4. Jack White - Love is Blindness
5. Le Cassette - You Are You Are
6. Icecross - Nightmare
7. U2 - Desire
8. Wade Hayes - What I Meant to Say
9. Unheilig - Zwischen Licht Und Schatten
10. Chris Cornell - Follow My Way
11. Joan Baez - Rejoice in the Sun

U2 - Desire - My theme for the last contest was Songs I love by artists I don't. I missed waaay too many rounds and so didn't get through all the choices I'd brought together, so I thought I'd burn a few of them in this one.

Le Cassette - You Are You Are - Oh, I'm liking this. Not heard it before. I'm assuming this is neo-80's rather than the real thing? After getting My Hot Red Car wrong I'm not as confident.

Icecross - Nightmare - I'm digging this. If it keeps it up it'll end up high.

Jack White - Love Is Blindness - Very reminiscent of the late 60's. Liked it.

Pony Bradshaw - Dope Mountain - As some/most of you know, I don't watch the videos, but obviously I have to start the song and that cover made my heart sink. Not actually as bad as I feared. In fact it grew on me a little.

Unheilig - Zwischen Licht Und Schatten - I quite like this. It's kind of just there, but that's ok for me today.

Chris Cornell - Follow My Way - This remind me very much of something else but I'll be darned if I can remember what the bloody hell it is. Anyway, it's Ok. I should probably listen to it again because I spent most of this listen trying to remember what it reminded me of.

Joan Baez - Rejoice in the Sun - Hellllloooo hippy crap. But it is quite nice and, thankfully, not too long.

Chuck Berry - Almost Grown - Like much 50's stuff it's ok but goes on too long dispite not hitting the 3 (3 1/2) minute mark.

Wade Hayes - What I Meant to Say - It's a shame he didn't not sing it. But it's not going to be last because it's not a call out.

2Pac - Hit 'Em Up - Sounds like someone would want to shut him up? Oh, they did.

Le Cassette - You Are You Are - Oh, I'm liking this. Not heard it before. I'm assuming this is neo-80's rather than the real thing? After getting My Hot Red Car wrong I'm not as confident.
It is! Glad you like it. It's from 2012.
I found it by searching on the #80s hashtag on SoundCloud. It's one of the best finds on that website I've made.
I love the vocals, which have kind of a Michael Hutchence vibe. Their songs Electric Paradise and their cover of Cyndi Lauper's Time After Time are also worth checking out.

2Pac - Hit 'Em Up - Sounds like someone would want to shut him up? Oh, they did.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
  1. Chris Cornell - Follow My Way
    Any time a song from Cornell's Euphoria Morning (well, anything from Cornell works), I have to comment. This album kinda blew my mind on release and felt like a soundtrack to life. IMO, there is not a weak track on this album, but for some ("Follow My Way" may, unfortunately be one) that needs to be heard in the context of its release date to appreciate. I mean coming from Soundgarden, this was pretty high contrast in tone and texture. While some of the sounds may feel dated today, you can't really ignore this as a starting point for "Nearly Forgot My Broken Heart". I've bought this album (CD) a handful of times just to give it away to people hoping that they might love it as much as I did. As much as I still do. While I don't listen to this nearly as much as I should, I will, occasionally, spool up "Sweet Euphoria", "When I'm Down" (OMG the vocals in that!) and "Steel Rain". The latter of which highlights a mind-bending guitar solo by co-producer and guitarist, Alain Johannes. If nothing else, I hope you all at least skip to that clip and check it out too.

2. U2 - Desire
    Can't go wrong with U2. This MIGHT have been my first experience with them. I need to go back through their stuff to be sure. I admit I got sidetracked with Pop. Still a great song after so long.

3. Jack White - Love Is Blindness
    I love this song, but I'm afraid respect dictates that U2 goes first, considering this was their cover. Funny U2 was nominated the same round!

4. Pony Bradshaw - Dope Mountain

5. 2Pac - Hit 'Em Up

6. Le Cassette - You Are You Are

7. Wade Hayes - What I Meant to Say

8. Icecross - Nightmare
    Vocals aren't really for me, but I dig the band's sound.

9. Joan Baez - Rejoice in the Sun

10. Chuck Berry - Almost Grown

11. Unheilig - Zwischen Licht Und Schatten

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Chris Cornell - Follow My Way
Any time a song from Cornell's Euphoria Morning (well, anything from Cornell works), I have to comment. This album kinda blew my mind on release and felt like a soundtrack to life. IMO, there is not a weak track on this album, but for some ("Follow My Way" may, unfortunately be one) that needs to be heard in the context of its release date to appreciate. I mean coming from Soundgarden, this was pretty high contrast in tone and texture. While some of the sounds may feel dated today, you can't really ignore this as a starting point for "Nearly Forgot My Broken Heart". I've bought this album (CD) a handful of times just to give it away to people hoping that they might love it as much as I did. As much as I still do. While I don't listen to this nearly as much as I should, I will, occasionally, spool up "Sweet Euphoria", "When I'm Down" (OMG the vocals in that!) and "Steel Rain". The latter of which highlights a mind-bending guitar solo by co-producer and guitarist, Alain Johannes. If nothing else, I hope you all at least skip to that clip and check it out too.
This is an album that my wife got me into back when we started dating, and I've loved it all since. I could've gone with any other song, really, not necessarily to get points, but just because I love the whole damn album.

