Travel bucket lists, memories and more.

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Thank you for backing this campaign! You're part of a passionate community empowering entrepreneurs to bring their ideas to life.
Share the campaign with friends!

Done and done, Ms Aus
I saw this today when I got home! Made me grin like an idiot... and also made me feel humble. I'm just enough of a travel newbie to be able to find humor and details in this trip where others might miss them. That's the idea, anyway.

You are such a brave soul. Your stories are scary and inspiring at the same time!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I saw this today when I got home! Made me grin like an idiot... and also made me feel humble. I'm just enough of a travel newbie to be able to find humor and details in this trip where others might miss them. That's the idea, anyway.

You are such a brave soul. Your stories are scary and inspiring at the same time!
Dance like no one is watching, hon. Enjoy your trip. Take headphones because some irritating people will make you want to punch them otherwise. 'What are you doing? Tell me all about it. Have you tried the food here? It's horrible. And dont use the toilet for the next week. I just pooped in there after eating a vindaloo'.

Seriously, some people have no idea about boundaries.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Ha! Luckily I am booked mostly for private roomettes or bedrooms on the train, though short spurts will be in coach seats to save money (and to experience every type of train travel that I can on one trip).

I have plenty of boundaries (as an introvert). And I have no shame about saying, "Oops, gotta go!"

Ha! Luckily I am booked mostly for private roomettes or bedrooms on the train, though short spurts will be in coach seats to save money (and to experience every type of train travel that I can on one trip).

I have plenty of boundaries (as an introvert). And I have no shame about saying, "Oops, gotta go!"
When you're ready for it, I recommend a train trip in India. Amazing, totally amazing experience. I think your son should pay to give you a holiday.

Yodels...cough up!

You two should go together one day.

I miss Turkey

https://www.facebook.com/TurkeyWelco...6597751351652/

They've had so much bad press lately and in my experience, it;s such a friendly country.

I cant remember where I'm up to because I've been hijacking myself all over the place but I'll go back to India.

This is very similar to the blood moon I saw under the influence of bad mushrooms I had in Gili Meno off the coast of Lombok (which is not in India so HJ already). The moon was so red I tried to feed mushrooms to my camera so it could see the same thing I was seeing. The singing mermaids in the water laughed at me. I then got lost walking back to my bungalow only metres behind me. My scottish travel companion was no help. She had Bali Belly and was groaning in her bed.

2nd attempt to return to India. Sunset at Goa. I did not feed shrooms to my camera this time. Please excuse the dust on my transparency. I think that was the first time I ever tried scanning a slide and I forgot to blow it off.

The family I mentioned who were airlifted from Kuwait the day before. I walked up to ask them what they were doing. Collecting pippis no less. We got to sample them the next day at sunday lunch.

The beauty of cycling in places like India is you can be in the middle of nowhere, not a soul to be seen (no sweaty tourist pits and bottoms on buses or trains), so you pull up stumps, jump off your bike, pull out your thermos of chai and some breakfast snacks, and holy hell, people appear out of nowhere. It's magic.

Oh books. Here's another hijack. I was thinking of my israeli friend who got kidnapped in Colombia and annoyed his captors so much they told him to leave. That reminded me of this book which I read when I was going through my orchid obsession.

http://www.thecloudgarden.com/

For some strange reason I was reminded of their description of being bored while the guerillas were getting on with, well, guerillering so they decided to play cricket. Stumps - check. Bats - check. Ball - urm...they used a piece of fruit. The generale came over to watch what the commotion of 'howzat' was all about just as one hit a 6 and the piece of fruit smashed all over boss man's face. Oops.

I thought of another book but the memory fairy just went outside for a durry.

Ooh Ooh I rmember. This book was written by my hubby's childhood neighbour. It's being made into a movie but I think for some reason it was shelved. Why you dont traffic coke in Bolivia

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...arching_Powder

And not exactly a travel book but it involves a real life serial killer who travelled a fair bit and saw some interesting prisons that he liked to escape from. He's probably plotting another escape as I type.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...harles_Sobhraj

One more story

The cherry blossoms in Japan. My dad came to visit just after they all blew away after cherry blossom time in Kyoto. I was so proud; everywhere I took him I would say 'dad, dad, two weeks ago all the blossoms were out' because I knew he had a fondness for japanese cherry blossoms. His demeanor went from 'that's nice' to 'seething through clenched teeth'. I didnt understand what was going on so finally asked him if all the white rice was making him constipated. He rolled his eyes so I just kept prattling away. Suddenly 'dad, dad...' He told me if I mentioned cherry blossoms again he would give me a clip on the ear. I said 'I just wanted to tell you that on friday night there was a guy on a moped at that set of lights so drunk he would fall off to the right, get back up then fall off to the left'.

I had no idea my dad had been to Japan half a dozen times with my mum hunting cherry blossom time and always missed it by that much. He needed a better travel agent.

You make me to wanna go to India. It's always high on my travel list, but going there requires time for me. India is like a craddle of many cultures. My mom has been to India and Nepal and I envy her

Just wanna throw things away and get on a plane right now.

Before going to India the first time a friend said 'India...when you're there you cant wait to leave and when you go, you cant wait to get back'. It's a complete assault on all the senses. I've always wanted to go for Holi but I'd probably frek out about my camera gea

Woahhh. I want to go to the Canadian Rockies. Who's with me?

Photo by Travel Photographer Paul Ziska who I follow on fb. Really nice guy and amazing wilderness photography.

I covet the headscarf on the left. Scary, hey. She must be hiding a grenade launcher under there. I will never understnd why head scarves frighten some people.

World Food Programme in Pakistan.

Nice photo of an iceberg. The photographer is amazing indeed.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Walking into town (Thailand) --- one of the my favorite pictures, and lots of memories.

The Guest-House we stayed in

My friend was drunk, but told me he said "Can you GUYS please give me some space" not realizing he was covered.. (I went to sleep shortly before this happened -- we had to wake up in about 2 hours to work a 14 hour shift on the farm!)

Jammin'