Cobra Kai (The Karate Kid TV Sequel)

Tools    

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...be-red-1014453

"Three decades after The Karate Kid, original stars Ralph Macchio and William Zabka are heading back to the dojo. The duo are set to reprise their roles as underdog Daniel LaRusso (Macchio) and bully Johnny Lawrence (Zabka) in a 10-episode straight-to-series follow-up called Cobra Kai for subscription service YouTube Red.

The series, set to bow in 2018, is set 30 years after the events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament and revolves around a down and out Johnny who, seeking redemption, reopens the infamous Cobra Kai dojo. It reignites his rivalry with a now-successful Daniel, who has been struggling to maintain balance in his life without the guidance of his mentor, Mr. Miyagi (the late Pat Morita). The half-hour comedy follows the duo addressing demons from their past and present frustrations — through (what else?) karate.

Josh Heald (Hot Tub Time Machine) as well as duo Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg (Harold and Kumar) will pen the script and exec produce. Macchio and Zabka will co-exec produce. Hurwitz and Schlossberg will direct much of the series. Will Smith's Sony Pictures Television Studios-based Overbrook Entertainment will exec produce with James Lassiter and Caleeb Pinkett overseeing for the company.

"Like everyone who grew up in the 1980s, the three of us are enormous fans of The Karate Kid​,” Heald, Hurwitz and Schlossberg said in a joint statement. "Cobra Kai​ will be a true continuation of the original films — packed with comedy, heart and thrilling fight scenes. We can’t wait to reignite the LaRusso-Lawrence rivalry, and we’re thankful to our partners at YouTube Red, Sony Pictures Television and Overbrook for their shared enthusiasm in making our dream project a reality."

Daniels, who said Karate Kid still resonates with YouTube users today, noted that the series comes as part of an effort to age up YouTube Red's demographic from 18-34 to the more advertiser-coveted 18-49 set. "It had all the elements you look for in a strong show. It had heart, it had laughs, it had drama, it had characters with strong points of view. All of it was there in the pitch," Daniels said."

This thread should be in upcoming movies and sequels

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
This thread should be in upcoming movies and sequels
I think it's because it's not a movie, but a web series that will be exclusive on YouTube Red.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
I watched the series and I have to say this is exactly what I had hoped for and it succeeds on so many levels. A meshing of 80's nostalgia and remembering the Karate Kid original. It is more of a role reversal this time with Johnny seeking redemption for himself for both himself and his estranged son while Daniel, shocked at the opening of Cobra Kai, goes to extremes to stop Johnny from running the school and even entering the All Valley Karate Tournament. If you liked The Karate Kid, then you have to see this...

Especially since it was announced today there will be a season 2!!!!

Huh, gonna check this out. Thanks guys.

A system of cells interlinked
This show kicks ass! Once we started watching, we couldn't stop. A must see for fans of the original films.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Are there any other YouTube Red exclusives worth watching? I'll give the free trial a spin, but seems a waste fro just one show.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I've heard nothing but great things. The fact that YouTube is fast-tracking the second season speaks volumes.

Either that or they have nothing else in the barn.

This was really entertaining. My 9 year old son started watching and we had to stop so I could have him watch the movies so he could be caught up. He was never interested before.

A system of cells interlinked
Johnny Lawrence may not be the hero we need, but he's the hero we deserve.

"I don't want to hear about any more fake diseases, like asthma, or peanut allergies. Quiet!"

This was really entertaining. My 9 year old son started watching and we had to stop so I could have him watch the movies so he could be caught up. He was never interested before.

I don't know where you live or if you have any theaters that do Flashback cinema but Silverspot is running the Original Karate Kid August 12th and 15th.

I'm on episode 3 and surprisingly stunned by how good this show is.

Exceptionally great TV shows like this that can be watched by the whole family are hard to find, and this shows better than most out there.

Just finished and it maintained its strength all throughout the series. They say most likely season 2 is coming in May 2019, or sooner.

I have to keep myself updated about this series.
I was expecting a pile of crap and I got surprised.
As a BIG fan of the early Karate Kid's, I mean really BIG fan, probably the most times I've watched a movie I was reluctant about a series.
I completely loved William Zabka, just perfect.