EDIT: Since I mentioned that my wife got me into this album, here's something I wrote years ago about that and other albums she got me into. I reserve the right to include any other song from these 5 albums in future rounds

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
EDIT: Since I mentioned that my wife got me into this album, here's something I wrote years ago about that and other albums she got me into. I reserve the right to include any other song from these 5 albums in future rounds

yeeeeeeessss.s........s....s...............s........................

if you haven't, please do check out Lanegan's Bubblegum album, The Gutter Twins' album - Saturnalia, and HBS (Ben Shepherd of Soundgarden) - In Deep Owl.

Let the night air cool you off
Listened to the Icecross album. Pretty solid stuff. Not mindblowing or anything, but it had some fun drumming and felt ahead of its time.

All voted again which means....

1st - Jack White - Love Is Blindness (81 pts)

2nd - Icecross - Nightmare (79 pts)
3rd - Pony Bradshaw - Dope Mountain (75 pts)
3rd - Le Cassette - You Are You Are (75 pts)
5th - Chris Cornell - Follow My Way (72 pts)
6th - U2 - Desire (71 pts)
7th - Chuck Berry - Almost Grown (65 pts)
8th - Unheilig - Zwischen Licht Und Schatten (59 pts)
9th - 2Pac - Hit 'Em Up (53 pts)
10th - Joan Baez - Rejoice in the Sun (50 pts)
11th - Wade Hayes - What I Meant to Say (46 pts)

Grats to Yin on also getting another through to the Final inaugural Yin/Speling head-to-head match

Round five up in an hour and three-quarters or thereabouts...

Apologies for the slight delay, would love to be able to say something unexpected came up but the sad truth is I started watching what thus far is a piece-of-crap (Feedback, 2019) and this simply slipped my mind for a while.

Anywho .... all stay in plus Sedai and John-Connor both return to the fray

.... and now back to the seemingly spellbinding crapfest for me.

1. Electrelane - Film Music
  2. Poets of the Fall - Carnival of Rust
  3. Lake of Tears - Demon You / Lily Anne
  4. Keram - Mary Magdalene
  5. Chris Cornell - Steel Rain
  6. Igorrr- Downgrade Desert
  7. Dark Tranquillity - Monochromatic Stains
  8. Barbra Streisand - Guilty ft. Barry Gibb
  9. Edith Piaf - Padam, padam
  10. The Great Pretender - The Platters
  11. Manic Street Preachers - You Love Us
  12. Ronnie Milsap - Inside
  13. Ludwig van Beethoven - Violin Sonata No. 6, I. Allegro

My R6 nom:
Twin Tribes - Shadows

yeeeeeeessss.s........s....s...............s........................

if you haven't, please do check out Lanegan's Bubblegum album, The Gutter Twins' album - Saturnalia, and HBS (Ben Shepherd of Soundgarden) - In Deep Owl.
Oh yeah, we have Bubblegum and Field Songs. Good ones too. The others, I haven't heard, but noted. Thanks.

A system of cells interlinked
1 Keram - Mary Magdalene
2 Dark Tranquillity - Monochromatic Stains
3 Poets of the Fall - Carnival of Rust
4 Manic Street Preachers - You Love Us
5 Chris Cornell - Steel Rain
6 Lake of Tears - Demon You / Lily Anne
7 The Platters - The Great Pretender
8 Ludwig van Beethoven - Violin Sonata No. 6, I. Allegro
9 Igorrr- Downgrade Desert
10 Electrelane - Film Music
11 Edith Piaf - Padam, padam
12 Ronnie Milsap - Inside
13 Barbra Streisand - Guilty ft. Barry Gibb

Overall, a strong round. Even the Milsap tune wasn't too off-putting, just not my thing. The Keram tune had me moving my own selection to second, also...

Me trying to compare Beethoven to Ronnie Milsap or Dark Tranquility to Edith Piaf:

But seriously, an interesting round to be sure. Have there been any other memorably diverse rounds in past games?

A system of cells interlinked
We had another MoFo a couple of years ago that was a big classical guy. He would always put classical tunes in the tournaments. At that point I decided, either I always put them in first, as there is an objective argument as to why they are always superior to something like Bananarama or Metallica, or I just go by how they struck my fancy at that particular moment. Obviously, I had to go with the latter.