MoFo Fantasy Football 2018 - The Regular Season

Tools    

And Miller with a one-yard plunge, salvaging an otherwise really bad start.

Looking rough now. So often it really just comes down to "who scores the TDs?" and so far with Brate and Miller, that's more than the difference.

26 rushes for Buffalo, McCoy has two.

Yikes. Specifically, one of my more hopeful points was McCoy's playoff schedule, but that doesn't matter if he doesn't get the ball.

Been preoccupied today, so just now seeing our score for the first time. That's crazy about Brate. Two receptions for two TDs. If I'd gotten a chance to jump online earlier, I probably would've switched him out for Engram since Odell's not playing today. Definitely made a mistake not playing Edelman. Will be very annoyed at myself if I lose because of it. I was mostly debating between him and Ingram. Knew Edelman was the safer option, but expected the Saints to get up big on the Bucs and just pound the rock in the second half. Obviously the game hasn't played out that way and Edelman already has his highest point total of the season.

Losing McCoy was a tough break for Yoda. It's looking good for me right now, but things can change in a hurry. I feel like Alshon's due a big game, especially now that defenses might start focusing more on Tate. If Winston tosses anymore TD's today, hopefully it will be to Evans or Brate.

Been preoccupied today, so just now seeing our score for the first time. That's crazy about Brate. Two receptions for two TDs. If I'd gotten a chance to jump online earlier, I probably would've switched him out for Engram since Odell's not playing today.
Oh man, don't tell me that. I was thinking exactly this, when I saw the Odell thing. Oof.

Losing McCoy was a tough break for Yoda.
I didn't realize at first he was hurt. Yeah, that's super rough.

It's looking good for me right now, but things can change in a hurry. I feel like Alshon's due a big game, especially now that defenses might start focusing more on Tate. If Winston tosses anymore TD's today, hopefully it will be to Evans or Brate.
Yeah, really limits the options. Winston had a huge first half and has done almost literally nothing since.

I have very little confidence in Jeffrey right now, but if "due" is a thing, yeah. Last week they targeted him in the end zone but didn't connect, at least.

Yeah, you should be fine. I don't think you'll have a single bad total and both Brown and Jeffrey have done very little. It'll take a crazy game from both and almost nothing from your guys in the second half to even make it close.

Couple fewer short TDs and McCoy staying in the game and we've probably got ourselves a nailbiter, but that's how it goes.

Ha. Jeffrey and Brown have combined for ~4 points around halftime. They should've just done that earlier to spare me the hour or so where it kinda looked like I could still win.

It's easy to forget about @Fabulous since he's so quiet on here, but I think of him as my primary rival in the MoFo Fantasy Football League. Neither of us has ever missed the playoffs, which I think is impressive given the size and competitiveness of the league. We both joined in 2015 and finished as the top two teams during the regular season, but he won the championship and I lost in the semi-finals. I've gone deeper than him these past two years, advancing to the championship two years in a row only to come up short both times. Last year I beat him in the semi-finals. This year he looks to return the favor. I'm still chasing the trophy that he won in his first attempt.

I felt much better about my chances early in the week. I was hoping that Rivers would get me 30+ like he did in his first game against the Chiefs, but no such luck. Then my kicker, Butker, put up his lowest total of the season. On the other side, Fabulous had Damien Williams go off, an excellent waiver wire stash on his part. At least Tyreek Hill had a bad game by his standards. I'll probably be without TY Hilton since he hasn't practiced all week. I wasn't planning on starting Miller today, but he has a good match-up and he's my next best option in the flex. Haven't made up my mind on who to play at TE. Engram should have opportunities, but Tennessee has given up the fewest points to TEs this season. Might roll with Ian Thomas for the Panthers since he's put together a couple solid weeks.

The biggest question mark for me will be Derrick Henry. It's impossible to leave him on the bench again after last week's explosion, but I still have little confidence in him. I assume he'll get every opportunity to replicate his performance (an impossible feat, of course). Will he take advantage of it, though, or revert back to getting only 4-6 fantasy points as he has most of the year? I feel like Fab has better match-ups than me this week, and I'm currently projected to lose after TNF's game, so I feel like every point is crucial. No room for error.

Things are looking increasingly dim. Lamar Miller injured his ankle on the opening drive. He returned to the game, but it must've still been bothering him because last I saw they were taking him into the locker room. Hopefully it checks out okay and he gets back out there and salvages his fantasy day. Otherwise I might be cooked. This is especially annoying since I never intended to play him this week, but I felt like it was too risky to sit him today if Hilton misses the game tomorrow since my other flex options aren't as appealing this week.

Miller finishes with 3 carries for 8 yards. Terrible blow. I'm now a 20-point underdog.

Hopefully Derrick Henry saved some of that special sauce from last week and scores another 50.

Miller finishes with 3 carries for 8 yards. Terrible blow. I'm now a 20-point underdog.
I was going to reply to this last night and point out that it really only takes one really bad game on his side (or one really good one on yours) to flip that. Wish I had, because...

Hopefully Derrick Henry saved some of that special sauce from last week
...he did. Closing in on 30 points.

Could go either way right now. WHO WILL WIN THE RIGHT TO LOSE TO MIKEY/TODD GURLEY?

Yeah, Woods would basically need to match his season high.

Spaulding's looking like he might make his third straight MoFo Bowl! Would be only the second team to do it.

Spaulding's looking like he might make his third straight MoFo Bowl! Would be only the second team to do it.
Let me guess . . . you were the first?

After Lamar Miller got injured early in the game Saturday, I thought that might've ruined my chances at a victory this week, but my other guys stepped up. Looks like I might have to buy myself a Derrick Henry jersey. When I did that trade with Sedai a few weeks back (I gave him Trubisky/Lockett for Baldwin/Henry), I was really only interested in Baldwin, hoping that he might return to his past self (and I was looking ahead to a juicy matchup against the Chiefs in week 16). I only asked for Henry to balance the trade and give myself some emergency depth. Never expected to actually be starting him. Now Henry looks like one of those random, unforeseen guys who might lead people to fantasy championships.

Also traded for Engram many weeks ago (gave up Chris Thompson for him). That looked like a nothing trade, but with Odell missing games now, suddenly Engram has turned into a viable option when I need him most.

I'll be playing on All-Madden difficulty next week. (Mahomes AND Gurley on the same team? That's just unfair.) Happy to have made it to three straight championship games, though. That's a feat in itself.

Still have tonight's game to go of course, but I am going to win pretty easily and head to the championship! Two years back was my first ever foray into Fantasy Football. Finished tenth out of ten. Last year I learned a lot and finished fifth out of ten. Now I am going for the whole enchilada.

Amari Cooper had carried me the past few weeks while Gurley was being very un-Gurley like, but Dallas collectively sh!t the bed and Gurley-Man rebounded with a nice game in the loss last night...despite giving me a heart attack when he was questionable and on the sidelines for a couple series. And I still have McCaffrey going tonight, though I didn't need him this week.

The team I will face this coming week is a good one. She has Patrick Mahomes, Alvin Kamara, Juju Smith-Schuster, and Travis Kelce leading her squad. Ain't gonna be a cakewalk, that's for sure.

But I love winning. It's, like, better than losing.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra