kantele
7. Kanye West - Flashing Lights
8. Michael Franti & Spearhead - Say Hey I Love You
9. Jo-El Sonnier - Tear-Stained Letter
10. CCR - Fortunate Son
11. Morphine - Buena
12. Rainbow - Stargazer
13. Tom Waits - Tango Till They're Sore

R6
Dorothy Moore - Misty Blue

Sorry, I'm checking out the songs now. Hadn't had a chance to check them out (although I had listened to the Eminem and CCR ones before). Will try to vote later tonight.

Ok, it took this game for me to willingly listen to a Kanye song for the first time...

I feel like some of the hate Kanye West gets is more due to his behavior (interrupting Taylor Swift at the music video awards or his "George Bush doesn't care about black people" quote) rather than the actual quality of his music. I'm not necessarily a fan of his music per se, but I do think he makes some pretty solid stuff and that some people are too harsh on his music.

I feel like some of the hate Kanye West gets is more due to his behavior (interrupting Taylor Swift at the music video awards or his "George Bush doesn't care about black people" quote) rather than the actual quality of his music. I'm not necessarily a fan of his music per se, but I do think he makes some pretty solid stuff and that some people are too harsh on his music.
I can't speak to the quality of his music, since I think this is the first I've (knowingly) heard of him, but even though rap is not totally my thing, I think I consciously do avoid his stuff because I find his overall attitude and persona so off-putting. Anyway, "Flashing Lights" wasn't a bad song, but I don't think it's gonna rank that high on my list.

Speaking of which, I already listened to all the songs once and, although I kinda have an idea of which ones were my favorites and which ones weren't, I wanna give them all that second spin.

I can't speak to the quality of his music, since I think this is the first I've (knowingly) heard of him, but even though rap is not totally my thing, I think I consciously do avoid his stuff because I find his overall attitude and persona so off-putting. Anyway, "Flashing Lights" wasn't a bad song, but I don't think it's gonna rank that high on my list.

Speaking of which, I already listened to all the songs once and, although I kinda have an idea of which ones were my favorites and which ones weren't, I wanna give them all that second spin.
He's definitely a dick and a weirdo, but I do think he writes some solid stuff. If you're not a fan of rap, I don't know how well you'd respond to his music, but if you're curious, I'd recommend his album Jesus is King as a starting point. It's a good place to start.

By the way, sorry if my prior post felt as if it was targeted at you as that wasn't my intention. I'm actually referring to people who critique his music that haven't listened to his work.

He's definitely a dick and a weirdo, but I do think he writes some solid stuff. If you're not a fan of rap, I don't know how well you'd respond to his music, but if you're curious, I'd give his stuff a shot.

By the way, sorry if my prior post felt as if it was targeted at you as that wasn't my intention. I'm actually referring to people who critique his music that haven't listened to his work.
Not at all, man.

I think I've said it before here but I do like some rap/hip hop stuff. I like some stuff like Eminem, 2Pac, OutKast, Snoop Dogg, Dre, Run DMC, and others I might not know their names... but mostly older/mainstream stuff. It's not a genre I get out of my way to listen to, but I can check out that album.